The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Imperial E-XD Infiltrator Droid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Imperial E-XD Infiltrator Droid Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Imperial E-XD Infiltrator Droid Reply with quote

For those who followed Star Wars Rebels season 3.

Quote:

E-XD infiltrator droid
Type: Imperial E-XD Infiltrator Droid
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 5D, brawling parry 9D, dodge 7D
KNOWLEDGE 2D
MECHANICAL 1D
Communications 3D, sensors 4D, space transports 4D
PERCEPTION 1D
Search 3D
STRENGTH 5D
Brawling 10D, Climbing/Jumping 9D
TECHNICAL 3D
Droid repair 4D
Equipped With:
-- Humanoid body (2 arms, 2 legs, torso, head)
-- Visual and auditory sensors (macro-vision, +2D modifier to search rolls involving vision)
-- Vocabulator
-- Language database (+5D languages skill modifier)
-- Built-in light repeating blasters (left and right forearm; 5D; 3-10/30/100)
-- Anti-capture failsafe (20 second timer, 4D/3D/2D/1D starship scale damage, 1-20/60/180/400 area effect)
-- Protected memory core (accessing the memory core will immediately detonate the proton warhead)
Move: 8 (14 in infiltrator mode)
Size: 1.85 meters tall (2.7 in infiltrator mode)
Availability: 4, X (military and planetary governments)
Cost: Not available for sale (10,000 estimated)
Personality Matrix: None

Source: Star Wars Rebels 3.14 "Warhead", 3.18 "Secret Cargo".

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one nasty sob!
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing says "f*** You" quite like Starship-scale explosives in a character-scale body. How often are these things just used as smart bombs? Or a stripped down version?

On that note, this thing seems to have no Sneak skill, and a 1D Perception. Do they infiltrate as translators?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the "leaping-at-you" perspective of that photo, this thing is friggin' scary.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Nothing says "f*** You" quite like Starship-scale explosives in a character-scale body. How often are these things just used as smart bombs? Or a stripped down version?

These were commissioned by Thrawn to look for the Phoenix Squad rebels. I believe they are built on Lothal and use the RQ protocol droid chassis. Each is launched with a hyperspace capable starship, the size and look of an escape pod. The vehicle had encryption and transmitter equipment aboard. An ISD could be retrofitted with a docking array that allows up to twelve of these specialized ships to dock and launch.

Thrawn commented he had launched 94 of these specialized probes.

MrNexx wrote:
On that note, this thing seems to have no Sneak skill, and a 1D Perception. Do they infiltrate as translators?

I wrestled with this. They are specifically designed to appear as protocol droids. Watching the episode, the droid has some damage and does not know its purpose. The rebels discover it is excellent at inventorying and put it to work doing that job.

As its true nature is hidden and is a part of its design I decided it did not need to make con rolls. It operates at its job until it has the information it needs, goes to its transport and transmits its findings. If unable to transmit it will lift off and return to the Imperial ship.

It does not have much of a personality or intrapersonal skills so I opted on the minimal Perception.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah! Glad to see some Rebels S3 content Very Happy

ShootingWomprats wrote:
I wrestled with this. They are specifically designed to appear as protocol droids. Watching the episode, the droid has some damage and does not know its purpose. The rebels discover it is excellent at inventorying and put it to work doing that job.

As its true nature is hidden and is a part of its design I decided it did not need to make con rolls. It operates at its job until it has the information it needs, goes to its transport and transmits its findings. If unable to transmit it will lift off and return to the Imperial ship.

It does not have much of a personality or intrapersonal skills so I opted on the minimal Perception.

Re: its infiltration, IIRC it has some kind of "Sleeper" function, where its offensive mode is activated by either Zeb or AP-5 saying
a triggering term -- it was something as silly as "Rebel Base" -- but that caused it to transform and attack.

Perhaps it should have two modes, the infiltration protocol droid mode and the attack mode, activated by preprogrammed key phrases or scanned input?

Last edited by Telsij on Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:

With the blast radi of this bad boy, i don't even see why it would need melee/blaster. just wait till it gets amongst the most packed group of rebels and self destruct..
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
With the blast radi of this bad boy, i don't even see why it would need melee/blaster. just wait till it gets amongst the most packed group of rebels and self destruct..

The issue of the power of the explosion comes from the episode in which EXD-9 goes back to the original ISD I it was launched from. When it is brought aboard it detonated, destroying the ship. Granted it did not make the ship explode, but it was rendered useless. Within the context of the game since this is a closing cut scene it can be hand waved that is happens regardless of the actual power of the explosive. Within the mechanics of the game it can also be explained that the explosive was past all the hull plating, shielding and therefore did maximum damage. This can be further explained as a critical system was also destroyed.

I could easily be convinced to change the stats of the explosive. Though I would caution you, that the explosive specifically is called a proton detonator.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a stripped off warhead from a proton torp. BUT I wonder, hwo they hid it IN his body to avoid any scanning?
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Sounds like a stripped off warhead from a proton torp. BUT I wonder, hwo they hid it IN his body to avoid any scanning?

Shielded smugglers compartments. The Droids sourcebook has them as options when building a droid.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

The proton warhead is probably wired to the droids power core, which is shielded from sensors.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you getting the power core is shielded from sensors?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Where you getting the power core is shielded from sensors?

The information I believe came from wookieepedia, but I went back for the citation and it was removed. I checked out Rebel Recon concerning the episode and other sources as well and still could not find the reference. So, as cool as it is, I cannot in good conscience keep it in, so I have removed it and edits the post. Appreciate the garhkal.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back and reviewing the footage of SWRe 3.14 "Warhead" the droid is aboard an ISD I. When it blows up, is has enough initial force to blow completely through the bottom of the ship and start an explosion through the top. At this point the ships starts to list. Then four additional explosions. From my very rough measurements the initial blast was at least 1/4 to 1/5 the length of the ship and approximately 1/2 half the length top to bottom. The ISD I is 1,600 meters long. Therefore the explosion is around 320-400 meters and did enough to Heavily or Severely damage the ISD, which has a Hull 7D capital scale.

As I said earlier, I am willing to hand wave this is an ending cut-scene and not really hold it to standard rule mechanics. I was surprised that my initial thought of 400 meters max blast radius was so close to the actual calculation =)
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can also hand-wave it because the proton warhead went off in an entire room full of other droids of that type. It would not be unreasonable to assume that the explosion was originally quite a bit smaller, but the detonation of dozens if not hundreds of them in close proximity ballooned it near-instantly to the point that it basically destroyed the ship it was on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: