The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bwing strangeness
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Bwing strangeness Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedKnight wrote:
Or the Arakyd Helix ? a 'Patrol Fighter' to provide pickets for fleets that cant tear off or dont have corvettes for it, something that a system, mercenary group or.....say....a rebellion could use for long range hit and fade strikes in a greater government.....some of....galactic empire perhaps. Something that could jump from a rim planet to the expansion region or the fringe of the core to blow up a research base and then disappear into space.

actually now i wish i had stats because i have an itch to try and figure out what it'd look like.

Maybe something like this?

As far as ships with official stats, the closest thing the Alliance has to a fighter/bomber with the legs for longer ranged missions is the Y-Wing Longprobe, but the thought of being stucked in that cramped cockpit for three weeks is highly unappealing...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
As far as ships with official stats, the closest thing the Alliance has to a fighter/bomber with the legs for longer ranged missions is the Y-Wing Longprobe, but the thought of being stucked in that cramped cockpit for three weeks is highly unappealing...
Yeah, I think of the bus trip where I moved to a different province.

EDIT: There is a good reason why carriers are still a thing in the Star Wars universe. Keeps the troops comfortable, rested, and ready for the fight compared to being crampt and using a bottle for the bathroom.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. The extreme travel times applied to ships in the SWU are part of why I came up with this, which allows for interstellar trips while fudging the time taken. I can only assume no one at WEG took the time to consider what it would be like to live in a box the size of a coffin for days at a time.

MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may have been suggested but...

What if the purpose of the B-wing's cockpit rotation is wildly misinterpreted?

Like, what if it's purpose is to let it land easily, on its side, while still flying to combat in the upright position? Like, it's only really supposed to do a 90* turn so you can sit in your seat and take off, without having to store them vertically or sit on a wall?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because that doesn't take into account multiple official images (including stills from film footage) showing the B-Wing flying on its side.

And if it were just about landing, it would've been less complicated and less fragile to have it fly on its side with a fixed cockpit. In fact, a flying wing with a cockpit in the center would likely be a superior design.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: