The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rogue One Stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Rogue One Stats Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Rogue One Stats Reply with quote

So, there still isn't a whole lot of information to go on here, even a year later. But I'm at least prepared to make some guesses...

Zeta-Class Cargo Shuttle

Craft: Seinar Fleet Systems' Zeta-Class
Type: Armed Cargo Shuttle
Scale: Starship (+6D)
Length: 35.5 meters
Skill: Starship Piloting: Zeta-Class
Crew: 2 (can coordinate, 1 @ +10) & 3 Gunners
Crew Skill:
Astrogation 4D
Gunnery 5D
Piloting 5D
Sensors 4D
Shields 4D
Transport Capacity: 200 metric tons (in detachable cargo pod), or up to 40 passengers (1 per 5 tons of cargo)
Consumables: 2 months
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x2
Hyperdrive Backup: x10
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 0D
Space: 3 (1D+2)
Atmosphere: 260; 750 kph
Hull: 4D
Shields: 1D
Sensors:
Passive 10/0D
Scan 20/1D
Search 40/2D
Focus 2/3D
Weapons:
2 Dual Laser Cannon (Fire-Linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Crew: 1 (Pilot or Co-Pilot)
Skill: Starship Gunnery
Fire Control: 3D
Range:
--Space: 1-3/12/25
--Orbital: 2km-6km/24km/50km
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1.2km/2.5km
Damage: 5D
3 Dual Blaster Cannon
Fire Arc: 2 Front, 1 Rear
Crew: 1
Range:
--Space: 1-5/10/17
--Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1km/1.7km
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Damage: 3D

House Rule Notes:
    COMMAND DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: +1
    SHIELD & SHIELD CONTROL: 1D @ 1D
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 1D Flight

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:01 pm; edited 7 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next up I'm thinking the TIE/sk, but rather than making it a starfighter, I'm thinking of making it the TIE equivalent of a Cloud Car, capable of operating in atmosphere and low orbit. My reasoning is how insanely fast it is; at 1,500kph, it's 200kph faster than an A-Wing (450; 1,300kph). The only craft in the WEG material that compare favorably are the Storm IV and Talon I Cloud Cars (520; 1,500kph) and the zZip K222 (which blows everything else out of the sky at 900; 2,600kph).

So I'm thinking that making it a Cloud Car allows it to be deployed from low orbit, but also restricts it to atmospheric operations, which would also be part of why it isn't seen participating in any of the later space battles in the films; it's out of its element.

I'll likely post the stats tonight, but I'd appreciate some feedback on this between now and then.

In addition, I'll be working on stats for the Delta-Class Shuttle (Krennic's shuttle), the TIE Reaper, the Profundity and the Hammerhead Corvette.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. After watching three films, I get the impression that the Disney SW doesn't have near the "nerd appeal" that Lucas' did. After each prequel, we got encyclopedias, novels, spin-offs, comic books.... a plethora of paraphernalia that added detail and "specs" from which "stats" could be generated.

The newer movies seem to lack the creative passion that I never really noticed in the original six films until we got these Disney ones to compare them to. It may be up to "us" (and by "us," I mean you Wink ) to fill in those gaps.

This is a good start, here.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Interesting. After watching three films, I get the impression that the Disney SW doesn't have near the "nerd appeal" that Lucas' did. After each prequel, we got encyclopedias, novels, spin-offs, comic books.... a plethora of paraphernalia that added detail and "specs" from which "stats" could be generated.

The newer movies seem to lack the creative passion that I never really noticed in the original six films until we got these Disney ones to compare them to. It may be up to "us" to fill in those gaps.

There is some information, but there are major gaps insofar as information that has a direct bearing on stats, such as cargo capacity, maneuverability, shields ratings, etc.

Previous non-WEG technical readouts at least provided numerical values for a lot of this stuff that, while it didn't translate directly into D6 stats, could at least be used to generate proportionally accurate numbers. The "technical information" provided by the Visual Guides and Cross-Section books is much more sparse by comparison.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always nice when you find a piece of official material that backs up your theory. The Rogue One Visual Guide says the following:
    Though the TIE/sk is capable of sub-orbital flight, it is best deployed in low to high atmospheric defense capacity.
On the very next page, one of the side-bars specifically describes the TIE/sk as being "more speeder than fighter."

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may not do the Delta-Class Shuttle after all. Official material states that it was a Seinar side-project that never went into production, but Krennic took a liking to it and got one for his personal use. If there was only one, it was probably destroyed on the ground at Scarif, and if there were a handful, they would still be extremely rare, and there isn't really anything to distinguish it stats-wise from the Lambda. If anything, the Lambda is better.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Naaman wrote:

The newer movies seem to lack the creative passion that I never really noticed in the original six films until we got these Disney ones to compare them to. It may be up to "us" to fill in those gaps.

There is some information, but there are major gaps insofar as information that has a direct bearing on stats, such as cargo capacity, maneuverability, shields ratings, etc.

Previous non-WEG technical readouts at least provided numerical values for a lot of this stuff that, while it didn't translate directly into D6 stats, could at least be used to generate proportionally accurate numbers. The "technical information" provided by the Visual Guides and Cross-Section books is much more sparse by comparison.

I've gotten a lot of the Disney Star Wars resource works, and the biggest difference I see in the publication line is that Disney has a much greater emphasis on kiddie books than in the Lucas days. The kid books have supposedly canon information, but of course there is a lot less of it because the books are short with big print and a younger reading level. These books may work in appealing to younger readers, but I think they are finding that adults are still buying these fluff-light books for themselves so Disney is still getting their money without having to put out that much info. Most of the current RPG line is designated Legends and those don't include info on the new films. It's very irritating.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting angle going with the air=speeder like cloud card for the tie striker... But i agree with it.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Interesting angle going with the air=speeder like cloud card for the tie striker... But i agree with it.

I concur. The RO Visual Guide doesn't leave much room for doubt on this; it's emphasized pretty heavily, as CRM said, that the TIE/sk is designed to function in a planetary atmosphere and gravity field. It even has a suborbital flight ceiling so it can't even get to space on its own.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, went back and downgraded the Zeta's cargo capacity from 400 to 200; it's roughly the same size as pretty much every other light freighter stat so far, so 200 seemed more appropriate. Also changed the Maneuverability to 0D.

And after reading a little more on the Delta, I think I will stat it after all. Apparently, Krennic's interest made Seinar decide to put it in production, and it ended up being a prefered shuttle model among high-ranking Imperials. Its stats won't be hugely different from the Lambda, but it'll be there.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TIE Striker

The TIE Striker is an experimental atmospheric combat craft. While capable of operations in low orbit, it is best deployed in low to high atmospheric defense and strike roles. Much faster than any modern starfighter, the TIE/sk is a formidable opponent in atmospheric combat. It can be operated by a single pilot, but it is most effective when operating with a weapons officer in the aft compartment. That weapons officer handles comm/scan and targeting duties, leaving the pilot to do the flying. Alternately, the rear compartment can be used as a makeshift cargo compartment.

Craft: Sienar Fleet Systems' TIE/sk x1
Type: Experimental Atmospheric Combat Fighter
Scale: Starship (+6D)
Length: 17.18 meters
Skill: Airspeeder Operation: TIE/sk
Crew: 1 & 1 Gunner (Optional)
Crew Skill:
Sensors 4D
Gunnery 4D
Airspeeder Operation 4D+1
Passengers:
Cargo Capacity: 50 kg. (250kg. if no Gunner)
Cover: Full
Cost: Not Available For Sale
Maneuverability: 3D
Move: 520; 1,500kph (8D)
Altitude Range: Ground Level to 100 kilometers
Body: 3D
Sensors:
Passive 25/1D
Scan 40/2D
Search 60/3D
Focus 4/3D+2
Weapons:
4 Laser Cannon (Fire-Linked)
Range:
--Space: 1-3/12/25
--Orbital: 2km-6km/24km/50km
--Atmosphere: 100m-300m/1.2km/2.5km
Damage: 6D
2 Blaster Cannon (Fire-Linked)
Scale: Speeder (+4D)
Fire Control: 2D
Range:
--Space: 1-5/10/17
--Atmosphere: 100m-500m/1km/1.7km
Rate of Fire: 2D Auto-Fire
Damage: 4D
1 Multi-Warhead Launcher
Crew: 1 (Pilot or Gunner)
Rate of Fire: 1
All Other Stats vary by Weapon Type
Capacity: 6 rounds. May select any Weapons from this list, as well as Gravity Bombs or Space Mines from this list, depending on Availability.

House Rule Notes:
    VELOCITY MODIFIER: 4D Flight (Atmosphere only)

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice... Though i don't remember seeing any evidence of missiles on it in RO..
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, my concept of the Delta-Class Shuttle is firming up. While doing some reading on different shuttle classes, I noted that the Upsilon-Class (Kylo Ren's shuttle from TFA and TLJ) is classed as a Command Shuttle. It's a somewhat-stealthy design with improved sensors, jamming and communications, designed to act as both a forward command post and to allow senior officers to remain in contact with their forces (and superiors) while in transit. That description dovetails nicely with the Delta's.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Nice... Though i don't remember seeing any evidence of missiles on it in RO..

Officially, it has a proton bomb launcher, but since it's intended as a multi-role atmospheric fighter, and pretty much every starfighter in my updated stats (apart from a few TIE models) has access to light missile launchers at the very least, I decided I'd give the TIE/sk the same Multi-Warhead Launcher I put on the TIE Bomber. YMMV.

RedKnight
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the TIE Reaper ? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Reaper Aka the Death Trooper dropship with a REALLY Stupid name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: