The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds(RTS game) Decimator Stats?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds(RTS game) Decimator Stats?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds(RTS game) Decimator Stats? Reply with quote

I'm not confident in my skills to stat something for the game, I'm also lazy, so I was wondering if anyone possibly had stats for the Decimator weapon the Wookiees were building for the Republic on Alaris Prime(Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds(I think that's what it was called)

If they have not been previously done then of course I will gladly do it myself and may share here for critiquing, again not confident in my abilities for creating d6 stats just yet.
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is my own attempt. I think it will work for me but I am still curious what others think about it. There is a bit that I changed because I felt it made a bit more sense, the vehicle was created for an RTS computer game.

Decimator-Class War Machine
Craft: Decimator Superweapon (*1)
Type:Prototype Artillery Superweapon
Scale: Walker
Length: ~15 meters(*2)
Skill: Repulsorlift Operation: Decimator{Name}
Crew: 2, 1 gunner; Skeleton 1,+10
Crew Skill: 4d
Passengers: 10
Cargo Capacity: Minimal
Cover: Full
Cost: Not available for sale
Maneuverability: 0d
Move: 8
Altitude Range: up to 2 meters
Body: 5d
Shields: 4d
Weapons:(*3)
Heavy Turbolaser
Fire Arc: Front
Crew: 1
Skill: Vehicle Blasters
Fire Control: 3d
Range: 50-500m/1km/3km
Damage: 8d
Rate of Fire: 1/3

*1- Other than Wookiees there is little information about who made the weapon. It is kind of a prototype so technically no one has made them yet.

*2- I can find very little information about its size other than "...comparable in size, armor, and firepower to the largest Republic vehicles..." so I made it slightly bigger than an AT-TE because it can hold a few troops and has to house the weapon somewhere(it's a turbolaser that can't be small!)

*3- This is where I am most unsure of myself. The weapon is supposed to be SUPER powerful, I'm just not sure what exactly that is in a mechanical sense.

Edits: Taking garhkal's advice and going to 1 attack/3 rounds but raising the damage by 1 die(to 8D)

Also changing passengers back to 10 because after further research I have found that a squad of Clones is apparently 9 troopers not 8.

Last edited by Jerrod Owex on Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the wookiepedia's description of it having a slow rate of fire (to recharge), i'd think the fire rate should be 1 shot/3 rounds..
Jerrod Owex
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I set it at 1 every other round but was thinking about 1 every 3, its something that needs play tested but unfortunately I don't really have a way to play test it.

I'm also pretty sure I noted RoF in my original work-up of the stats but must have missed it here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: