The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Shoulder mounted missile launcher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Shoulder mounted missile launcher.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therritn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Shoulder mounted missile launcher. Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if there was actually a reference for a shoulder mounted concussion missile launcher. If so, how much does one weigh, and what's the ammo capacity on it. I had an idea for a small version which is similar to the Predator's shoulder mounted laser, which has and ammo capacity of 5 taking into account that each missile is about the width and length of the 40mm grenade rounds used today. Any ideas, comments, suggestions, let me know.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Weapons Stats book has lots of shoulder-rocket launchers. Don`t think there something quite like the Predator`s, with that auto-aiming thing, but there`s plenty.

You can get it over on Tools.
therritn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More info there than you can shake a stick at! Laughing
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But then again, you got some powerful sticks in there as well, so you might be able to...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I'd be afraid of what would pop out of them to chase me off... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well, just don't use the amphistaff...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll use it... but I'll be waving it with the Force!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Shoulder mounted missile launcher. Reply with quote

therritn wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if there was actually a reference for a shoulder mounted concussion missile launcher. If so, how much does one weigh, and what's the ammo capacity on it. I had an idea for a small version which is similar to the Predator's shoulder mounted laser, which has and ammo capacity of 5 taking into account that each missile is about the width and length of the 40mm grenade rounds used today. Any ideas, comments, suggestions, let me know.

An easy way to handle situations like this is to simply base it off something in the real world, then give it a Star Wars description. For example, 40mm grenades, well, the Concussion grenade does 5D, so giving the small launcher a 4D to 5D damage range would be appropriate, with a reasonable range. For missile launchers, I am sure on any number of the thousand thousand worlds in the galaxy there are all variety, shapes, sizes, and functions of missile launchers, ranging from 1 shot disposables, to multi-shot, belt fed monstrosities. It all comes down to what you need/want to convey in your world. Just try to keep in the feel of Star Wars. For rough damage ranges, compare various character scaled weapons and weapons systems.[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: