The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 2: Kashyyyk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A -> Chapter 2: Kashyyyk Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You're not kidding. Things are changing so fast right now, some future information would help a lot. At best, lots of money to be made. At worst, maybe it could keep us alive, and preferably out of prison."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin replies, "The only issue with that is that, I'm told, the future is always in motion, and is therefore hard to be sure you're seeing an accurate picture of what's going to happen."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the next several minutes, the crew watches as the Republic forces in the system move to intercept the DarkStar. After a slow flyby, one of the Republic ships moves to dock with the much larger Sith vessel.

A soft warning chime draws the drew's attention back to the Chainfire's controls as the ship begins to enter the atmosphere. The trip through the atmosphere is a frenzy of routine activity until the Chainfire pierces the vibrant canopy of the forest. Following their landing beacon, they find themselves landing their ship inside the hollowed out section of one of the massive Wroshyr trees that support the city of Rowwrok above the forrest floor.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin takes a deep breath. "We're going to have to be doubly careful here; if we have Sith running around on this Republic-held world, we run the risk of being seen by people who know us. We need to get taken care of as quickly as possible and get the heck out of here."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster powers down the ship and turns to the rest of the crew. "Ok, so what's the plan from here?"
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Let's get up a schematic of the city layout. We need to get provisions and fuel cells, then get out. Now the hard part...what do we have to trade to accomplish this. I highly doubt any credit I have with the Sith will be worth anything to anyone here. I imagine you are all in the same ship."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster taps the blaster on his right hip and says, "If we don't have anything to trade, there's more than one way to procure supplies."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin pipes up. "Perhaps we might be able to get stocked up without having to purchase anything." Looking at his crewmates, he continues. "By all means, there are other means of procuring items. After all, we were working in a merc unit; I don't have to ask how many times each of us has heard the phrase, 'Beg, borrow, or requisition.' We could go that route. Or," he says, drawing the word out, "We could offer to take medical supplies back to the front on Russan. If we aren't able to secure what we need on our own efforts, we could offer to take supplies to Republic forces in-theater. They would load us up with whatever they want transported, make sure we're fueled, provisioned, and hurry us on our way.

"To that end, we should pull any data we can on the war effort on Russan; if we go that route, we need to give information that is available on the HoloNet. If we give information that would only be known to someone who had been there, we're gonna be karked."
Kaloth Varsk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm not sure what anyone else's plans are, but I see some other nice side effects of your plan. The writing is on the wall for the Sith Empire. If we actually did deliver some supplies for the republic, it could give us some credibility with them, and might keep us from getting shot at later. I'm not anticipating a lot of work coming my way from the Sith any time soon, so some new contacts would be helpful."

Dar looks to see the reactions of others, especially knowing that a Sith apprentice is right here.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin nods his head enthusiastically. "And along those lines...Darth Malikus was indeed teaching me to use the Force; however, his instruction was not as heavy-laden with what I would personally consider Sith doctrine. He was simply teaching me how to access and use the Force." He looks back toward the aft hold. "I think his foresight might have been in play there as well; it may be that he did that to prevent our automatic capture and downfall at the hands of the Republic. He did include plenty of Sith materials for me to study, but there are also a plethora of Jedi techniques in there as well, from what I could see. I mean, he didn't even have me construct lightsabers with red blades, as the Sith are known for using." He shudders briefly, involuntarily. "I wonder how deep his foresight ran, if he did indeed plan all this out."

Looking back to Dar, Vin adds, "I agree wholeheartedly, though. We need to develop new contacts, contacts who are ours, and not from our merc or Sith associations. We need to develop our own credentials.

"And, as far as anyone is concerned," he adds, his voice taking on a serious tone, "my studies in the Force have been conducted on my own. We should be on the same page for that subject, in case we are asked separately."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the characters talk, they see a small group including one human and two wookiees enter the landing bay.

The human is a tall, skinny man wearing a uniform and carrying a datapad. He is obviously looking the Chainfire over with interest as he approaches.

The two wookiees are obviously mechanics. Their fur smeared with grease and tools in hand. Both have the tired expresion of someone who has had a hard day at work and is ready to go home.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster looks past the others in the cockpit and seeing the newcomers says: "Time's up. Here comes the welcoming committee. Let's go meet them and not give em a reason to check the cargo hold." Caster will let the others file out first, as he checks just to make sure the ship is powered down.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin notices Caster's action. "Perhaps you should leave the ship on 'Standby,' just in case..."

Adjusting his robes, Vin stands and heads for the boarding ramp, ready to disembark and see what is...
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caster thinks for a moment, and replies: "Good idea. Go on ahead, I'll be right behind you." Caster will make the necessary adjustments before heading after the others.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin nods, rising. "Don't volunteer any such information; only give it if someone asks. No sense opening that topic for discussion if we don't have to.

"By the way, nice flying. Good job getting us out of there."

Leaving the cockpit, Vin pulls the hood of his cloak up and heads for the boarding ramp. He will wait for the the other members of the team (minus Caster, who is busy setting the ship at standby prior to departing, before opening and descending the ramp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Empire's End - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: