The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lurkers and Non-Posting Members
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Lurkers and Non-Posting Members Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep redundant back ups on multiple external drives as well as 2 clouds... I don't own a gun safe...
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject: Rancor Pit website data Reply with quote

At the end of August 2018, Whill wrote:
This year, the Rancor Pit has gotten 5,000 - 7,000 unique visitors per month. They visit 11,000 - 14,000 times per month, visiting 200,000 - 600,000 web pages per month. That's all not counting bots!

At the Rancor Pit in December, there were 6,163 unique visitors. 24,267 visits. 122,920 pages visited. 39,160 of the pages visited were visited by users in the USA. The Rancor Pit is also very popular in France. Again, this is all not counting bots.

The #1 OS used to visit the Pit is Linux. The #1 browser used (by far) is Google Chrome. The site was connected to by direct address, bookmark, or link in email 97.1% of the time. For internet search engine connections to the site, Google was the #1 by far.

The #1 most downloaded document in the Library in December was the Unknown Regions Saga-to-D6 conversion document. Looking back, this is always one of the top documents. I wonder if it's because the sequel trilogy is putting the Unknown Regions on the map, so to speak.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rancor Pit website data Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
The #1 most downloaded document in the Library in December was the Unknown Regions Saga-to-D6 conversion document. Looking back, this is always one of the top documents. I wonder if it's because the sequel trilogy is putting the Unknown Regions on the map, so to speak.

With all that downloading can we legally still call it the 'Unknown Region'? Smile Should we just change the name to Ralph or mark our maps as 'Somewhat Explored' or 'Slightly Known Area'?

CRMcNeill wrote:

I've been keeping mine in a hard drive in a Ziploc bag in my gun safe...

Excellent idea! I also keep a hard drive in my gun safe. Well, in the big one anyway.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Rancor Pit website data Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Whill wrote:

With all that downloading can we legally still call it the 'Unknown Region'? Smile Should we just change the name to Ralph or mark our maps as 'Somewhat Explored' or 'Slightly Known Area'?

The Decreasingly Unknown Regions
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The increasingly inaptly named Unknown Regions?

I think the first comment about that was in the Last Command in the Thrawn Trilogy when they found the holographic map of the galaxy on Wayland.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Rancor Pit website data Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Pel wrote:
Whill wrote:

Whill wrote:
The Decreasingly Unknown Regions

The Casually Acquainted Regions?

Quote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

I've been keeping mine in a hard drive in a Ziploc bag in my gun safe...

Excellent idea! I also keep a hard drive in my gun safe. Well, in the big one anyway.

I can only imagine what the "big" gun safe looks like in Texas.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Rancor Pit website data Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

I can only imagine what the "big" gun safe looks like in Texas.

It's bigger than a breadbox. Very Happy
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Rancor Pit website data Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I really like seeing these stats. Is there any way I could see a screenshot of the more detailed rundown? I'm especially interested in the documents people are downloading.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Whill wrote:

I really like seeing these stats. Is there any way I could see a screenshot of the more detailed rundown? I'm especially interested in the documents people are downloading.

I can probably start providing that monthly this year. Even providing a 2018 year-in-review would be problematic.

It seems that the security upgrade the forum had in November may have greatly reduced interrupted downloads starting in January. Well that or something has simplified the reporting. Interrupted downloads used to be high numbers and I had to actually use a formula with three factors to calculate estimated completed downloads from the partial downloads stats. I only went through the trouble of doing that for bird dog because he always hounds me for Adventure Journal download numbers (pun intended). Partial downloads were still large in December but suddenly in January they have drastically dropped away, which means the other stat of full downloads should be a lot closer to the actual number of completed downloads for each item.

I am reluctant to completely pull the curtain back for all the visitor data and such, but I think I could provide a screenshot of the top 25 downloads per month (with the download #s for each document) since my options are month or year. So on or after February 1st, I'll post the January download stats.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a more than generous offer to those motivated by nothing more than curiosity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: