The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi Padawan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Jedi Padawan
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastor04
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Jedi Padawan Reply with quote

I am not sure this is the right place to post this so forgive me if I am wrong. I have not played this game yet I have just looked over the rules. Lets say I wanted to run a game where the players were padawans during the Clone Wars. How would you make a Padawan in this system? Rules as written it doesn't really seem possible to make a starting character than can wield a lightsaber and maybe a few force abilities even at an amateur level.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Jedi Padawan Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:
I am not sure this is the right place to post this so forgive me if I am wrong. I have not played this game yet I have just looked over the rules. Lets say I wanted to run a game where the players were padawans during the Clone Wars. How would you make a Padawan in this system? Rules as written it doesn't really seem possible to make a starting character than can wield a lightsaber and maybe a few force abilities even at an amateur level.

Very easy. The Force character templates (most of them) are not Jedi characters. They are limited.

Start them at 1D in the three Force skills, and watch them grow.

Use the write-ups for Luke at the various stages (Ep IV, Ep V, Ep VI, and beyond) as a gauge.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEX 2D
STR 2D
KNO 2D
PER 2D
TEC 2D
MEC 2D

This is the basis of a character before you place the 6D extra for heroic characters.
The three force skills count against these 6D until either of them reach 1D.

DEX 3D
STR 2D+2
KNO 2D
PER 3D
TEC 2D+1
MEC 2D

CON 1D
SEN 1D
ALT 1D

I have now placed the 6D, including 1D to each force skill.
Note that by default you have the attribute D in all skill connected to the attribute.

Next you place 7D to skills.
Again not the skill starts with the same D as your attribute.

DEX 3D
Blaster
Brawling Parry
Dodge
Lightsaber 5D
Melee Combat
Melee Parry
STR 2D+2
Brawling 3D+2
Climbing/Jumping
Stamina 4D+2
KNO 2D

PER 3D
Con
Gamble
Hide
Persuasion
Sneak
TEC 2D+1
MEC 2D

CON 1D+1
SEN 1D+2
ALT 1D

Force Powers(6):
Lightsaber Combat, Enhance Attribute, Sense Force, Life Sense, Telekinesis.

This now allows you 1 force power for the first 1D to a force skill, for a total of 3.
If the force power is listed with more than one force skill, like control & sense for lightsaber combat, then it counts as 2 force powers to learn.
One additional force power is learned per pip.

Only the first 1D in Control, sense and Alter counts towards the 6D to attributes., when you have 1D in these( either of them) you now increase these as if they were skills, and can use the 7D to skills in doing this.
This is a very very basic padawan maybe even a youngling, with lghtsaber abilities.

Depending on how you decide to stat out character and how you play it you can actually start out with a 3D to all three force skills, and a 4D to lightsaber, maybe even a 5D, awith the force powers to match, but what I did bove was a more or less very average one

Hope this helps
Alastor04
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can characters with 1D+1 and 1D+2 really use Lightsaber combat? The easy roll maybe but how would they do the moderate one?
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:
Can characters with 1D+1 and 1D+2 really use Lightsaber combat? The easy roll maybe but how would they do the moderate one?

Anyone with the skill Lightsaber can use a lightsaber in combat.
The forcepower lightsaber combat is for the jedi to be jedi and do jedi stuff while doing so.

So without this power it is a 5D energy sword.

So with the 1D+1 and 1D+2 you could be able to add the bonuses yes.
the difficulty depending on what you do with the power can be a bit hard (moderate) but a cp, the character generally starts with 10, would solve this if need be.

But to use the lightsaber an have no added bonuses is skill alone and anyone can actually do this, using their DEX attribute for the default if the skill is not trained
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled all the rules for creating and running a force strong character in this thread.

Mamatried is giving you examples. You get to assign the dice where you think they fit best, both attribute and skill dice.

Read over the force skills, and the force powers. Talk with your GM about what powers you want to start with. Your master decides which powers you start with, but your master is an NPC controlled by the GM, so it's his call. Or hers. But talk it over with them and put together something you want to play and that they think will work in the game.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mamatried

All I have to say, to add to what I said above, is...

Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my mama said. Wink
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mamma said gators are onry cause dey gotz all dem teeth, but no tooth brush!! Wink
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Jedi Padawan Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:
I am not sure this is the right place to post this so forgive me if I am wrong...

You are forgiven. House Rules is discussing tweaks or changes to official rules, and you seemed to be asking how to make a Jedi Padawan using the Official Rules. This topic could be appropriate in Official Rules or Characters. I moved it to Characters because of the character focus of the question.

In general, just read the descriptions and pick one that's appropriate. It's also a best practice to Search for existing threads on the same topic before creating a new one. Thanks.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:

Your instincts are correct. A force skill at lower than 3D or 4D is close to useless. With less than 3D in Control and Sense, after MAPs are factored in, using LSC would actually leave the Jedi worse off than if he did not use the power at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: