The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

E-web vs m2 HMG vs Type 3 phaser
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> E-web vs m2 HMG vs Type 3 phaser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:01 pm    Post subject: E-web vs m2 HMG vs Type 3 phaser Reply with quote

Does an E-web really do the equivalent damage as an AT-STs main cannons? That seems a bit hi. Do you think it does less than one of the main cannons? How does it compare to a M2 firing .50 standard BMG rounds? A type 3 phaser can vaporize resilient metals.. (good bye beskar?). Where do theses weapons all compare with each other?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semantics may contribute to stats, but they aren’t stats in and of themselves. I redid the E-Web here to make it more like the blaster equivalent of an M2, but M2s don’t really exist in the SWU, so arguing exactly how powerful it is is kind of a moot point. What matters is that it’s like an M2 for the purposes of the game.

A Type 3 Phaser doesn’t really have an equivalent in either the SWU or the real world. If anything, it’s like a handheld version of the composite beam lasers mounted on the LAAT/i. IMO, there’s a place in the game for weapons like that (needlebeamer energy weapons are featured briefly in Han Solo and the Lost Legacy), but nothing official exists. If I were to stat it, I’d give it a relatively low Damage, but very high Auto-Fire rating.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the intended use?

I thinkn this is a very important factor in determining power and functionality attributes.

I would argue if a E-Web was anti personnel only then it woould not need a damage much above 5D.

Becuse it does have this and is considered and used at least xometimes as a crew size Anti Vehicle Weapon then we have a much higher damage due to the scale.

Now what vehicles would this be matched up against, most lightly armored ones and most small ones, so it would maybe not be a weapon to use against a AT-AT but it could be a weapon used against something maybe upto and including the size of a AT-ST.

To me any Character scale weapon with 6D+ Damage is an Anti Material Weapon, much like most if not all .50 Cals are anti material and not anti personnel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: