The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

(Recruitment - Element of Fire)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> (Recruitment - Element of Fire) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are we getting started? By the way, here is my character sheet, which may be changed via GM discretion. I am posting it here and if approved, I will post it in the character sheet thread...with any changes the GM notes.

Be'aal Zay'buub

Sullustan Slicer

DEXTERITY 3D
Brawling Parry
Dodge 5D
Thrown Weapons 4D, Thrown Weapons Knife: 5D
Running
Melee Parry
Melee Combat
Grenade

KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Alien Species
Streetwise
Planetary Systems
Willpower
Law Enforcement
Survival
Languages

MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation (obviously)
Swoop Operation
Starship Gunnery 4D
Capital Ship Gunnery
Communications
Sensors
Repulsorlift Ops

PERCEPTION 3D
Con
Persuasion
Hide
Search
Sneak
Gambling
Forgery

STRENGTH 3D
Brawling
Lifting
Climbing/Jumping
Stamina
Swimming

TECHNICAL 3D+2
Security 5D+2
Computer Programming/Repair
Starship Weapon Repair
Space Transport Repair
Repulsorlift Repair
Droid Programming
Droid Repair

Special Abilities:
Enhanced Senses: Sullustans have advanced senses of hearing and vision. Whenever they make Perception or search checks involving vision in low-light conditions or hearing, they receive a +2D bonus.
Location Sense: Once a Sullustan has visited an area, he always remembers how to return to the area - he cannot get lost in a place that he has visited before. This is automatic and requires no die roll. When using the astrogation skill to jump to a place a Sullustan has been, the astrogator receives a bonus of +1D to his die roll.
Move: 11
Size: 1.6 meters tall
Weight: 57 kg
Force Sensitive: No
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 5

Physical Description:
Handsome, rugged, and scrappy (as far Sullustans can be so), and slightly more muscular than the average Sullustan. Usually wears his bandoleer at all times. He has rigged it to where it slings from the right shoulder and down across his chest, around the left side of his waist and back up to the right shoulder and to where it hold five knives on either side with the hilts of the knives facing his right hand for quick draw. When the knives have been thrown from the front, he simply pulls at the bandoleer to bring the hilts of the five knives in back around to his front (thus the empty sheathes are now on his back).

Equipment:
Code Slicer, Security Systems Tool Kit, Ship-Jacking Kit, Gyro Grappler, 25 Meters of Fibra-Rope, PTP Link, Wide Scan Binocs, Portable Computer, Bandoleer w/ ten knife sheathes, several pouches, AXE STR+2D
30 Knives (25 Throwing Knives, 5 knives) STR+ 1D,
Stow Bag, Two Person Tent, Ten Changes of Clothes (Casual),
Boots, Gloves, Heavy Coat, Tunic, Worklight, Dehydraded Food Packs (100), Computer Tool Kit, Breath Mask, Several cartons of Death Sticks, and a Knife Target Board with image of the Sullustan "kiss-@$$" Republic Senator on it.

Credits: 350

Weapons Damage Difficulty Short Medium Long Ammo
Axe STR+2D Easy
Knife STR+1D Very Easy
Throwing Knife STR+1D Easy 2-3 5 10

Backround, Personality, Objective, yada, yada, yada...
Be'aal Zay'buub always had a nack for mechanics, and always had an urge to see what was behind the scenes. Information, specifically information he wasn't allowed to know or see, always held his interest and aquiring that information was always top priority. The fellow Sullustans in his social circle always frowned upon his life's choices and pursuits.

His species being reknowned as starship and vehicle engineers, mechanics, weapons manufacturers, navigators, and space-faring; he was rather shy from the stereotypes his kind were developing among the galactic community.

As more and more piracy began interrupting space travel, he knew his people's ability to always plot a straight course were always dependable, and to him that also meant culpable and responsible for any mishaps. An alarming number of his family members had operated on ships that have been attacked by pirates, and even still, a more alarming number of them have died. Be'aal simply refuses to pilot a ship or operate the shields. He refuses to be responsible for any lives that depend on him in space. Because of his Sullustan talent for navigating, he begrudgingly plays his role for plotting the next course...but never has a problem manning a weapon on a starship if neccessary.

Still, his passion is for hacking into things and aquiring more information for the sake of aquiring it. Perhaps it is simply the process is what is enjoyable more than actually reviewing anything he may find.

Be'aal is also not one to back down from a fight either. Though he is more fond of tossing one of his knives into the throat of his enemy, or simply throwing a punch than he is shooting them with a pulse-wave weapon (which at this point isn't very good with one anyway).

Still, with all his quirks, Be'aal is a rather friendly sort to anyone who will tolerate his crass, and sometimes even rather obnixious behavior (especially in combat, and even worse if he is losing the fight)...and his constant smoking. He has yet to set any real goals in his early adult life except for what is behind the locked datapad or terminal right in front of him. He hasn't developed the business skills on the level of his contemporaries, and doesn't know or care for the value of anything. One man's trash is another man's treasure; and certainly his trash could be another man's treasure...He always seems to find a use for anything left behind by others and someone always finds a use for things he cares little.

Last but not least: Is fond of Twi'lek women.

A Quote:
"Bee-bada-buba-bada-booba-badee-badaaba".
Translation (sarcasticly): Yessa, mouse-boy'll plot you a mighty fine course, massa.

Last edited by Trusty on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working mine up now, an Anomid Jedi some such. The copy I have of the Tales of the Jedi Companion doesn't have the templates, so I'm currently downloading the massive file posted by Hellcat, 101 MB! Whew! Shocked
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trusty wrote:
When are we getting started?

Just as soon as we get the sheets. And give your character a FP, otherwise he looks good to me. I know he's not Force-sensitive, but he does get one FP for starting out. Force-sensitives get two for starting out.

Jamfke wrote:
The copy I have of the Tales of the Jedi Companion doesn't have the templates, so I'm currently downloading the massive file posted by Hellcat, 101 MB! Whew! Shocked

I forget who exactly it was who posted it originally, think it was RedFreak. Of course since I managed to get most of the sourcebooks it's been a while since I spent a lot of time in the PDF thread.

Wanted Poster
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
you can start with 18D in attribute and add 7D for distribution among your skills. Having looked at a few of the tmeplates in the TotJ Companion, I'd say start with between four and seven skills max for a given attribute and as few as no skills in that attribute if you feel your

So even if the character wouldn't have 18D in attributes to start with they get the 18D?

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in the case of a character that doesn't have 18D to start with in attributes that I'd have to say to add up the total they have in starting attributes and subtract it from 18. Then add the remainder to skill dice as long as it does not go over 10D for skill dice.

Edit: never mind what I just said. If you have a character that get 18D in the total here's a new option. Give them the 18D anyways or subtract what they do get from 18D and split it between both skills and attributes.

Wanted Poster
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite understand what you mean by splitting the difference.

Meaning that for example, a Twi'lek normally would start at 17D for attributes, I think I understand you are saying they now start at 18D for the game, but there's nothing extra for skills then.

I just need a clarification, and an example I think. Smile
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has not been my week.

As for the clarification asked for. Lets say that when you subtracted the total of attributes from 18D you had 4D left over. This could be evenly split between attributes and skills, giving you 2D towards improving both. Or you could break one or more of the dice into pips and maybe go with 2D+2 towards either attributes or skills and the 1D+1 towards the one that you didn't go with. You could again go even and put 1D+2 in both by splitting two dice into pips. Or you could put 3D in one and 1D in the other.

Also, what I said about giving the 18D anyways should have been to give the remaining dice from the difference to the skills after subtracting the difference between 18D and what you get or spliting the difference.

Wanted Poster
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas as to what is a good specialization for Cultures? Besides a specific race?

Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Jedi Council? How about Sith Military?
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Jedi one should do the trick. Thanks Rogue

Du Cass' Dream
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the book says the specializations would be a planet or a social group. A specific race would fit the latter, and the examples they give of specializations are the Alderaan royal family, Corellians, Brentall, Prexian pirates. I'd say the Jedi Order and the Sith could also be seen as social groups as could religous groups, folks in the military historic groups, etc. I think Cultures could cover something fairly large or fairly small.

Wanted Poster
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosk Manglor 72

Republic Security Agent
Male Khommite

Description: This hairless being stands quite impressive at 1.93 metres. With chiseled grey skin showing years of what must be dedication to the physical demands of his career, the khommite has a look of quiet, meticulous demeanor about him. Whether it's his seemingly always neatly pressed uniform, or his pulse wave blaster which seems to be kept brand new with constant polishing, Rosk shows some obvious signs of a desire of perfection.

Dexterity 4D
Pulse Wave Weapons 5D (Pulse Wave Rifle 6D)
Dodge
Melee Combat 5D
Melee Parry

Knowledge 2D
Alien Species
Cultures
Intimidation
Languages
Law Enforcement 3D
Planatary systems
Streetwise

Mechanical 3D
Astrogation (DB-84 Raptor 4D)
Repulsorlift Operations
Sensors
Space Transports 4D (DB-84 Raptor 5D)
Star Fighter Piloting

Perception 3D
Bargain
Command 4D
Hide
Investigation 4D
Persuasion
Search
Sneak

Strength 4D
Brawling 5D
Climbing/Jumping
Stamina
Swimming

Technical 2D
Armor Repair
Pulse Wave Weapon Repair
Computer Programming/Repair
First Aid
Security 3D

Move: 10/12
Size: 1.93 metre
Weight: 104.33 KG
Force Sensitive: No
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 8

Story Factors:
Narrow-Minded: Khommites come from a strict conformist
society, where creativity and free thought are undesirable
qualities. Although this should be role-played, it also gives
any Khommite character a -2D penalty on any skill roll that
requires creative action or long-term planning.

Equipment:Flex-Armor, Pulse Wave Rifle, Pulse Wave Pistol, Stun rod, comlink/PTP link, a med-aid, wide scan binocs

Credits 1000

Background: A family is a thing of the past on Khomm, to the point where Rosk hasn't even heard of a natural birth happening for about a couple generations. Cloning is now the natural way of life for his species. It's with some fair amount of pride that his race has perfected themselves that there is no further genetic possibilities for his people. His "Family", a line of Security Agents, one who has naturally taken over entire stations of Monglor Agents, all cloned off the original. Bred, and designed for security, the training of them begins when they are very young.
When the Republic was looking for continued support for the Galactic Republic Forces, it was only natural the Khomm would help support the galactic community. Rosk Manglor 72, is one of those agents that were selected before he was even born to serve in the Galactic Services. His training was specifically designed to fulfill the needs of the Republic, and as such, where there are Manglor agents in the service, they have suceeded. While Rosk 72 may not be the sole Rosk in the Republic services, that doesn't bother him. It encourages him thatt here are many more making the Republic a safer place.

If this is good, let me know what you think. If this is bad, keep it to yourself Smile
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Idea as to the start date for the game hellcat?

Du Cass' Dream
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had wanted to wait until we had all the character sheets, but even I am wanting to get started. So right now I'm going to say Monday at the earliest. Unless we see some more character sheets before then.

Wanted Poster
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems. I should have my history done by then.

Du Cass' Dream
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: