The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Imperial Stormtrooper v2.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Imperial Stormtrooper v2.0 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "tracking" I mean bookkeeping over the course of a fight to determine whether to reduce the protection afforded. If that were the case, each set of armor would ned it's own "strenght" attribute to see how wel it holds up to damage... etc, etc...

At the end of the battle, a call for some rolls to determine total damage and cost is fine. In tact, I like the idea. But unless we are taking about getting hit by a weapon that can destroy the armor in a single shot (as opposed to merely penetrating it and leaving 1cm hole in it), then I'd rather just deal with that after the fight.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bur do you still reduce armor effectiveness if the wearer is wounded, as per the RAW?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son showed me this video. So these stormtroopers have made some modifications to eliminate the armor's Dex penalty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax7tmaYObIQ&feature=youtu.be&t=45
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the DEX penalty is the worst detail in the WEG rules. Assuming it fits properly, armor doesn't reduce anything but the wearer's stamina. In real life that is.

Last edited by TauntaunScout on Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Personally I think the DEX penalty is the worst detail in the WEG rules. Assuming it its properly, armor doesn't reduce anything but the wearer's stamina. In real life that is.

well said!

To me it would make sense to change the DEX penalties a little.
I can see some skills be reduced due to bulkiness of armor, but to me these are mainly the "mobility" skills, acrobatics, running, dodge, and even strenght skills like climbing and swimming.

but an attribute reduction, or a reduction in gunnery makes no sense, unless the whole point is to make the stomies NON COMABTANTS but that would be about it.

I also of the oppinion that the "older" stormies is so used to the while shell they will suffer little or no penalties whatdoever.

What I think is needed is maybe a list of skills that is actually accefted by bulk
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Personally I think the DEX penalty is the worst detail in the WEG rules. Assuming it its properly, armor doesn't reduce anything but the wearer's stamina. In real life that is.

It's likely the rule was made to facilitate short-term game balance. Stamina only comes into play in the long term, and most battles are going to be resolved by then, so I could very easily see the game developers wanting some sort of immediate penalty as a trade-off for the added utility of the increased Soak.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: