The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Starting force powers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Starting force powers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snapshot
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Starting force powers Reply with quote

I've seen some discussion on the Rancor Pit about the number of force powers a character has at the start of the game, but not on which powers they can have/take.

How do you normally handle this?
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go by the RAW prereqs?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up to character backstory and GM approval, and if the character has the necessary prerequisite powers.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through the various templates, most of the "original" ones had 1 power pr 1D at atart, but advanced at 1 power pr pip.

I am not sure the rules actually state how many you can have if you spend some of your 7D skills, on the three force skills though.

if this is then 1 pr pip, then you should be fairly well trained fresh out of creation, but at a cost of the rest of the skills. so nit sure exactly how the rules handle it.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
It's up to character backstory and GM approval, and if the character has the necessary prerequisite powers.

This. If he's learned it from a master as part of his backstory, the master controled what he learned.. (IE THE GM).. If he's self taught (like a quixotic jedi), he could pick, but can't learn anything that has pre-reqs..

Mamatried wrote:
Looking through the various templates, most of the "original" ones had 1 power pr 1D at atart, but advanced at 1 power pr pip.

I am not sure the rules actually state how many you can have if you spend some of your 7D skills, on the three force skills though.

if this is then 1 pr pip, then you should be fairly well trained fresh out of creation, but at a cost of the rest of the skills. so nit sure exactly how the rules handle it.

I've always seen it as the 1 point per pip when advancing it as what you get once you've Started gaming, during cha creation i've always defaulted to 1 per D.. So place 2d into control, have 3 powers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: