The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TIE Fighter Remastered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> TIE Fighter Remastered.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: TIE Fighter Remastered. Reply with quote

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9GRYa_3gno

It'll probably bring back some memories. And, it's pretty cool, too.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:

I moved this from Other Star Wars Games to General Star Wars. Yeah, I had forgot all about the original until I saw the remaster. I enjoyed it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:

I moved this from Other Star Wars Games to General Star Wars. Yeah, I had forgot all about the original until I saw the remaster. I enjoyed it.

Why'd you move it, just out of curiosity? Bored? Isn't it about a Star Wars PC game, ultimately?
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Why'd you move it, just out of curiosity? Bored? Isn't it about a Star Wars PC game, ultimately?

No, I don't just move things out of boredom. I moved it because it is a Star Wars fan film video. You didn't even mention the game (I thought your "memories" comment was in reference to the original form of the video since this is a "remaster".) Was the video a tribute to a game? But even if so, isn't this still just a Star Wars video inspired by a game but still functions as Star Wars fan film entertainment in of itself? I've never played the game and I'm not a fan of anime, but I still enjoyed it for what it is.

However, if the video is relevant to a Star Wars game it's not a big deal to me to which forum it is in. Is it important to you which General forum it's in? I ask because you imply that I may be nonchalant about this site as if it were subject to my petty whims of the moment, yet state you only ask out of mere curiosity. Other Star Wars fan films are posted in General Star Wars, but please let me know if you would like this one moved back to the forum where Other Star Wars Games are discussed.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boredom comment was a jest!

The mention of the game is in the topic title! 8)

And, wherever you think it goes is A-OK with me.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
The mention of the game is in the topic title!

This is obviously a Star Wars fan film. The name of thread title is also the name of the video on YouTube. There is no reference to a game in the title or OP of this thread, and there is also no reference to the game on the YouTube video page. Your comment presumes we would all have heard of the Tie Fighter game and that this video is a tribute to it. I thought it was a fan video called Tie Fighter because it has Tie Fighters in the battle and the video focuses on the Imperial point of view. I do appreciate you educating me on the connection because I had no idea. I just thought it was a cool fan film named Tie Fighter.

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
And, wherever you think it goes is A-OK with me.

OK then, we'll leave it with the other fan films.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never played TIE FIGHTER!

Wow.

Well...neither did I. LOL!

I played the heck out of X-Wing, though. Loved that game. And, Tie Fighter is an expansion for that original PC space simulator.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tie Fighter was THE game to have

.....in 1997...
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even buy my first computer until 2002, and I've never been much of a video gamer since the Atari age. Although for Christmas my son got Lego Avengers for his Xbox One and I have been playing that with him here and there. We have fun with it. My son plays a couple of Star Wars starfighter combat games on a tablet, but I can't even remember what they are.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some preliminary work done between shootingwomprats and myself as to making a TIE Fighter Sourcebook. I worked on the technical aspects, specifically the Swarm Missile Launcher on the TIE Bomber and the missile trick used by the Interdictor (my theory is either jamming the missile fire control, causing them to lose their lock on, or tractor beams set to wide angle to push the missiles away). The project fizzled out, and I folded the Swarm Launcher into my stats for the TIE Bomber, with the missile trick tentatively included in Electronic Warfare rules.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought someone had remastered the old Tie Fighter video game. (I think there is at least one "upgraded" version of the Tie Fighter video game out there but I haven't seen nor played it yet.)

I remember seeing the first version of this fan film when it had cheesy rock music and no voice acting instead of the Star Wars music in this version. I definitely prefer this later version.

And being able to read Aurebesh (albeit one letter at a time) helps with the enjoyment of this fan film. Inhibitor is such a great name for an Interdictor cruiser.
Solo4114
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought someone had remastered the old Tie Fighter video game. (I think there is at least one "upgraded" version of the Tie Fighter video game out there but I haven't seen nor played it yet.)

I remember seeing the first version of this fan film when it had cheesy rock music and no voice acting instead of the Star Wars music in this version. I definitely prefer this later version.

And being able to read Aurebesh (albeit one letter at a time) helps with the enjoyment of this fan film. Inhibitor is such a great name for an Interdictor cruiser.

The "upgraded" version is the one that came out in '98, I think. Basically, they "ported" X-Wing and Tie Fighter over to the XvT or XWA engine. It lost many of the nice touches from the CD versions, though.

Like, the take off and landing sequences were just the generic flyby of your specific ship type. You no longer got to see how beat-up your ship was when you came back from a mission. You didn't have separate pilots you could assign who would get smarter/better over time. And they got rid of the iMuse music and replaced it with redbook CD audio, which at least the last time I tried to run it, no longer works.

If you buy the games through GOG, though, I think they have all of the versions: CD-Rom and updated (not floppy disc, though, I don't think).
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was pretty cool Smile Great use of the Imperial March theme from Rogue One.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: