The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Wild Die Complications...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Wild Die Complications...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Wild Die Complications... Reply with quote

I luckily have a group that deals more with story than combat and mechanics, and I like to give them a bit more control of things.

So, with a 1 on the Wild Die, I give them an option. Take the Complication, and that'll be it. Or, roll again, and if the die comes up anything but a 1, it's just a 1 on the score.

But, if it does snake eyes, well... That's a Serious Complication.

I also use a deck of playing cards to decide where and how the complication hits. Hearts is Health (someone gets injured in some way), Spades is Equipment (something is broken or needs repairs), Clubs is Weapons (self explanatory), and Diamonds is Ship/Wealth (their ship is damage or they lose out on cash somehow.). The higher the card, the worse the situation.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the time I needed to draw a card I'd first have to frantically search for the deck which would have inadvertently been buried under my adventure notes, some character sheets, a rule book, or all three. Laughing
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group does Savage Worlds games on another night of the week, a deck of cards is used for initiative for that, so they're quite handy. Laughing

Bren wrote:
By the time I needed to draw a card I'd first have to frantically search for the deck which would have inadvertently been buried under my adventure notes, some character sheets, a rule book, or all three. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: