The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars: X-wing Starfighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars: X-wing Starfighter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: X-wing Starfighter Reply with quote

I have an idea for a campaign, and it involves Starfighter Command. My idea basically mirrors Wedge's creation of Wraith Squadron. Unlike The Wraiths, Orange Squadron will be PCs & player controlled NPCs. What I need is basicly the strategy guide to the old X-wing, which describes Flight school for the rebel alliance pilots.

....Spoilers
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars: X-wing Starfighter Reply with quote

Sylia wrote:
I have an idea for a campaign, and it involves Starfighter Command. My idea basically mirrors Wedge's creation of Wraith Squadron. Unlike The Wraiths, Orange Squadron will be PCs & player controlled NPCs. What I need is basicly the strategy guide to the old X-wing, which describes Flight school for the rebel alliance pilots.

Do you mean the official booklet that came with the 1992 X-Wing computer game? Or do you mean a separate publication that was a walkthrough/strategy mag? Or did you mean something else entirely different that I've failed to grasp?
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, multi-tasking at work. The strategy guide, which kinda had like a story with the walk through.

....Spoilers
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylia wrote:
Sorry, multi-tasking at work. The strategy guide, which kinda had like a story with the walk through.

No problem. I just like to make sure that I'm doing the right thing to help.

Aaaand... I'm not gonna lie. I went to look for this and saw it for 99 cents on eBay and was tempted to snag it. You, however, are going to put it to more noble purposes. So, in good conscience, I could not. Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Wing-The-Official-Strategy-Guide-by-Rusel-DeMaria-1993-Paperback-/321309584298?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item4acf8b2baa

I don't know about any easy downloads or anything... but this looks like a good deal to me.
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way (and sorry about the double post), but the idea you have sounds fascinating. Is there any chance you might share those adventure outlines and stats once you've got things together?
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, of course. While I have a vague idea, sometimes I do need help fleshing things out Very Happy

....Spoilers
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylia wrote:
Lol, of course. While I have a vague idea, sometimes I do need help fleshing things out Very Happy

And that's what the community is here to help you do!
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to use maybe 3 or 4 of the missions from the orginal game as part of the Flight School FlightSim Training. Defintly gona have the Redemption scenario Wink

Moved my inital post in this slot to the Adventures section, lol

....Spoilers
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a copy of X-wing at Savers for $3 last summer. I think it has a PDF on the disc. I'll see if I can dig out the disc, and see if there is anything useful on it.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a q, since wedge's creation of wraith squadron was considered unique for its use of pilots who were other things first, rather than the established way of they were pilots first before hand, what time are you going to set this in? Or are you not going to bother with canon issues/timeline worries?
Sylia
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gona be about a month after Echo Base was established, and the squadron isn't gona active for to long before it's disbanded, "officially" that is Wink

....Spoilers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: