The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rancor Pit ownership
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Rancor Pit ownership Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Rancor Pit ownership Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I would like to announce that I am stepping down as admin of the Rancor Pit. I no longer play the game and don't have a lot of time to devote to the site. I feel I'm no longer doing the site or the community justice, and probably haven't been for a long time. Rather than just shut the site down, I am transferring ownership of the site to Whill. He will be taking over as the new admin/owner of the site. I will still be around to help Whill with any technical issues that may come up, especially to ensure the transition goes smoothly. I would like to thank Whill for taking ownership of the site. I think he will do a good job with it and I hope this transition will keep the site around for a long time to come!

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice. If anybody is interested and dedicated to D6 Star Wars, it is Whill.

Happy trails, Taal. Don't be a stranger!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Whill.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck in your "retirement", and all hail Whill!
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The King is dead. Long live the King.

(or should that be the Emperor?)
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bren wrote:

Err... Let's think of it more as a Diocletian-type emperor. At least in terms of the end of the reign... not in terms of social and political reforms. Smile

BTW, having worked along side Whill for the longest time, I can't think of a better match. I'm really happy that Whill has the time and energy to devote to the site.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rancor Pit ownership Reply with quote

Loc Taal wrote:
Hello everyone. I would like to announce that I am stepping down as admin of the Rancor Pit. I no longer play the game and don't have a lot of time to devote to the site. I feel I'm no longer doing the site or the community justice, and probably haven't been for a long time. Rather than just shut the site down, I am transferring ownership of the site to Whill. He will be taking over as the new admin/owner of the site. I will still be around to help Whill with any technical issues that may come up, especially to ensure the transition goes smoothly. I would like to thank Whill for taking ownership of the site. I think he will do a good job with it and I hope this transition will keep the site around for a long time to come!

Sad to see you go, Loc. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do. Thank you for setting this site up and maintaining it for so long. I've met some incredible folks here, and I have you to thank for that opportunity. Godspeed, my friend.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logging into Rancor Pit be like...
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Rancor Pit ownership Reply with quote

Loc Taal wrote:
I would like to announce that I am stepping down as admin of the Rancor Pit. I no longer play the game and don't have a lot of time to devote to the site. I feel I'm no longer doing the site or the community justice, and probably haven't been for a long time. Rather than just shut the site down, I am transferring ownership of the site to Whill. He will be taking over as the new admin/owner of the site. I will still be around to help Whill with any technical issues that may come up, especially to ensure the transition goes smoothly. I would like to thank Whill for taking ownership of the site. I think he will do a good job with it and I hope this transition will keep the site around for a long time to come!

Thank you, Loc. Thank you for creating The Rancor Pit Forums and maintaining it for over 14 years. For a site devoted to game that ceased publication almost 20 years ago, we have created quite a legacy here. Over 6,500 topics and 170,000 posts! And thank you for working with me to keep the site going and for all your help with the transition.

Cheers to you, Loc Taal!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Falconer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you both!
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To commemorate the occasion, my son and I watched Star Wars tonight, the one with the rancor pit in it.

It's interesting that exactly 5 years ago today, Loc Taal announced Cheshire, Jmanski and me as Moderators here.

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
Good choice. If anybody is interested and dedicated to D6 Star Wars, it is Whill.

Thank you! I feel there are several others here just as interested and dedicated to Star Wars D6 in this community. I'm in great company here.

garhkal wrote:
...all hail Whill!

Thank you! Bless you, my loyal subject. LOL.

cheshire wrote:
Bren wrote:
Long live the King.

Err... Let's think of it more as a Diocletian-type emperor. At least in terms of the end of the reign... not in terms of social and political reforms. Smile

More of a benevolent supreme chancellor than emperor. Cool

cheshire wrote:
BTW, having worked along side Whill for the longest time, I can't think of a better match.

Most kind.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Bren wrote:

BTW, having worked along side Whill for the longest time, I can't think of a better match. I'm really happy that Whill has the time and energy to devote to the site.

And we begin down the slippery slope...

Whill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Naaman. I have a couple GM friends I'll have to share that with.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
BTW, are you planning on adding new ranks? It's rarefied territory up here, but I've been a Grand Moff for a while, and I'd think I'm due a seniority promotion if nothing else.

Wink

Yes, I can add new ranks. If you have any suggestions for what's above Grand Moff

IMO, garhkal and Hellcat should probably have some input, as well.

Absolutely. But let's table this discussion for now as I have more pressing matters to address such as devising and posting updated site posting guidelines, and cleaning up all the announcements and sticky threads to make things less busy and more streamlined.

Likewise, I ask that everyone please hold off on suggesting/requesting technical upgrades to forum functionality as these things would be down the road. I am a novice webmaster learning as I go. If there are any problems with using the site as you have been, please point them out, but otherwise let's just continue to function as we have been for now. I have a family, day job and other time commitments, so change is slow. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Likewise, I ask that everyone please hold off on suggesting/requesting technical upgrades to forum functionality as these things would be down the road. I am a novice webmaster learning as I go.

Wait... so I can't put in a request for that retinal scan at a login instead of my password? Dangit. I could swear that there's an easy plugin for that.
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just lurking here, but have been for YEARS. Glad to see the site isn't going anywhere, this site is important to keep around, as d6 is one of the greatest rpg's of all time, and the writing about it here can't just vanish into the ether. Even though I barely play the game, every now and then I still pick it up and when I do, one of my first stops is this site. You all are doing the Lord's work. Smile

MTFBWY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: