The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rebel storm or WEG minitures??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> Rebel storm or WEG minitures?? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which do you prefer or think would fit better
WEG Minitures
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Rebel storm collectibles
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
A mix
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Neither
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
I'm using the new minis, simply because they're available and I don't have the time or patience to paint the minis I have (Ogre), let alone track down OOP WEG ones.

How much bigger are the WOTC minis than the WEG ones? Is there that much of a difference that one couldn't just scale up the rules for Miniature Battles? I never played the mini game back in the day, hence the question.

There is a scale difference that makes the figures totally visually incompatible. They both use 1" round bases for humans though so the rules wouldn't need to be adapted at all. Just decide to only use WOTC ones and they will look ok. The range bands and movements are so big in WEG minis rules that you wouldn't want to scale them up unless you had a very big table. It was a pretty easygoing ruleset, assuming you don't go to bizarre extremes, basing and figure size is going to be irrelevant to the outcome of the games.

I prefer the WEG metal figures for nostalgia and customization and because they just look... "right" to me for this type of game. If it wasn't for that,WOTC factory painted ones would be the practical solution in pretty much every way. They made a lot more things, more poses, etc. and they are cheaper and easier to find nowadays.

However I also own lots of WOTC ones. And Imperial Assault. I'm a sucker for SW figures.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but nowadays, getting the WoTC minis are becoming a more and more expensive solution to the problem.
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legos. Started buying back when they first came out. I have a bunch.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
True, but nowadays, getting the WoTC minis are becoming a more and more expensive solution to the problem.

Still cheaper than getting the WEG ones nowadays!

If economy is THE driving factor, then the best course of action is to save up and buy $100 Imperial Assault. All your imp minis and maps... theoretically enough "neutral" and rebel minis to scrape by but... you'd probably want to pick up a blister or two, or WOTC minis, for your own campaign-specific PC's. Add in either the Hoth or Jabba $60 boxed expansion and you would be pretty much rolling in neutral and PC figures. Plus extra imps and maps. And the rules to a whole new game! The sticker shock of $100 for the core puts people off but the value is unmatched.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: