The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Atmosphere
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Atmosphere
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Atmosphere Reply with quote

Anoat, once a world poisoned by the Empire, still has influential citizens on Bespin... citizens whose mercantile might is enough to warrant some deference from Governor Adelhard in the wake of the Imperial collapse and the Iron Blockade. Chief among these citizens is Cincinatus Orbastra, scion of a noble house and environmental engineer. Inspired by the historical restorations of Taris and Telos, Cincinatus Orbastra suggests a bold plan to cleanse Anoat of its poisons: Siphon the atmosphere completely from the planet, and replace it with the atmosphere of nearby, and officially deserted, Hoth.

The plan is bold, yet deemed feasible. Using the ice of the planet Hoth, two enormous, 1000 kilometer in diameter spheres would be created; one above Hoth, the other above Anoat. The atmospheres of both planets would then be siphoned into the ice spheres, and Hoth's clear air towed, through hyperspace, to be placed on its new planets, with the ice of Hoth contributing the hydrosphere of the newly revitalized Anoat. The poisoned air of Anoat will be simply discarded... why haul an ice box full of poison to place on a nothing world? While this plan will cause a near-total loss of life on both planets, it will leave Anoat ripe for resettlement... with Governor-General Adelhard and Cincinatus Orbastra as the chief beneficiaries of the new world.

When this plan comes to light, it will be vehemently opposed by several factions. The Anoat Sector Rebellion, cut off from the galaxy by the Iron Blockade, still uses Hoth as a waystation and salvage yard, as do many smugglers and more legitimate businessmen. Furthermore, anything that damages Adelhard's regime is good for the rebellion, and so teams will be sent out to hinder the creation of the Ice Spheres, and to damage the pumps that will be necessary to turn the planets into giant vacuums. If this plan succeeds, what too could it mean for the galaxy, where one world may be robbed of its very breath so another might flourish? What other worlds, deemed "undesireable", would have their atmosphere stolen to create a biosphere on some Imperial or corporate rock?

Orbastra must be stopped.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Atmosphere Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Anoat, once a world poisoned by the Empire, still has influential citizens on Bespin... citizens whose mercantile might is enough to warrant some deference from Governor Adelhard in the wake of the Imperial collapse and the Iron Blockade. Chief among these citizens is Cincinatus Orbastra, scion of a noble house and environmental engineer. Inspired by the historical restorations of Taris and Telos, Cincinatus Orbastra suggests a bold plan to cleanse Anoat of its poisons: Siphon the atmosphere completely from the planet, and replace it with the atmosphere of nearby, and officially deserted, Hoth.

The plan is bold, yet deemed feasible. Using the ice of the planet Hoth, two enormous, 1000 kilometer in diameter spheres would be created; one above Hoth, the other above Anoat. The atmospheres of both planets would then be siphoned into the ice spheres, and Hoth's clear air towed, through hyperspace, to be placed on its new planets, with the ice of Hoth contributing the hydrosphere of the newly revitalized Anoat. The poisoned air of Anoat will be simply discarded... why haul an ice box full of poison to place on a nothing world? While this plan will cause a near-total loss of life on both planets, it will leave Anoat ripe for resettlement... with Governor-General Adelhard and Cincinatus Orbastra as the chief beneficiaries of the new world.

When this plan comes to light, it will be vehemently opposed by several factions. The Anoat Sector Rebellion, cut off from the galaxy by the Iron Blockade, still uses Hoth as a waystation and salvage yard, as do many smugglers and more legitimate businessmen. Furthermore, anything that damages Adelhard's regime is good for the rebellion, and so teams will be sent out to hinder the creation of the Ice Spheres, and to damage the pumps that will be necessary to turn the planets into giant vacuums. If this plan succeeds, what too could it mean for the galaxy, where one world may be robbed of its very breath so another might flourish? What other worlds, deemed "undesireable", would have their atmosphere stolen to create a biosphere on some Imperial or corporate rock?

Orbastra must be stopped.

I smell a super weapon.

The Atmosphere Sucker, it takes away all life and spits it out else where!
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Atmosphere Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:

I smell a super weapon.

I like Superweapons, to be honest. They're part of the essence of Star Wars. I think it's important to never eclipse the Death Star, though.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Atmosphere Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

I smell a super weapon.

I like Superweapons, to be honest. They're part of the essence of Star Wars. I think it's important to never eclipse the Death Star, though.

Destroying or rather vaporizing a planet is to me silly, is better to keep it livable but destroy all life.
I think most of the bioweapons is much more dangerous then a fleet of death stars.
Not to mention the ultimate weapon of weapons....not even a weapon the star forge
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am disappointed that none of you noticed the source of this. Wink
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed. Laughing

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
I noticed. Laughing

Is that from Spaceballs? It looks like it's from Spaceballs. I can't really tell because for reasons beyond my understanding, every single time I watched Spaceballs, circumstances always conspired to keep me from watching the whole thing and I always wound up watching the last 20 minutes of the movie. Every. Single. Time.

I can't explain it.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Is that from Spaceballs?

Yup. It's MegaMaid, the transformed Spaceball One star dreadnaught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: