The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Super Star Destroyer in Atmosphere
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Super Star Destroyer in Atmosphere
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Super Star Destroyer in Atmosphere Reply with quote

I know this sounds totally overboard, but I wonder why the executor do not have atmosphere speed at at least a minimum, given the story of the

Lusankya, it was built into the surface of coruscant, and launched, though at the cost of much devastation and millions killed.

Given this could actually take off from a planet surface makes me think it can at least physically enter atmospheres, but it may naturally not land, and I doubt due to size hover like the "normal" star destroyers.

Was this an anomaly or is any ship capable of emergency atmosphere travel for landing/hovering etc. Emergency naturally.
Argentsaber
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lusankya had a one time use series of repulsorlifts and launch thrusters built into it's cradle. Once launched, it was not capable of going back into an atmosphere, and even on the way out there was no control.. it was basically just enough to get "up and out" really. That said, it's reasonable to presume that the ship's powerful turbolasers could easily fire on the surface from low orbit at least.. and if three Imperial class ships can basically glass a planet given a free lunch hour, one of these bad boys has more than enough firepower to do it solo I'm certain.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentsaber wrote:
Lusankya had a one time use series of repulsorlifts and launch thrusters built into it's cradle. Once launched, it was not capable of going back into an atmosphere, and even on the way out there was no control.. it was basically just enough to get "up and out" really. That said, it's reasonable to presume that the ship's powerful turbolasers could easily fire on the surface from low orbit at least.. and if three Imperial class ships can basically glass a planet given a free lunch hour, one of these bad boys has more than enough firepower to do it solo I'm certain.

The thrusters things makes a lot of sense.
And yes the Lusankya destroyers or rater vaporized 200+ square kilometrs killing millions it said.

I never imagines these ships being capable to go back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: