The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Updating the Ugor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Updating the Ugor Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
The revisions are shaping up from the RAW's blob-like form! ;-)

Thanks, I think its coming along.

Telsij wrote:
- What do the KNO boosts or drops mean then, conceptually?

- With the caveat of not making them better able to negotiate, etc, why not specifically state that the limit of attribute allocation is to improving things the Ugor can physically affect? Limit the bonuses within PER to search, sneak, hide, for example.

- Perhaps even make them devote their malleable attribute dice per skill? (The more I think about it, the more I like that option actually.) So: if you lose that 1D in KNO to give yourself a +1D to a specific skill maybe? Or maybe the 1D shift will allow you to divide it into pips between skills? (Hmmm, working out how to address a STR boost if adopting a per skill approach. Thinking aloud, so pardon loose phrasing.)

I like this idea of redistributing those attribute pips and or dice to a skill or skills with the caveat it be physically rationalized.

Quote:
Special Skills:
Strength skills:
-- Amorphous: Ugor appear as large protozoan-like creatures. They are able to perform basic shapeshifting though doing so is taxing. In an attempt to fit in with other humanoids the Ugor are known to shapeshift into a vaguely humanoid form having two arms, two legs and the approximation of a head. This requires a Moderate skill check every round or revert to their original form. Many Ugor wear a reinforced spacesuit allowing them to approximate humanoid appearance without making a skill check every round.

Ugor can also redistribute a small portion of their attributes as a bonus to skill checks. The player decides how many pips they want to redistribute and from which attributes. Then cross references the table below to figure the task difficulty. If the skill check is successful the character decides which skills these pips are distributed to, with GM approval. This is a full round action and the effect of the pips does not take place until the beginning the Ugor's next round.

The Ugor's redistributed attribute pips may be kept "Up" operating constantly without having to make new amorphous skill rolls every round. This must be announced when the pips are first redistributed. If the skill roll is successful, the power operates continuously until the character reverts to his normal attribute distribution.

If a character is stunned, wounded or worse, the Ugor automatically reverts to its normal attribute distribution.

An Ugor who keeps their attributes redistributed "up" is concentrating to do so and is treated as performing an action for calculating multiple-action penalties.

1-2 Easy (8)
3-4 Moderate (13)
5-6 Difficult (18)

GM Notes:
1. When an Ugor player redistributes attributes, the amount of pips they remove from an attribute is subtracted from all skill connected with that attribute.
2. Skill modifiers from moving attribute pips only affects skills that are made easier by a physical change in the Ugor's anatomy. Ugor may not improve Knowledge skills, interpersonal skills, repair skills, ranged weapon skills, etc. Suggested skills that could recieve a modifier are: Brawling, Brawling Parry, Climbing/Jumping, Search, and Swimming. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but should start as the basis for what is and is not possible to physically modify.

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Updating the Ugor Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
I have a player who wants to play this species in one of my games. After one session I am seeing that some changes are going to have be made.

shootingwomprats wrote:
In fact, in any rewrites I do for alien species, Ugor is an unplayable species. Done, over, screw that.

What about the player you had that wanted to play one? Did he choose another species?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Updating the Ugor Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
What about the player you had that wanted to play one? Did he choose another species?

No he is still playing it. I am thinking of implementing the species changes presented here. If he complains too much, I will ask him to play a different species.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some behind-the-scenes insight from our man, Pablo Hidalgo, on why the spacesuit-clad background character in SOLO was "canonized" as an Ugor:

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/1153826569388843008

Rather than rest it all on only a superficial similarity in the appearance of the WEG characters to the costume in SOLO, the additional deep-cuts he references, (the emblem used on the Solo character's concept art is pulled from the Ubrikkian 9000 Z001 2001 homage in A New Hope and Ugors factors into its write-up in the Mos Eisley Galaxy Guide), does strengthen the basis of this re-canonization — at least for me.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: