The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ship versus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Ship versus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win
Bulwark Mark III
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Resurgent class
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Ship versus Reply with quote

Would a bulwark mk iii or the resurgent class battlecruiser win.
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that is if the resurgents armament is 1500 turbolasers and 1500 ion cannons then the resurgent takes it 10/10.

But it would be more interesting if the weapons were 1500 turbolasers and ion cannons combined.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what stats you are using. Without that, it's purely theoretical.

The Bulwark Mk. III, as designed, was intended to be able to take on an Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer, which far out-massed the Resurgent-Class.

Just because I say my ship has umpteen kazillion guns on it doesn't necessarily make it so.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I’ve heard the armament on the resurgent is 1500 turbolasers and ion cannons were the bulwarks is 1250 turbolasers and 600 ion cannons. Although it’s unkown if it’s the total amount for the resurgent or each.

Last edited by Captain Rex on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

The Bulwark Mk. III, as designed, was intended to be able to take on an Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer, which far out-massed the Resurgent-Class.

Never remember being told it was designed for direct assult on an Executer. I’m pretty sure that was what the viscount class was designed for.
Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to hear your opinion on who you think would win. For me, it the resurgent even if it’s combined because I wouldn’t imagine the number to be that different. And plus the turbolasers are powered by khyber crystal and they can overload shields and the bulwark has no point defence. We don’t know the number of point defence of the resurgent but. I would assume it could be something like 60 laser turrets and 30 ventral cannons. But space dock says it’s in the hundreds and the numbers I got the 60 and 30 from was a role playing website soi thing the point defence is something like 150 or something.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
As far as I’ve heard the armament on the resurgent is 1500 turbolasers and ion cannons were the bulwarks is 1250 turbolasers and 600 ion cannons. Although it’s unkown if it’s the total amount for the resurgent or each.

The problem there is that those numbers are taken out of context. Within the context of the source material (the Star Wars: Rebellion strategy video game), 1,250 and 600 are measurements of relative "throw weight", as in "how much fire can it put out compared to other ships in the game." For example, in the game, the Super Star Destroyer has the following values:
    Turbo-Lasers: 500 Front, 150 Aft, 300 Left, 300 Right (1,250 total)
    Ion Cannon: 200 Front, 100 Aft, 200 Left, 200 Right (700 total)
The Bulwark's are:
    Turbo-Lasers: 600 Front, 120 Rear, 300 Left, 300 Right (1,320 total)
    Ion Cannons: 200 Front, 80 Rear, 150 Left, 150 Right (580 total)
Now, it's important to understand that the Bulwark is an original creation whose sole purpose within the context of the game is to give the Alliance a ship that can go head-to-head with a Super Star Destroyer. It's a lot harder to make it fit within the context of the SWU as a whole because the Alliance didn't have the resources to build something like this. The official backstory is that it's a leftover from the Clone Wars.

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
Never remember being told it was designed for direct assult on an Executer. I’m pretty sure that was what the viscount class was designed for.

The Viscount wasn't introduced until decades later.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Rex wrote:
I would like to hear your opinion on who you think would win. For me, it the resurgent even if it’s combined because I wouldn’t imagine the number to be that different. And plus the turbolasers are powered by khyber crystal and they can overload shields and the bulwark has no point defence. We don’t know the number of point defence of the resurgent but. I would assume it could be something like 60 laser turrets and 30 ventral cannons. But space dock says it’s in the hundreds and the numbers I got the 60 and 30 from was a role playing website soi thing the point defence is something like 150 or something.

The Bulwark's point defense consisted of 10 squadrons of A-Wings and X-Wings.

And frankly, I don't really care which one of them would win. That's not a scenario I ever envision being played out at my gaming table. It's two vastly different ships separated by 30-50 years in-universe, neither of which have official stats, both of which what little is known is questionable.

Captain Rex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Captain Rex wrote:

The Viscount wasn't introduced until decades later.

That’s is true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: