The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Solo: A Star Wars Story (original speculation thread)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Solo: A Star Wars Story (original speculation thread) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6XERmXsP-U

The Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs, confirmed by Ron Howard to be in Solo! And this whole video is funny.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: SOLO TICKETS ON SALE NOW! Reply with quote

SOLO TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Last night they quietly went on sale like a Sith lord in the night. Of course, I just found out about it. Of course, my theaters of choice was already sold out for the Thursday night premier (5/24) so I fandangoed over to a formerly second-run local theater that recently upgraded to first-run, and they had plenty of good seats, so my party of 7 is in!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought my ticket for Friday May 25. It's the 3D show at the Uptown, so it should be a blast!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at a place in life where I can request time off from work just to catch the midnight showing of the next Star Wars film. I'll most likely just catch an early bird matinee on a day I happen to be in town.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
I'm not at a place in life where I can request time off from work just to catch the midnight showing of the next Star Wars film. I'll most likely just catch an early bird matinee on a day I happen to be in town.

I understand what you mean with the nature of your work, but FYI the "midnight showings" have now been backed up to 7:00pm for a few years now. So in the old days the movie could not start before 12:01am of the release date, but now we can have an official release date of Friday 5/25 but showings start Thursday 5/24 at 7:00pm, at least in the Eastern time zone. This is an important distinction for me because the prequels all came out when I could take off work and had no family at home, yet I still refused to go to any midnight showings. I just took the release day off work and saw a morning show. There was no one there who had seen in the night before so I was still safe from spoilers. In fact my first viewings of the prequels at 10:30am showings weren't even sold out, and RotS only had a handful of other people in my showing.

I'm a night person by nature, but at no point in my life have I ever wanted to start watching a movie at midnight, even at home. So I love that I can see the films at 7:00pm on a Thursday, no later than anyone else in America, and not be spoiled. Especially now that I have a Star Wars website and I want to protect others from spoilers.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Especially now that I have a Star Wars website and I want to protect others from spoilers.

We salute you for your vigilance, sir. 8) Very Happy
Whill

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
Especially now that I have a Star Wars website and I want to protect others from spoilers.

Indeed.

Guys, be careful what you post now because now a bunch of media people have seen the movie at the red carpet premier, so seeming speculation can in some cases be somewhat based on actual views of the film.

Here is the Solo Spoiler Policy. FYI.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:

Indeed.

Guys, be careful what you post now because now a bunch of media people have seen the movie at the red carpet premier, so seeming speculation can in some cases be somewhat based on actual views of the film.

My partner just saw the movie and IMMEDIATELY started telling me spoilers. They were all like, "no, thats not a spoiler. It was just a dumb detail that didn't matter." It ALL MATTERS! I have been betrayed.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:
Whill wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:

Indeed.

My partner just saw the movie and IMMEDIATELY started telling me spoilers. They were all like, "no, thats not a spoiler. It was just a dumb detail that didn't matter." It ALL MATTERS! I have been betrayed.

I'm sorry to read that!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:

Ouch. There's only one way to deal with betrayal.

*ignites lightsaber*
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Leona Makk wrote:

Ouch. There's only one way to deal with betrayal.

*ignites lightsaber*

Twisted Evil I am gonna say I would NOT get a Dark Side Point for that one.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: When will you see Solo? Reply with quote

When will you see Solo? A few of you have chimed in. I'm probably too excited for Star Wars's return to May, and a prequel film featuring my overall favorite Star Wars character and favorite SW alien character.

I've got a 7:00 pm EST showing. I will come home from that and post the single "spoilers allowed" thread (should be around 10:00 pm EST). I was just wondering when to expect others here might begin talk about the film.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to see if my best friend from High School wants to go see it this weekend.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to discuss it with my wife. But, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to see it some time this weekend. The first show here is 7pm tomorrow, but I have a feeling that the theater will be packed.
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday night. It’s not my style to go on opening night, but, my wife arranged babysitters, so, we’re going! I admit it’s a good idea, though. I’m fairly certain this won’t be a love-hate affair like TLJ, but rather a competent and likable flick. Getting swept up in the crowd’s excitement can only help my enjoyment!

Hoping to possibly get a chance to listen to the score beforehand. The album drops the day of the film release, so, maybe at least on the car ride to the theater? John Williams is conducting his new Han Solo theme tonight in Boston, so maybe that will leak soon……
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: