The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My much delayed introduction
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> My much delayed introduction Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: My much delayed introduction Reply with quote

Cpkeyes wrote:
Hello, I'm Cpkeyes. A long time RPer who has loved StarWars (And sci-fi, it's my favorite genre since I find it's easy to basically do whatever you want in it) side he was a wee lad. I enjoy writing (I want to become a filmmaker) and making terrible vehicles (Look at the KET-24) and have played all three StarWars RPG systems, D6 is my favorite so far since it seems very customizable.

I also have my own sci-fi universe but that's not important.

Don't beat yourself up; we all wrote up our very first D6 stat at some point. The trick is remembering that when you post a stat here, you're going to get a lot of input from people who have been doing this for a while, and have learned a thing or two about writing a balanced stat. The advice may not always be phrased in the most polite terms, but it is still useful feedback.

Don't be disheartened just because we didn't all chime in to tell you how perfectly flawless your idea is; go back and look at it again, keeping the feedback in mind. Remember, you aren't just designing a ship to use in a vacuum, it needs to fit into the universe it inhabits, relative to the other ships in-universe.

And always keep in mind your goal for the ship. What is its purpose? What features are extraneous, and which are essential to what the ship is built for? How does my stat differ from all of the other WEG-published stats, and why? How do I explain these changes in the capsule?

In the end, you don't have to change anything, but I'd be more suspicious of the guy who tells you how perfect your stat is than of the guy who tells you what he sees as an issue. The latter will be more help to your game in the long run, if only because pointing out potential balancing problems now will put you ahead of the curve for refining your technique down the road.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: