The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How long should it take to plot a micro jump?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> How long should it take to plot a micro jump? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? I'm not a total crack head after all! Laughing

The thing's already been conceived! I guess we're just hashing out the issues that Palpatine's engineers already cooked up.

At least we're not totally off our nut, though boys! 8)
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
See? I'm not a total crack head after all! Laughing

The thing's already been conceived! I guess we're just hashing out the issues that Palpatine's engineers already cooked up.

At least we're not totally off our nut, though boys! 8)

I have used the concept of Hyperspace Missiles in many a sci-fi game that I have both run and played in, including a Space Empire wargame I was in (much to the chagrin of one of my adversaries). It is a feasable concept. And if you use the smaller H-Drives like Starfighters use, you get compact size, and power. Pop in a single jump droid brain, like an astromech's, and you have 1-jump to target's anihilation. It would have to be programmed prior to launch, meaning a platform or ship so equipped, and some time. Figure at least 15-30 minutes of pre-flight preparation to prepare and double check the hyperspace course. In all and any cases, such weapons would best be served as a Strategic Weapon (starships are just too small and fast to target with hyperspace jumps...you could only get close). A sure fire way of raining death on an enemy world.

Heck, in one Star Wars game, a player's ship suffered a hyperspace mishap, and collided with a long, hyperspace capable cylinder. It was completely fragmented by the impact (the player's ship was heavily damaged). The players never figured out the significance, but it was a Hyperdrive boosted, thermonuclear missile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: