The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Foreign Legion in Star Wars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Foreign Legion in Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Foreign Legion in Star Wars Reply with quote

I was thinking of Thrawn's Empire of the Hand, how Aliens were allowed with the ranks, especially the stormtrooper corps, and most likely at least parts of the officer corps as well.

Could this be something the empire under palpatine would allow, maybe a moff decides to enlist local into "his" forces.

The Empire is/was racist but there was aliens that did support them, and I really can not see why in such a huge empire something like a foreign legion type unit would be unheard off.

A unit like that, consisting of both human and near human alien, maybe even some humanoid, but more exotic ones as well would be a powerful weapon for the empire to use against the rebels, as something like that would be the last thing the rebels would expect.

A unit like this could also be made up of prisoners, and criminals from all over, as an alternative to captivity and the possibility to even gain rank, power and position, maybe being classified as fully human, or have criminal records deleted, become imperial citizen and gain rights etc etc

Any thoughts on something like this?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Foreign Legion in Star Wars Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I was thinking of Thrawn's Empire of the Hand, how Aliens were allowed with the ranks, especially the stormtrooper corps, and most likely at least parts of the officer corps as well.

Could this be something the empire under palpatine would allow, maybe a moff decides to enlist local into "his" forces.

The Empire is/was racist but there was aliens that did support them, and I really can not see why in such a huge empire something like a foreign legion type unit would be unheard off.

A unit like that, consisting of both human and near human alien, maybe even some humanoid, but more exotic ones as well would be a powerful weapon for the empire to use against the rebels, as something like that would be the last thing the rebels would expect.

A unit like this could also be made up of prisoners, and criminals from all over, as an alternative to captivity and the possibility to even gain rank, power and position, maybe being classified as fully human, or have criminal records deleted, become imperial citizen and gain rights etc etc

I've done that on occasion. Had one local system's moff have over 300 troops on his own payroll, all aliens, all former slaves/prisoners who were serving out of loyalty to gain not just THEIR freedom, but those of their family..

Really threw a wrench into the force sensitive rebels plans to just 'slaughter everyone'..
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Foreign Legion in Star Wars Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

I've done that on occasion. Had one local system's moff have over 300 troops on his own payroll, all aliens, all former slaves/prisoners who were serving out of loyalty to gain not just THEIR freedom, but those of their family..

Really threw a wrench into the force sensitive rebels plans to just 'slaughter everyone'..

Exactly my point too....it will sort of alter a few "default" pans indeed.

btw in that game was the empire or the rebel terrorists the heroes?
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the Hutt armies, when the Hutts had armies.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though it is Fanon, the Penal Batallions might be what you're after. Or rather, it is easily modified into something that fits the sensibilities of the New Order. http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/21st_Penal_Battalion

It would also be possible to subvert a Mandalorian clan to become a cadre used to train what would essentially be a Foreign Legion - sort of like how the Mandalorian culture was used to give the Clone Army its culture. You might get something like brainwashing sessions aimed at "unlocking your true Mandalorian" to a much greater extent than what would be used in any bootcamp - possibly aided by drugs, technology, and perhaps even Force powers.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome !
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Foreign Legion in Star Wars Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:

To the locals, they saw the 'rebels' as terrorists, and the empire as the heroes.. as that 'all alien' Legion had knocked down a # of pirate and slaver bases, had worked to repair several cities after natural disasters (or so the locals thought of 3 of them, they actually were caused by imperials testing out new weaponry, then they sent in the legion to help do repairs, but also helped hide the truth). So the rebel pcs, had double duty, trying to fight both the propaganda AND the troops.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Foreign Legion in Star Wars Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

To the locals, they saw the 'rebels' as terrorists, and the empire as the heroes.. as that 'all alien' Legion had knocked down a # of pirate and slaver bases, had worked to repair several cities after natural disasters (or so the locals thought of 3 of them, they actually were caused by imperials testing out new weaponry, then they sent in the legion to help do repairs, but also helped hide the truth). So the rebel pcs, had double duty, trying to fight both the propaganda AND the troops.

Cool
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something I came up with as part of my COMPNOR expansion write-up. In particular, look at Rehabilitation and Auxiliary branches, at the bottom of the linked post.

Link.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Here's something I came up with as part of my COMPNOR expansion write-up. In particular, look at Rehabilitation and Auxiliary branches, at the bottom of the linked post.

Link.

NICE write up.
I think I will read more of it and use them , thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: