The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

OOC Discussion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> OOC Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Does anyone object to including 2-3 NPCs to the Chainfire's crew? I want to include enough characters to crew the ship properly, and so far, we've been unable to do that with PCs.

No objections here either. That's also why I wanted to introduce RT. Having some NPC's that are close to the group makes for some easy plot hooks that the characters will care about. More storytelling tools is always a winner.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so I am clear, are there four of us at the bottom of the ramp right now?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Just so I am clear, are there four of us at the bottom of the ramp right now?

Yes, Caster, Vin, Darwin, and John. Though John will be quietly departing to locations unknown unless his player shows up in the next couple of posts. Mr Anders is in the proccess of leaving and the two wookiees busy making noise at the other end of the ship.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking pretty seriously about running a parallel story to this one (One more player and I'll start setting up the game), covering some of these same events from the Jedi side. It looks like Jedi_Skyler will be joining that story, but I was wondering if any of you would be interested in playing in that game as well? I'm looking for at least one more player, preferably 2-3. Everyone would be playing Jedi characters (I'm open to discussion if someone wants to run a non-force user, but I'd prefer force users.)

Both stories would affect the other, the actions of one group of characters could very easily have reprecussions for the other.

If any of you would be interested in playing, I'd love to have you join. If interested, you can reply in the "Parallel Story" thread in the "PnP Overview" section of this site.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
I'm thinking pretty seriously about running a parallel story to this one (One more player and I'll start setting up the game), covering some of these same events from the Jedi side. It looks like Jedi_Skyler will be joining that story, but I was wondering if any of you would be interested in playing in that game as well? I'm looking for at least one more player, preferably 2-3. Everyone would be playing Jedi characters (I'm open to discussion if someone wants to run a non-force user, but I'd prefer force users.)

Both stories would affect the other, the actions of one group of characters could very easily have reprecussions for the other.

If any of you would be interested in playing, I'd love to have you join. If interested, you can reply in the "Parallel Story" thread in the "PnP Overview" section of this site.

I am definitely intrigued by the idea, but not sure how many more games I can realistically be a part of. Lemme think on it a day or two. When do you want to get it rolling?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd love to have you join us.

It will be at least another week before I can get it started. I'm actually in the proccess of getting some notes together for the story right now. I think the biggest thing we are waiting on right now is for a forum to get set up.
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about my absense. Been on work trips for 2 weeks (surprise trips) including Australia. 24+ hours each way on planes even kills the weekends fast.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaloth Varsk wrote:
Sorry about my absense. Been on work trips for 2 weeks (surprise trips) including Australia. 24+ hours each way on planes even kills the weekends fast.

Good to see you back!

I'm going to work on getting a post up a little later today.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I've got some stuff going on with the inlaws starting Wednesday. Odds are pretty good that I'm going to be AWOL through the end of the weekend, and even if I can get a little online time, its going to be erratic at best. Things should be back to normal on my end early next week.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the lack of posts this last week. The holiday made things a little more chaotic than usual. Combine that with the fact that I know a couple of my players have had an interesting week as well, . . .

Well, long story short, I'll try to get my next post up by this weekend.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Sorry about my absence over the last couple days; I've been quite ill. I'm SURE someone mentioned the plague in there somewhere...alas, I'm now recovered enough to drag my carcass to the computer and get some posting done. I'll catch up in the threads and make any appropriate posts.

Thanks for the patience.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Hey guys. Sorry about my absence over the last couple days; I've been quite ill. I'm SURE someone mentioned the plague in there somewhere...alas, I'm now recovered enough to drag my carcass to the computer and get some posting done. I'll catch up in the threads and make any appropriate posts.

Thanks for the patience.

Glad you are feeling a little better, hopefully back to normal soon. And my posts haven't been as regular lately either - seems like this time of year is always busier with extra things.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the slow updates recently, the holidays have been keeping me busy, and two sick boys have turned "busy" into complete chaos. My posts should become more regular again after New Years.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I just wanted to take a poll and see how everyone wants to run this. Our characters are going to know each other to some degree, having served with each other during the war. However, we as players haven't had any real conversation about the direction we'd like to take this. We've covered it a little bit in-game, but we haven't really discussed what is perhaps the biggest question that needs to be answered:

How do we want to proceed, as pertains to our characters having been serving the Sith?

The Sith have just lost the war, being roundly defeated on Russan. The Jedi are still prolific throughout the Republic, although their numbers have been seriously depleted by the war. This isn't as much of a problem for them, however, since they work closely with the Republic, so Republic agents will be usually more than willing to work with them, which gives the Jedi eyes and ears potentially all over the galaxy. However, there are obviously SOME Sith around (case in point, several levels down from where Vin currently is, at the med center), so there is the possibility of some kind of alliance there, should the group want to seek such out. There is also the possibility of the group actually trying to work for the Jedi, as the winning side, in order to hopefully avoid any kind of prosecution or worse.

All that said, how does this group want to proceed? Do we want to pursue one side or the other? Or do we want to try and go our own way? Work as mercenaries - which most of us were anyway - or merchants, or some other profession? I'm asking this OOC because our characters theoretically will have discussed such things in a little more detail than has already happened in game, and I'd like to have a consensus as we continue to work toward that goal.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to take a poll and see how everyone wants to run this. Our characters are going to know each other to some degree, having served with each other during the war. However, we as players haven't had any real conversation about the direction we'd like to take this. We've covered it a little bit in-game, but we haven't really discussed what is perhaps the biggest question that needs to be answered:

How do we want to proceed, as pertains to our characters having been serving the Sith?

The Sith have just lost the war, being roundly defeated on Russan. The Jedi are still prolific throughout the Republic, although their numbers have been seriously depleted by the war. This isn't as much of a problem for them, however, since they work closely with the Republic, so Republic agents will be usually more than willing to work with them, which gives the Jedi eyes and ears potentially all over the galaxy. However, there are obviously SOME Sith around (case in point, several levels down from where Vin currently is, at the med center), so there is the possibility of some kind of alliance there, should the group want to seek such out. There is also the possibility of the group actually trying to work for the Jedi, as the winning side, in order to hopefully avoid any kind of prosecution or worse.

All that said, how does this group want to proceed? Do we want to pursue one side or the other? Or do we want to try and go our own way? Work as mercenaries - which most of us were anyway - or merchants, or some other profession? I'm asking this OOC because our characters theoretically will have discussed such things in a little more detail than has already happened in game, and I'd like to have a consensus as we continue to work toward that goal.

Good questions. I was kind of thinking similar things here. I guess that my character would lean towards trying to be independent and go where the money is.

On a somewhat related note, Guardian, are you going to be running our missing characters as NPC's for the time-being?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a tendency to remove unused characters from my stories. In the case of our two wayward players, the one who went with Vin to the hospital has taken off to try making it on his own. (This allows the character to be brought back into the story if the player ever returns, without the player needing to read up on everything their character did during their absence.) And I'm still half heartedly hoping that our other missing player will return soon. If not, I'll find a way/excuse to remove him from the story before leaving Kashyyyk as well. In the meantime, I have a host of other characters (Both PC and NPC) who will hopefully be joining the crew before too much longer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: