The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Pistol Whipping for Palpatine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Pistol Whipping for Palpatine Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I was doing a one-shot where one of the PCs was an Imperial plant. At one point, she wanted to use the butt of her rifle to cold clock another PC. It's so much a part of action movies that I decided that it was worth giving a shot to. I basically said that if she could exceed the difficulty by +10, and then do enough damage to get her to Wounded, then instead of moving the other player down the damage track, we could have her unconscious for several minutes. (I might have said 3D minutes).

It wound up working pretty well. I'd think about incorporating it again in the future.

I think that’s a great rule for use against Minor NPC/plot point. What I’m suggesting would be used against PC/Major NPC/plot point.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the idea is that you want a way to nearly guarantee a knock out hit with minimal chance of genuinely endangering the target?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: