The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

imperial raider class becomes canon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> imperial raider class becomes canon Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
I was expecting something like Knights of the Old Republic. Both of those games were bad @$$. TFU, not so much.

Agreed. The KOTOR games were a blast to play, especially the first one since it had the biggest twist since "Luke I am your father". ("Wait a minute...You mean that I'm Revan???")

I loved both KOTOR games, even if KOTOR 2 felt like it abruptly ended without a true resolution. I heard that it was released unfinished and never got a patch to give it a proper ending despite players calling for it. I don't know if that rumor is true or not, but that's what I heard.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Agreed. The KOTOR games were a blast to play, especially the first one since it had the biggest twist since "Luke I am your father". ("Wait a minute...You mean that I'm Revan???")

I know! That blew me away! AWESOME GAME!

Quote:
I loved both KOTOR games, even if KOTOR 2 felt like it abruptly ended without a true resolution. I heard that it was released unfinished and never got a patch to give it a proper ending despite players calling for it. I don't know if that rumor is true or not, but that's what I heard.

I heard the same. I liked KOTOR 2 as well, but I understand that they ran out of time. The game was pushed out. It was "good enough". I understand that there were several unfinished quests in the game--lots of it loaded on your machine with the rest of the game, just not triggered because the quests were not finished.

When I played KOTOR 1, there was this awesome graphics patch you could download. It really, really, really improved the look of the game. I mean, you could see reflections in chrome!

When I got to KOTOR 2, there was no such patch. It took me a while to get used to the step down in graphics.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
I was expecting something like Knights of the Old Republic. Both of those games were bad @$$. TFU, not so much.

KOTOR2 has a Restored Content Mod that includes a lot of this.

As for TFU, despite its graphical limitations, I got real joy playing it on the Wii. When I saw the game on the PC later, I was amazed by how limited the graphics on the Wii had been... but there was something amazing about force-choking someone by lifting your hand and squeezing (with the nunchuck, but still)
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
Agreed re: TESB's dramatic impact, if that film's finale being Luke and Vader's first meeting is maintained!
I don't follow the new Marvel run and learning that Marvel has now/again had them meet face-to-face earlier is a shame.

Somewhat further off-topic, Whill, but in your view, is there worthwhile material in the current Marvel Comics
in terms of contributions to larger lore, or are they just "holding serve" between films / tv programs? Worth checking out?

I stopped the main "Star Wars" title as soon as I got to the end of #1. I bought Darth Vader #1 and Kanan #1, meh and meh. I have the whole Lando mini-series but I don't remember finishing reading it. And I have the Shattered Empire, the canon story of what happened immediately following the end of RotJ. It is a lame story and lame comic. I was really disappointed. All of these came out in 2015 and I haven't bought a Star Wars comic since. Most of the artwork is not that great. I cannot at all recommend Marvel's new Star Wars comics from what I have seen. I've heard that TFA comic was a pretty bad adaptation.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purchased and read all the new Marvel material. I think it's pretty damn good.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The collective ability of this forum to go off topic at the drop of a hat never ceases to amaze.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
The collective ability of this forum to go off topic at the drop of a hat never ceases to amaze.

Thread topics work best as initial suggestions from which more interesting and worthwhile discussion can evolve.

For what it's worth on the current topic, I'm dodging anything Marvel related ever since they turned Cap into a freakin' Nazi.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots Dragon wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

Thread topics work best as initial suggestions from which more interesting and worthwhile discussion can evolve.

For what it's worth on the current topic, I'm dodging anything Marvel related ever since they turned Cap into a freakin' Nazi.

Ok, I know that I'm only further perverting the path of this thread by asking this, but when and how did Marvel turn Captain America into a Nazi? Shocked

Scots, feel free to continue this discussion with me on PM so that this thread doesn't go even further off topic.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

Its not just this forum though. It seems to be that way for darn near all..
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

Sorry. It does happen quite a bit, but conversations among fans are more organic because of it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive spoilers (Hail Hydra): http://nerdist.com/nerdist-news-marvel-captain-america-hydra-twist/

Also, I've been thinking (that's a bad sign) about Starkiller's optional "I'm a porcupine of lightsabers" outfit... and under certain circumstances, it might even work. Furthermore, as I have quite a few max level characters in SWTOR - I like some of the stories, and had a couple of "YEAH! STAR WARS!" moments in a few of them. And the Galactic Starfighter thing is interesting, in that they've managed to make ships that look both 4 000 years old AND like TIEs. Or like the ancestors of those, at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: