The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Reduce injury, remain conscious and control pain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Reduce injury, remain conscious and control pain Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Endwyn, IIRC the rules do state that you CAN stack a dark side given force point on top of a regular one. When i get home, i will break out the rule in the book.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't have believed it until I read it in print. That's kinda crazy.
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.

Last edited by Endwyn on Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Page 68 (revised book). "Characters who successfully calls upon the darkside, receive a force point which must be spent immediatly - this is in addition to any other force points spent in the round.
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, here's the ticker: Is it 3*skill, or 2*(2*skill)? Rather...does the DSFP double the bonus of the other force point, or simply act like a force point would normally and give you the amount of dice that a regular Force Point would?
Krapou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's amazing !! Shocked (/me looks at the rulebook in order to believe it Shocked )

I would say that *3 will be enough, don't you think so ? Rolling Eyes Laughing (and so it doesn't multiply the effect of the previous FP)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i have no page number, i do remember reading an example of it, from one of the modules WEG had. Where it said for the baddie,
"If he is threatened by 3 or less opponents, and has already lost 30% of his forces, he will spend 1 of his force points doubling his stats for that round. He spends them until down to 1 opponent or is out. IF there are 4 or more opponents facing him, or has lost 70% or more of his forces, he not only does the above, but also calls on the darkside, thereby quadroupling his stats for that round. This calling the darkside and spenidng a force point, as normal, should only be done for the one round.."

So at least in print, there is a basis for the quadrouple effect.
gollummen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I only have one force using character in my group and he only has 2D in the force skills.

He also have 3 DSPs, but he tries not to use that power because he wants to atone himself (he started the game with 3 DSPs because he is kind of a fallen jedi and in return he could place 2D in force skills instead of the normal 1D).

Anyway, if he uses his DSP power and spends a force point and call upon the dark side he would have (5D*2*2) 20D! Shocked

Ofcourse his character would be lost to the dark side, but it is kind of impressive. If he had the "lightsaber combat" power then he could make an attack with about 24 damage dices!
He could rip through any hull Laughing
Bye, bye star destroyer!

Some GM might say that he cannot destroy the ship unless he is at the reactor core or something, but it is a funny thought anyway....
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the lightsaber / stardestroyer thing, the die cap or bonus dice (which ever you use) should be enough for the difference between character and capitol scales to make the damage less signifigant.

As for the x3 vs. x4 factor discussed above: I was talking to one of my friends about it last night, we've never seen the module that has a basis for x4, and I realy liked what he said. He said he would use x3 normally, but in certain special circumstances where the dark side was really wanting to tempt someone it would offer the x4 effect. So the average person would probably never get offered x4, but the Jedi who desperatly needs to succeed might get offered x4 in the dark side's attemt to corrupt you. It was really just if you called on the dark side for the power it would be x3, if the dark side offered you to FP to lure you in, you'd be offered x4.

Anyways, it seemed to keep the double factors reasonable while having more than enough benifit. I thought it was cool.
That's improbable?
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an example from the SW gamer that shows how they handled the double a double effect. Of course, I still think each GM should handle it the way they feel works best for their game. (Since it's so rare and unique.)

Quote:
The Bracers of Najus (SWG#10, sidebar, page 99)
Model: The Bracers of Najus
Type: Dark Side Artifact
Scale: Character
Cost: Not available for sale
Availability: 4 (Unique)
Game Notes: If worn, the Bracers of Najus double the benefits of any attempts to call upon the Dark Side against a target who is allied with the light side of the Force (ie, against a Force-sensitive opponent who has no Dark Side points). What this means is that any Force points gained by calling on the Dark Side (SWD6, page 152) triple the character's dice pools instead of doubling them. The bracers have no effect if the user's opponent has at least one Dark Side point. In fact, the Dark Side-allied opponent gains any beneficial bonuses if an attempt is made to use the bracers against him.

That's improbable?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Yup. Page 68 (revised book). "Characters who successfully calls upon the darkside, receive a force point which must be spent immediatly - this is in addition to any other force points spent in the round.

Same page, the rules also state that this is treated as a force point in all respects and subject to being used in the same way. Further, the rules clearly state you can only spend 1 force point in a round. So, no you can't stack them. This was already discussed at length in other threads.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which give us a contradiction... Only 1 FP spendable in a round, but DSP wording says it gives one which must be spent, even if already on one that round....
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really a contradiction when all of the rules are taken in context. In other places it states if the force point from trusting to the dark side can not be used, it is lost. The only way a force point could not be used is if one were already in use. Also, there are force powers that require using one (or more) force points, technically in the same round (most of them Dark Side powers) and this is where a FP from trusting to the dark side could be used in the same round as a regular FP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: