The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Remastered Star Wars Soundtracks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Remastered Star Wars Soundtracks Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated my playlist for ESB. It is still just all from the 1993 Anthology except where noted. This release is still the best-sounding to my ears—powerful and clean and not too loud; you can hear the color of the individual instruments. Unlike SW, I didn’t feel a need to reorder the tracks, since it is almost entirely in film order (tracks 16 and 20 contain cues from other scenes in the film, but it’s really nothing jarring). I put the concert arrangements before the beginning, which has become my preferred way of listening to all of these scores.

01 The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme)
02 Yoda's Theme
03 Han Solo and the Princess (Concert)*

04 Twentieth Century Fox Fanfare with CinemaScope Extension (Alfred Newman, 1954)
05 Main Title / The Imperial Probe
06 Luke's Escape
07 Luke's Rescue
08 Drawing the Battle Lines / Leia's Instructions
09 The Battle In the Snow
10 Luke's First Crash
11 The Rebels Escape Again
12 The Asteroid Field
13 Crash Landing
14 Han Solo and the Princess
15 This Is Not a Cave**
16 The Training of a Jedi Knight
17 The Magic Tree
18 Attack Position
19 Yoda and the Force
20 City in the Clouds
21 Lando's Palace
22 Carbon Freeze / Luke Pursues the Captives / Departure of Boba Fett
23 The Duel
24 Losing a Hand
25 Hyperspace
26 Finale / End Credits

* - For “Han Solo and the Princess” there is the regular film cue which is in main listening order; then there is a greatly expanded concert piece which I considered essential. I purchased this track from the Gerhardt album and added to my list.

** - “This Is Not a Cave” is the only cue which was on the OST that was missing from the 1993 Anthology. You can find it on the OST tacked on to the end of the first track (starting at about the 3:38 mark). Therefore I purchased that track, snipped it out and placed it in the order. Not only is this a great track, but it provides some balance to the score. Without it, I think “Crash Landing” through “The Magic Tree” is a bit of a long stretch without a nice uptempo action cue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: