The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Updated "Rank" System
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Updated "Rank" System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where my talents lie, and there isn’t much in the way of pretentious titles for Engineers.

I had considered Fabricator-General, but that’s a Warhammer 40K title, not Star Wars.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Designer-General, perhaps?

Hey, Whill, is it too late to change?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Designer-General, perhaps?

Hey, Whill, is it too late to change?

I think Director of Engineering is better. And you get to change at 20000 posts. Cool
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
jmanski wrote:
I think the custom rank title is a nice little bonus for the long-tenured (or is it long-winded? Very Happy )

The correct answer is “Yes.”

The first two custom rank titles have been approved and implemented.

garhkal = Sovereign Protector
CRMcNeill = Director of Engineering

Thanks for all your time and love of the game.

THat certainly is fitting for the stats man!!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
No, you were a Line Captain before.

I'm just a lowly line captain - but I have been here forever it seems... well for a very long time. I remember Volar, and Gry, and Scrawprin, and even Loc Taal - and being involved in discussions with them way back.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just goes to show that post number isn't everything. It's really good to see that we still have some of the old guard around.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D6 Star Wars very quickly became one of my favorite games in the 80's and will always have my love. I have wanted to try to get back into RPGs once I have time again, and it will likely either be a D6 game based on the core SW rules, or a mish-mash Palladium Game based loosely on material from Rifts (think Starship Troopers using the Xiticix Invasion book and transforming Motorcycles).
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
D6 Star Wars very quickly became one of my favorite games in the 80's and will always have my love. I have wanted to try to get back into RPGs once I have time again, and it will likely either be a D6 game based on the core SW rules, or a mish-mash Palladium Game based loosely on material from Rifts (think Starship Troopers using the Xiticix Invasion book and transforming Motorcycles).

Kage, with as long as you've been around, perhaps you could get a custom title.. Change out Commodore for "AMIGIA, or Comodore-64!!"
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
D6 Star Wars very quickly became one of my favorite games in the 80's and will always have my love. I have wanted to try to get back into RPGs once I have time again...

Well... Roll20 has some pretty good options if you're wanting to run something in D6. The character sheets they have on the site are pretty good at dealing with my needs in my game. Generally I prefer face to face gaming, but Roll20 has made it work.

If you're wanting to get back into it, there's at least a medium for it.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
I'm just a lowly line captain - but I have been here forever it seems... well for a very long time. I remember Volar, and Gry, and Scrawprin, and even Loc Taal - and being involved in discussions with them way back.

Welcome back, KageRyu! Today you hit 1000 posts and got promoted from Line Captain to Commodore.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Kage, with as long as you've been around, perhaps you could get a custom title.. Change out Commodore for "AMIGIA, or Comodore-64!!"

Commodore-64, I like that. That was mt first computer and I loved it. The custom title would be up to Whill I think.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Commodore-64, I like that. That was mt first computer and I loved it. The custom title would be up to Whill I think.

My first PC, was also a commodore 64.. LOVED playing Rambo 2, Gauntlet, 1942, Ghost busters (i still play it these days, on my C64 emulator i downloaded), City of gold (that doesn't run these days on the emulator, pity), Uridium and Zoids.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
garhkal wrote:

KageRyu, you are a Rancor Pit old timer (2005), and I do appreciate that you are able to come around. The only members with custom rank titles are current and former staff, members with 10000 or more posts, and Volar the Healer who was given a special rank by Loc Taal, the original owner of the Pit. I couldn't find a documented reason, but Volar was one of the first few people to register for this forum back in 2003. Loc Taal, Volar, and Ray are the only other 2003-05 users that have posted here in the last three years.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I understand. 2005? Has it really been so long? I had so much I was trying to do back then, including get over some very deep personal losses and injustices that wounded me greatly. In 2006 My Star Wars game was going strong, I was writing and play testing tons of new D6 material I was hoping to publish under the open license... I was getting in arguments on the official WEG forums... feels like a lifetime ago.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Wanders Around Swinging My Cane Complaining About Kids Today*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: