The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Megaverse to Sar Wars D6 conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Megaverse to Sar Wars D6 conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Megaverse to Sar Wars D6 conversion Reply with quote

does anyone know of a megaverse to d6 star wars conversion guide out there somewhere?

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll find that Palladium's roleplaying system, such as it is, is way too inconsistent internally for someone to offer a conversion guide. You'd likely have to make your own measuring sticks to get anywhere.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palladium is also VERY anxious about conversions to and from their system, and litigious about it, so you're unlikely to find an openly published conversion guide.

My suggestion, in these cases, is benchmark. I'd worry less about matching one damage code to another, or converting individual weapons, and concentrate on making things that work well in the system. I did do a bit of work to construct some Robotech material in d6, but it's not a conversion of Palladium stuff... it's a construction in d6 of Robotech source material.
thedemonapostle
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ask because i have been wanting to do a macross and robotech to star wars d6 crossover write up and their systems are done in the megaverse rules. so any pointers would be helpful...

d6holocron.com: Thedemonapostle

Thedemonapostle Star Wars Crossovers
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6143

Here's a link to some preliminary messing around I've done.

Like I said, don't convert the Palladium stuff... look at the numbers (size, speed, etc.) and benchmark them to other things already in the SW Universe (I find REUP to the really useful for this, since it has a lot of material of semi-moderate canonicity of numbers).

So, for example, the Veritech's Jet mode was based off the Naboo spacefighters, because they're both supposed to be nimble, but the speeds were based off comparing the KMH of Veritech fighters to the table that converts KMH to Speed numbers. The weapons were benchmarked to similar weapons.

It creates something that fits better into Star Wars d6, ignores Palladium's notorious internal inconsistency, and avoids stepping on their very sensitive toes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: