The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Operation "Cinder"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Operation "Cinder"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:43 am    Post subject: Operation "Cinder" Reply with quote

Now I have not played Battlefront, but I have seen all the clips of the sentinel droids and the like. Have read up on the effects of the operation etc etc.

However to me it really don't make sense that palpatine would do this, and here is why.

At this time, one can assume that he is reserching his cloning project, his true
after math plan.

In order to to complete his mission he would need the clones he made, he will need a place to make these, outside exagol.
becuse of this destroying the whole will be counter productive to his plan.

However anyone powerful enough, like Gallius Rax, and in the right position would however be able to assume control of the remnant, initate cinder on the claim this is the emperor's orders, then assume command of what is left.

to me the latter seems more "actual" if we look to the story as a whole.
as it would be very hard to have someone to clone, live and reproduce if there is nothing to reproduce with and that due to everhint destroyed in cinder.

therefor I think there is an opening to maybe theorise that maybe operation cinder was actually NOT palapatine's contingency plan, or that the actual operation cinder would have been executed diffently, with possible other targets, had it been really on the old fart's orders.

So what you all think, could someone other than Palaptine actually have lauched operation cinder for their own gain, and thus differently than what Palpatine would have?
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To try and reconcile some of things about Operation Cinder that didn't make sense to me, in my game it was a distraction tactic.
Yes, some of the targets may have had a tactical reason, but some of them didn't (so far as I could see) and so the whole thing was to keep the Allience busy whilst the Emperors chosen people followed his plan to one day reemerge (I called this Operation Ember).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: