The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Hunter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Hunter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: The Hunter Reply with quote

I was reading the entry in the Sourcebook about Probe Droids, and I got this picture in my head....

It's world where the law is strict. No blasters allowed. The Empire has begun pissing off the world's population, and word goes out. There's a meeting. (Whisper) Rebellion.

The PCs meet several others at a lobby in a spaceport hotel. It's the third port--not the main port on the world. Mostly commercial traffic--not civilian.

The room is large. A dining room. Glass walls. Long bar. Serving droids moving through the groups of people. Through the glass is a garden and pool.

This the the start of a game. The PCs are residents on this world, and they've decided to check out what this Rebellion is all about. After all, the Death Star has just been destroyed.

At the ballroom/dining room, the citizens speak in code. But, unknown to all, they have been deceived.

CRASH!

A military Probe Droid swoops down from the sky, across the pool, and through the glass wall. There is no hesitation. It begins killing any being it detects.

What do the players want to do?

If they run to the front, they will see a combat car disgorging stormtroopers. The trooper spread out and cover the front and soon are at the sides. The troopers wait, though. An assassin droid on treads breaks down the front door, sandwiching the would-be Rebels with the Probe Droid.

With no weapons, blaster blots flying, and people dying to the right and left, the conclusion may be made by the unarmed PCs that it's time to run.

Outside they go--out the back! Past the pool. Through the garden. Over the fence. Into the rocky sand and beyond, towards the mountains.

The Probe-Droid rapidly pursues.

The adventure begins in earnest. It's about a running gun fight, if the PCs can find guns, between a few probots and the PCs, running for their lives, at night, across the desert.

That's sounds like a lot of fun to me. And, it's a neat idea for a first game in a campaign.

Like a pack on hungry wolves, the PCs are chased/hunted. If the PCs stop, then they know that will be their death.

Brand new PCs vs. one or a couple of Probe Droids.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly sounds like a fun intro adventure..
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option would be to start a new game in media res, as we are encouraged to do in the core rulebook.

Start off with a bang--the player characters, piloting starfighters, in a huge fight against TIEs.

Overwhelm them. A second Star Destroyer exits hyperspace. Oh my! Let the PCs use Force Points to protect them as their ships crash onto the surface of the uninhabited planet.

Then, the Star Destroyers fire pods at the world. Ploo, ploo, ploo!

They smack into the world's surface like a hard meteorite. Then, rising from the smoke is the black, spider like probe droid.

Bah-diddel-lee-did-dit. Bah-diddle-did-dit. Bwah-didel-dit.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Another option would be to start a new game in media res, as we are encouraged to do in the core rulebook.

Elan of the Order of the Stick wrote:
Awww man, I hate it when a scene begins "in media res"! I never know what's going on until like two strips later!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: