The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Astromech Armored Exoskeleton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Astromech Armored Exoskeleton Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Astromech Armored Exoskeleton Reply with quote

Okay I saw these pics while googling something else a while back and finally got around to doing something with them Feel free to tear this idea apart

Astromech Armored Exoskeleton

Credit to Model maker Lemcat

Type: Acme Industries Coyote Astromech Armored Exoskeleton

DEXTERITY 4D
Brawling parry 4D, dodge 4D, energy weapons: sonic stunner 5D+2, melee combat 4D, Running: 4D, stun blasters: stokli spray gun 4D

STRENGTH 4D
Brawling 5D, Climbing/Jumping: 6D, lifting 5D, stamina 5D

Equipped With:

-Body armor (+2D to resist damage)

-Broad-band antenna (can intercept and decode most communications on standard frequencies)

-Encrypted Communications Array: Allows secure, encrypted communications with a base, another floating turret or the owner. Range is 100km in open terrain or 60km in urban settings.

-Internal Automap

-Locked access (the astromech's shut-down switch is secured inside the exoskeleton)

-Magnetic feet (the droid’s feet are equipped with
electromagnetic grippers)

-Remote Data Transceiver and Computer Interface: The data tranceiver can be set to any known or specific frequency required while the computer interface is standard, but comes with an adapter for nearly all planets in the civilized galaxy.

-Repulsorlift System: Move rate of 175/375kmh with a maximum altitude of 1500 meters

-Rocket Thruster Pack Each operation burst permits horizontal flight up to 500 meters and vertical lift up to 300 meters in a gravity well. Has fuel for 12 bursts, but the pack must cool for one round after each burst. Can carry 30 kilograms of cargo besides the operator. Primarily used for maneuvering in Zero-G environments.

-One Internal Sensor-Shielded Storage Compartment (torso 40x20x16cm)

-Sensors (in meters): Thermal, IR, UV, Motion, Life Form
Passive: 150/1D
Scan: 325/1D+2
Search: 650/2D
Focus: 5/3D

Sensor ranges are halved in urban settings

-Sonic stunner (4D stun, range 10 meters) concealed in left forearm

-Stokli Spray Gun (6D stun range 50/100/200) concealed in right forearm. Entangled characters must make opposed Strength roll to break free (6D Strength) 10 shots

-Stun Gas System: The droid carries a highly effective cannister of neurotoxin that can stun nearly all forms of life with ease. The gas release system comes out as a cloud around the droid and can last for up to 5 minutes of continuous use. Range is based of wind, but the default with no wind is 10 meters. The neurotoxin can penetrate skin as well. The toxin has a strength of 6D. The only known beings this does not affect are those without circulatory systems or those creatures that can live in space without protection. Those strong in the Force, such as Jedi, roll against 5D damage.

-Two retractable 10,000 candle power spot lights: Capable of reaching 50 meters in complete darkness.

-Ultrasonic Echolocation: They can "see" through a form of ultrasonic echolocation that allows them to perceive shape and movement. No penalties for darkness or smoke.

-Vocabulator speech and sound system.

Move: 10 (foot)/12 (repulsorlift)/15 (rocket thrusters)
Size: 2.2 meters tall
Cost: 50,000
Availability: R

Notes: Basically astromechs are mounted in this exoskeleton the same way they are mounted into X-Wings. Exoskeletons can be further customized to suit the needs of the owner.

Last edited by ForbinProject on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What skills are used to control that and fire the weapons? What astromech is going to have the skills needed for this?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
What skills are used to control that and fire the weapons? What astromech is going to have the skills needed for this?

The skill software is pre-programmed into the exoskeleton hard-drive and are accessed when the astromech is mounted into it.

And thanks for mentioning the weapons. I see I forgot to list the skill for the stokli gun.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Whill wrote:

The skill software is pre-programmed into the exoskeleton hard-drive and are accessed when the astromech is mounted into it.

What skill is used to access the pre-programmed skills? Powersuit Operation?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it has a 4d strength, +4d from body armor (8d) AND 3d shields?? What in gods name!?
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
ForbinProject wrote:
Whill wrote:

What skill is used to access the pre-programmed skills? Powersuit Operation?

I'm open to suggestions on that, but I'm thinking that whatever is decided, it should be purchased for the astromech itself and not part of the exoskeletons software package.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So it has a 4d strength, +4d from body armor (8d) AND 3d shields?? What in gods name!?

I freely admit I picked those numbers solely based on the physical appearance in the photos.

If I was over enthusiastic in my choices please feel free to recommend more reasonable stats and I will make those changes.
Saikoyu
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd scrap the energy shields, since they are very rare in the movies and lower the armor to 2D at least. 6D to resist damage is going to give most hand carried blasters a run for their money.

Also, I would just say this is a droid and drop the exoskeleton part, since there doesn't seem to be room to fit the rest of an astromech in the body of the suit, unless its a spherical droid, like the V-Wing from the prequels was suppose to have. Just my thoughts.

Though I have to ask, was this based off a Zaku from Mobile Suit Gundam? If so that is somehow hilarious.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saikoyu wrote:
Personally, I'd scrap the energy shields, since they are very rare in the movies and lower the armor to 2D at least. 6D to resist damage is going to give most hand carried blasters a run for their money.

Also, I would just say this is a droid and drop the exoskeleton part, since there doesn't seem to be room to fit the rest of an astromech in the body of the suit, unless its a spherical droid, like the V-Wing from the prequels was suppose to have. Just my thoughts.

Though I have to ask, was this based off a Zaku from Mobile Suit Gundam? If so that is somehow hilarious.

Okay. Shields are gone, and armor reduced.

I've no idea what gundam/mecha model Lemcat used to to put this together with, but I fell in love with the pictures.

And I think your right that the spherical shaped astromechs would be the most suitable design to use the exoskeleton.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is glorious.

Me, I'd be inclined to say that it runs off a skill package loaded into the powersuit itself... it doesn't have the processor to actually run itself, but with an astromech droid plugged in, the droid can operate it, just as if it had a new skill module installed.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saikoyu wrote:
ForbinProject wrote:
garhkal wrote:

I freely admit I picked those numbers solely based on the physical appearance in the photos.

If I was over enthusiastic in my choices please feel free to recommend more reasonable stats and I will make those changes.

I agree. 6d is a very good resistance for this sort of 'exo-suit'. Though i could see it being a mix, say 6d+2 phys, 5d+1 energy, or something like that..

Additionally, shouldn't the droid need the Communications skill to make use of that broadband antenna? Along with power-suit ops for using that rocket system/repulsor system, and sensors...
Last i checked, R-2s don't have those It has cap ship piloting/starfighter piloting and astrogation.. Heck of the R series of astromechs, ONLY The R4 even has the repulsorlift operation skill...
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Additionally, shouldn't the droid need the Communications skill to make use of that broadband antenna? Along with power-suit ops for using that rocket system/repulsor system, and sensors...

Last i checked, R-2s don't have those It has cap ship piloting/starfighter piloting and astrogation.. Heck of the R series of astromechs, ONLY The R4 even has the repulsorlift operation skill...

Plenty of droids use repulsorlifts for their method of movement and internal communications gear yet very few have the skills of repulsorlift operations, or communications, in their list of programmed skills

Also starfighters use repulsorlifts in atmosphere, rocket thrusters for maneuvering, military grade communications gear, and sensors which R2 units use all the time. Also on Geonosis R2-D2 was using built in rocket thruster to fly in that robot factory. So what was your point?

If we're going to go over this with a fine tooth comb I'd say what it boils down to is that it depends on what type of processor a droid has when the player creates it.

A droid with a basic processor can only use skills it has been programmed with.

A droid with a heuristic processor can learn on it's own and use skills it isn't programmed in.

For the gentleman that suggested changing the exoskeleton to a full fledged droid simply add

-Heuristic processor (the droid is able to use skills it is untrained in)

to the list of items the droid is equipped with
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Astromech Armored Exoskeleton Reply with quote

That pic is so creepy, it reminded me of this:

[/url]

R2-D2 has become Hector. The Apocalypse has begun. Shocked
RedKnight
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R2-Destroy you......i was hopeing some one would stat the beefy super doomsday R2.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:

Plenty of droids use repulsorlifts for their method of movement and internal communications gear yet very few have the skills of repulsorlift operations, or communications, in their list of programmed skills

Using a fighter's repulsorlift is still using the starfighter operation skill though. Not repulsorlift operations..

ForbinProject wrote:
Also starfighters use repulsorlifts in atmosphere, rocket thrusters for maneuvering, military grade communications gear, and sensors which R2 units use all the time. Also on Geonosis R2-D2 was using built in rocket thruster to fly in that robot factory. So what was your point?
That he needs to have that skill in his list..

ForbinProject wrote:

If we're going to go over this with a fine tooth comb I'd say what it boils down to is that it depends on what type of processor a droid has when the player creates it.

A droid with a basic processor can only use skills it has been programmed with.

A droid with a heuristic processor can learn on it's own and use skills it isn't programmed in.

In which case, if it has to learn on its own, doesn't that mean it needs CP to improve the skill (Or the owning PC to expend cash to improve it)? And what source even started the heuristic processor thing anyway? Yes i looked in the grys complete droid collection, and the only droids i saw that had a heuristic processor listed, were mostly combat droids, a litigant droid and the like. All class 4 or better.. Astromechs are class 2, so don't come with them generally.. Though iirc there was a 'named' R4 that got upgraded with one listed..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: