The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

remnants of the Ohnaka gang during the ABY era.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> remnants of the Ohnaka gang during the ABY era.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: remnants of the Ohnaka gang during the ABY era. Reply with quote

My current game I am running is set on a home rolled desert world in the Outer Rim. In the deserts of the planet are a group of Weequay that call themselves "The Tuskers". They terrorize people along the outskirts of civilization, getting by through raiding .

The players have just discovered that they are in fact a remnant of the old Ohnaka gang, marooned on this planet after the Clone Wars. Right now the characters are trying to track down one of the members who was identified stealing 10 tons of old style Nex-Cool II from a ship that just docked at the spaceport. The story goes that since the ship wasn't fully docked and landed, they legally committed piracy and the Empire got involved.

Anyway, the story is evolving that the leader of the pirates has nostalgic visions of "the old days", and the gang is secretly rebuilding an old capital ship to once again take to the spacelanes and separate folks from their valuables. At the same time, one of the things they found is an ancient weapon that uses a massive blue crystal to generate ion blasts. They want to incorporate it into their ship, but aren't sure how to do it.

The end game for the adventure could be that the characters along with some help will capture the pirate ship and it will be used by the rebellion. The tentative plot idea for the weird blue crystal is that I am going to hint that the rebels take it to a secret important location to build a super ion cannon, especially because it will work really well in the cold...

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting premise, sir. And it reminded me: although the following is still BBY, it's tangentially relevant:

ShootingWomprats and I have incorporated a reference to the Ohnaka Gang into the Droids animated series sourcebook,
due to the similarity of their symbol to that of the Droids cartoon's Pirates of the Tarnoonga.

I reference the Ohnaka Gang in Gir Kybo Ren-Cha's write up as follows:

"Lastly, it is rumored that the Pirates of Tarnoonga are built upon the foundation of the infamous Ohnaka Gang. Some say that Ren-Cha staged a coup and seized control of the band of raiders by force, while others believe that Hondo Ohnaka willingly stepped down at its leader, for Ohnaka himself would later attribute the loss of his gang only to “the Empire.” Whatever the truth, if indeed the Pirates of Tarnoonga arose from the ashes of the Ohanka Gang, it appears that the largely Weequay membership has given way to a far more diverse, but equally motley crew of scoundrels and miscreants, with a variation of the Ohnaka Gang’s old emblem all that remains of the group’s feared Clone Wars era iteration."
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the Droids series as a kid, mostly because it expanded on the Star Wars universe at a time when it seemed entirely possible that there would be no more Star Wars movies made (although I would joke as a teenager in the early 90s that Lucas started with episode IV so he could go back and make I-III with different actors). My 4 year old and I actually started watching the series the other day, and we watch it off and on. Good to see someone else reference it.
I will have to add a reference to "Ren-Cha's mutiny" and that being why the Weequay are stuck on the planet. There could even be a revenge element. Thanks for the Droids tie in.

bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to the end of this adventure and used a cut scene as the closing point to the story. I described how the clone wars era frigate landed on an ice planet. Technicians carefully loaded the swirling blue and violet crystal onto a repulsor sled and headed toward the far side of their base. As they secured the crystal into the lower housing of the massive ion cannon, one of the techs says " If our calculations are correct, this thing will be powerful enough to fry a star destroyer". The other tech replies with a disappointed tone "yeah, but you know it's not like the empire will find us here on Hoth before the high command has us pack up and move again".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: