The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Tantive IV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Tantive IV Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Tantive IV Reply with quote

So.. Does anyone know if the Tantav IV, leia's ship from the beginning of ANH was captured by the empire and kept, or was it destroyed?
What of the troops that were captured. Do you think post ESB they would still be languishing in an Imperial prison.?
kalamaro
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: the Tantive IV Reply with quote

according wookipedia , that ship was destroyed and the crew killed......remember Vader's orders in episode IV
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's called the Tantive IV, not the Tantav IV. Razz

Also, Wookieepedia doesn't mention the captured crew in the Tantive IV article, so we don't know their fate, either captured or executed. And we do see several captured Rebel crewmen/soldiers being led away, along with a couple of astromechs (an R2 and an R4), but I don't think anyone knows what happened to them after that.

Not to mention that it would have been really short-sighted of Vader to Kill 'Em All instead of interrogating the captured crew. It would have been hit or miss if any of the crew who weren't stationed on the bridge of the Tantive IV knew the location of Yavin Base, but Vader killing Captain Antilles (who most certainly did know Base One's location) was really short-sighted of him. But as Rogue One showed, Vader was plenty pissed at the time (and for good reason: lying to the Sith Lord's face will have that effect) so it's not surprising that Vader (a notorious stoic) lost control at that moment. One would think that anyone on the bridge crew (helmsmen and navigators and such) who did know of Base One's location killed themselves before they could be interrogated. Captain Antilles was likely caught before he could do so, so he taunted Vader into killing him.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: the Tantive IV Reply with quote

kalamaro wrote:
according wookipedia , that ship was destroyed and the crew killed......remember Vader's orders in episode IV

Welcome to the Pit, kalamaro!

Quote:
Send a distress signal, and then inform the Senate that all aboard were killed.

It's not explicit in the film they were actually killed, but it certainly is implied. Just like how Jedha City was destroyed in a "mining accident."
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
kalamaro
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the welcome.

it's crazy the number of accident during the empire.... Shocked

for the tantive, i looking for deeply and i found nothing, so you can do anything, you can créate a rescue ou slavage adventure with in the mind this thing : if the empire now anything suppect around it, they release their wrath at maximum power
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this years Origins, our group is looking to do a seminar to honor Carrie fisher, and one of the plotlines tossed around (i am left to develop) was "what if the tantive IV was not destroyed, but just captured and langishes in an imp dry dock somewhere.. Or the prisoners who we saw being led off, are still in an imperial prison... That's why i was looking to see if anyone knew anything concrete on it or not.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it was dismantled and melted down so they could make the big plate on the Death Star that read "The Force is my copilot, and we're cruising for *****."
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
I heard it was dismantled and melted down so they could make the big plate on the Death Star that read "The Force is my copilot, and we're cruising for *****."

The problem with that is the Imperials don't even believe in the Force, so how could it be their co-pilot?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I thought the Tantive was destroyed with all hands and a distress signal sent out about a meteor swarm/storm. Not sure where I remember that from. Hell could be from the novel. I read that forty years ago!
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
For some reason I thought the Tantive was destroyed with all hands and a distress signal sent out about a meteor swarm/storm. Not sure where I remember that from. Hell could be from the novel. I read that forty years ago!

That's what the Imperials want you to think! Shocked
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's your game. Make up the fate of the Tantive IV and crew that works for your games. Let's be honest, trying to keep your campaign canon at this point is going to become increasingly weird in the days of Disney.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any reason why you can't have it be a plot point what happened to it. The evidence on-screen for its fate is somewhat circumstantial, and if it makes a better story, the ultimate fate of the Tantive IV isn't that huge... far bigger to blow up the Death Star early, or have Han Solo lose the Falcon than "This ship we saw in the first ten minutes of one movie wasn't ACTUALLY destroyed, it was just taken to another place with its prisoners."
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1). "Tear this ship apart", is most likely angry hyperbole for "conduct a very thorough search" for plans that were almost immediately discovered to no longer be on the ship anyway.

2). A false distress signal accompanied by a message that all aboard were killed is not the same as the ship actually being destroyed.

3). That being said, the Devastator departed Tatooine very soon after capturing the Tantive IV and went straight to the Death Star, which would've made an ideal place to stash a "destroyed" ship, by tucking it away in its deep storage bays.

I think it likely that the Tantive was inside the Death Star when it blew up. So unless the PCs are escaping from the Death Star, I think its survival is unlikely. YMMV.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
3). That being said, the Devastator departed Tatooine very soon after capturing the Tantive IV and went straight to the Death Star, which would've made an ideal place to stash a "destroyed" ship, by tucking it away in its deep storage bays.

I think it likely that the Tantive IV was inside the Death Star when it blew up. So unless the PCs are escaping from the Death Star, I think its survival is unlikely. YMMV.

Or perhaps the Tantive IV was never transferred to the Death Star at all and was instead piloted to an Imperial shipyard where it was salvaged for spare parts and materials like the Empire was doing to those Y-wings at Reclam Station during the Rebels Season 3 Episode "Steps into Shadow".

Or perhaps (and this is Legends continuity because it's no longer canon that Corellian Corvettes serve in the Imperial Navy as we saw in the Tie Fighter video game), the Empire had a talk with the Bureau of Ships and Services, gave the Tantive IV a new transponder and voila! a new ship for the Imperial Starfleet.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:

Or perhaps (and this is Legends continuity because it's no longer canon that Corellian Corvettes serve in the Imperial Navy as we saw in the Tie Fighter video game), the Empire had a talk with the Bureau of Ships and Services, gave the Tantive IV a new transponder and voila! a new ship for the Imperial Starfleet.

"Sir, we are being fired upon by an Imperial Corelian corvette.. Transponder ID lists it as the Coruscant dream, but the engine's unique humm makes it seem like the tantive IV.. "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: