The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Archeon Nebula
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Archeon Nebula
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Archeon Nebula Reply with quote

Quote:

Archeon Nebula
A nebula in the Lothal sector of the Outer Rim Territories that the Archeon Pass passes through. The Archeon Nebula is a stellar nursery that is the breeding ground for new stars.

Points of Interest
Archeon Pass: A treacherous hyperspace route used by smugglers that runs through the Archeon Nebula.

Game Note:
-- The thick gaseous clouds of the Archeon Pass makes navigation and sensor readings difficult. Treat it as Moderate (15+) terrain. If the roll fails the ship becomes lost within the nebula. Sensors give no bonus while within the nebula. All vision-based Perception rolls suffer a 1D penalty.
-- Hyperdrive engines and positively charged energy weapons, such as proton torpedoes, are known to ignite the gas clouds inside the nebula. If the gases are within the nebula it will cause a massive explosion (1/2/3/4 space units, 10D/7D/5D/3D capital scale damage). If near the edges of the nebula and such an energy weapon is used, it creates a plume of expanding super-heated gas (range and damage are treated the same, but the plume will burn for several minutes to possibly hours).
-- Proto-stars within the nebula are dangerous, emitting both heat and high levels of energy several space units from the main body. Ships passing close to proto-stars have a high chance of taking damage (1-2/3/5 space units, 9D/7D/4D damage rolled at the beginning of every round until 6 space units distant from proto-star).

Source: SWRe 3.18 "Secret Cargo", wookieepedia.
Code:

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Archeon Nebula Reply with quote

This is tangental to this post, but is relevant to Rebels: I really hope that if and when Rebels reaches Season 5 that there are Rogue One and ANH tie-ins with this show. I especially want to see the Battle of Scarif from the Ghost's perspective.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Archeon Nebula Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
This is tangental to this post, but is relevant to Rebels: I really hope that if and when Rebels reaches Season 5 that there are Rogue One and ANH tie-ins with this show. I especially want to see the Battle of Scarif from the Ghost's perspective.

Season four will the final season. It will deal with the Mandalorian civil war. Beyond that I have no idea because that will take the show up to 1 BBY. There is talk of a new project. I will assume its also animated as Dave Filoni is taking lead on it. As for what it involves, they have not said. Though it would not be difficult for them to do something like Star Wars Alliance and place it 1 BBY through 4-5 ABY, which takes us right up to the Aftermath books.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Archeon Nebula Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

Season four will the final season. It will deal with the Mandalorian civil war. Beyond that I have no idea because that will take the show up to 1 BBY. There is talk of a new project. I will assume its also animated as Dave Filoni is taking lead on it. As for what it involves, they have not said. Though it would not be difficult for them to do something like Star Wars Alliance and place it 1 BBY through 4-5 ABY, which takes us right up to the Aftermath books.

Damn, this was announced a week ago and no one here mentioned it until now (or I missed it if they did). Crying or Very sad

Yeah, it makes sense that Dave Filoni would want to wrap up Rebels before it could get unexpectedly canceled without a resolution (*cough* Clone Wars *cough*), but damn, ever since I saw the Ghost and Chopper in Rogue One, I really wanted to know see who of the Ghost crew got to the battle of Scarif and what they did.

Now we might never know. And the Mandalorian Civil War feels like a B plot. Yeah, there are Empire-loyal Mandalorians fighting Clan Wren, but Mandalore is a client state of the Empire, not the Empire itself. The main narrative of Rebels is the Ghost crew fighting the Empire, so the Mandalorian Civil War feels like a sideplot to me. I'm wary of the idea of devoting an entire season to such a tangental narrative.

And Shootingwomprats, my apologies for hijacking your thread. Embarassed

EDIT: Just watched the Season 4 trailer. Apparently we see the Rebellion flying X-wings, so at least we'll find out the canon story about how the Rebellion acquired X-wings. I hope Incom Corp gets recanonized with a mention. And I got the mistaken impression from Shootingwomprats's post that the season was going to be just about the Mandalorian Civil War, instead of an additional story arc. (That was my mistake.) And we see the Ghost flying over the jungle at Yavin 4 with Yavin in the sky, so apparently, the Ghost crew get to help in establishing Base One at Yavin. That's not nothing either.

And Kallus grew his hair out. No more Imperial grooming regulations anymore!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: