The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Czerka T-99 “Rebuker” Light Repeating Slugthrower Rifle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Czerka T-99 “Rebuker” Light Repeating Slugthrower Rifle Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Czerka T-99 “Rebuker” Light Repeating Slugthrower Rifle Reply with quote

I need a big slugthrower rifle for a fanfic I'm working on, and this is what I came up with. I also want to make it available to players, so please help me make this fair and balanced. This is my rough draft, by no means a finished product:

Model: Czerka T-99 “Rebuker”
Type: Light Repeating Slugthrower Rifle
Scale: Character
Skill: Firearms: slugthrower rifle
Ammo: 24
Cost: 850 (ammo clip: 50)
Availability: 2, R
Body: 4D (125 cm length)
Fire Rate: 1 (single) or 3 (repeating)
Range: 3-30/100/300 (single) or 3-20/75/200 (repeating)
Damage: 6D+1 (4D+1 against targets wearing Space Age body armor.)
Game Notes: This weapon is a heavy, large-caliber slugthrower and cannot be wielded unassisted by characters with less than 3D Strength. This rifle is equipped with both a single shot mode and a light repeating mode. On repeating mode, the weapon actually fires three slugs per shot instead of one. Despite the fact that this weapon has a recoil suppressor, the character must brace the gun against something (such as an armpit) or it will fly out of their hands and land 1D meters away on the first shot. In repeating mode, once a hit has been established, all following shots against nearby (1 meter) targets are reduced by one difficulty level. It also features a standard night vision/infrared scope (+2D to Firearms in the dark) and a long stock. If the stock and scope are used for one round of aiming, the character receives an additional +1D to Firearms for the next shot.

Several aftermarket parts have been manufactured by Czerka and other companies for this weapon. Available for sale are the following:

Ammo:
- explosive slugs (+1D damage against hard armor; regular damage against soft armor or bare flesh)
- fragmentation or expanding slugs (+1D to damage against soft armor or flesh)
- armor-piercing slugs (-1D+1 armor piercing, the slug then does its regular damage—6D+1—rather than the 4D+1 against targets wearing Space Age armor)

Other:
- bayonets
- advanced sighting scope with rangefinder, as well as night vision, infrared, ultraviolet, motion detection, magnification, and other vision modes (+1D+2 to Firearms for single shots taken at medium or long range)
- several sizes of expanded ammo clips and drums (48- or 75-round clips; 96- or 192-round drums)
- laser sight (+1D to Firearms for shots taken at close range)
- flashlight attachment (range of 50 meters [+1D to Firearms in the dark])
- tripod with telescoping legs (eliminates the need for bracing the gun and gives +1p to Firearms when used in single shot mode)

Last edited by Error on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:25 am; edited 2 times in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. BUT if you want a big bore gun, how's about these!

Code:
God gun

The God Gun, is the largest bore/caliber slug sniper rifle in existence. The Tirchtuans, on the core world planet of Varyr, made it while that planet was still pre-space age. With the coming of the old republic, the weapon went into obscurity, until 30 years before Yavin. Interest was shown in it as a hunting rifle by many different planets, and it resurged in popularity. 3 years before Yavin, the empire put a curtail on the weapon's ownership and use, as it could feasibly be used to damage their land based interests, but those who already owned it, were 'Grand-fathered'. In the early rebellion days, some owners saw that 3 dozen of these found their way into the hands of the few freedom fighters that were in the Core systems. Only 33 are still in use by rebel alliance operatives.
In the time frame after Endor, many of the 33 that were owned, were mothballed, in favor of high power laser rifles, and other items, but some Die-hard firearm users still like them, for their punch.

Type: Big game sniper rifle
Scale; character*
Skill: firearms; sniper rifle
Ammo: single shot bolt action, 5 round clip on side
Cost: 4000 credits.  Ammo See below
Availability: 2F or R
Damage: 5d+2
Range: 50-750/1.5km/2.25km
Recoil: +10 without bipod, +5 with.
Note: requires strength 3d+2 to use without damage to self.  For each Pip less, user
Takes 2 damage (i.e. 1D+1 Str less than needed, 2D+2 damage taken).
Scope adds +2D to shots taken at medium range or greater, 1D+1 at short range. Recoil suppressor stock adds +1D to strength rating for usage purpose only. If used against someone within the minimum range, damage goes up to 7D, but to hit goes up by 2 categories.
Additional Ammo types:
Armor piercing (AP). Less range but ignores scale capping for walker and speeders. If used against character scale targets, ignores 2D of armor protection.
Explosive (EX). Same range as normal, but does 6D damage with a 10-foot radius (1-3/6D, 4-6/5D, 7-8/3D, 9-10/2D).
Willie-mikes (WM). These are 'fire rounds', containing a volatile mixture of white phosphorous, magnesium, sodium and cadmium. It causes 8D damage in a 3ft radius, and burns for 7 rounds, dropping 1 D of damage each round. Anyone looking at the target area when it initially explodes whom DOES NOT have flash suppression goggles on, will be blinded for 2D6 minutes, and has a 25% of being permanently blinded.

Longtom M866
The Longtom Mark5 is the second most powerful commercially available, sniper rifle. It is the most common rifle used by Core world hunters, and some assassins. Similar to the God Gun, it is a single shot, bolt action, but has the advantage that it can be broken down into 5 parts and stored in a small suitcase. It is the most common for 'technologically impaired' rebel snipers for use.

Type: High caliber hunting rifle
Scale: character*
Skill: firearms; sniper rifle
Ammo: single shot bolt action.  5 round clip on side
Cost: 2500 credits.  Ammo See below
Availability: 2F
Damage: 5d
Range: 20-500/1km/2km
Fire rate: 1
Recoil: +3 with bipod, +8 without
Notes: 3d minimum strength to use without hurting self

Heavy machine guns and assault rifles
Code:
Assault rifle (M-16, AK-47, SPS-119)
Type: assault rifle slug thrower
Scale: character
Skill: firearms; automatic weapons
Ammo: 30 or 36 round clips
Cost: 2500 credits.  Bullets- 500 per box 150 rounds.   Spare clips 200 credits
Availability: 3R or X
Damage: 5d+1 base
Range: 10/80/160/250
Fire rate: 6 single/3 bursts or FA
Recoil: Single +5, Bursts +10, FA +15.  If using bipod 0/+5/+10
Notes: requires Str 2d+2 to use without damage to self

Machine guns.
Light Machine Gun (SAW)
Model:  Mossaqqed industries Light Infantry Support Weapon HU-X2C.
Type;  Light infantry rapid fire support Slugthrower.
Scale:  Character.
Skill:  Firearms (s) automatic weapons.
Ammo:  Belt fed with either 50, 100 or 200 round belts.  Optional 200 round box.
Cost:  800 credits.  Ammo – 390 credits for a 200 round box.  Spare barrel – 200 credits.
Availability:  3R or X (deep core).
Damage:  5d+1 base (6d+1 burst)
Fire rate: 3 burst (3 round) or Full auto.
Range:  10-100/200/400
Recoil value:  +7 for burst without bipod +2 with bipod.  +17 for Full auto without support or bipod, +12 with bipod. 
Notes:  Requires 2d+1 minimum strength to use unaided.  If using on a hard point or bipod 1d+1 strength is good enough.  Also takes 2 full rounds to switch out ammo if using 200 round box.

Medium Machine Gun (M-60 AK-83 etc)
Model:  Hfinakl industries Infantry Support Weapon IC-808a.
Type:  Medium Infantry Support Slugthrower.
Scale:  Character.
Skill:  Firearms (s) automatic weapons.
Ammo:  Belt fed.  Uses either a 150 round Drum or 200 round Box.
Cost:  1050 credits.  Ammo – 435 credits for 200 round box, or 385 credits for 150 round drum.  Spare barrel – 290 credits.
Availability:  3R or X (core).
Damage:  5d+2 base (6d+2 burst)
Fire rate:  4 burst (3 round) or full auto.
Range:  10/150/300/450
Recoil value:  +10 for burst without support/bipod.  +5 with bipod, +0 if using tripod.  Add 10 for full automatic.
Notes:  Requires 2d+2 strength to use without bipod or support.  1d+2 with bipod.  No minimum strength for use when on tripod or using a hard point mount.  Takes 3 rounds for an ammo box switch out

Heavy machine guns (SAW, M60, .50)
Type: Belt fed heavy slug thrower
Scale: Character
Skill: firearms; automatic weapons
Ammo: 50 round belts
Cost: 4500 credits.  350 per 100 round belt
Availability: 3R or X
Damage: 6d base for bursts
Range: 10-150/300/500
Fire rate: 4 bursts, FB
Recoil: Burst +5 (0 with bipod or tripod), FB +25 (+15 with bipod, +5 with tripod or hard mount)
Notes: requires 3d  strength to use with Bipod or less.  2d If has tripod or hard mounted

give me a bit and i can post a link to the thread that has my full auto, spray and recoil rules..
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is A thread covering my Spray rules

This one has the full auto rules
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all pretty sweet. I would like to stay away from earth weapons if I can, since slugthrowers are different than guns (I just recently learned this.)

As long as the stats looks decent as written (I changed them up a bit just now and reorganized) then I think I'm good to go.

However, I have some questions regarding slugs themselves that anyone (not just you, garhkal) is free to answer:

There are exploding slugs, but are there such things as fragmentation or expanding slugs? Or even slugs that are radioactive? I imagine they would feature a protective jacket so the user—or anyone else who handles the rounds—would not be exposed to the radiation. This jacket would be blown off when the round is fired so the target would get the full dose.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
fragmentation or expanding slugs? Or even slugs that are radioactive? I imagine they would feature a protective jacket so the user—or anyone else who handles the rounds—would not be exposed to the radiation. This jacket would be blown off when the round is fired so the target would get the full dose.

Fragmentation or expanding slugs. Not that i have seen wrote up..

Radioactive, YES!!! If someone shot by said bullet takes at least a wound, then he suffers a further wound each round the bullet's in him.. NASTY buggers!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radioactive bullets. That's like the silver nitrate bullets or the UV bullets from the first Underworld movie with Kate Beckinsale. Nasty buggers, indeed.

Just FYI, the latest Underworld movie (Underworld: Blood Wars) came out last month and a sixth film is in production.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Radioactive bullets. That's like the silver nitrate bullets or the UV bullets from the first Underworld movie with Kate Beckinsale. Nasty buggers, indeed.

Just FYI, the latest Underworld movie (Underworld: Blood Wars) came out last month and a sixth film is in production.

Was Blood Wars any good? I'm hesitant to give Kate Beckinsale any of my money because I think she comes across as extremely arrogant, but I do like some of the films in the Underworld series.

Also, guys, it's slugs we're talking here, not bullets. (There's a difference!)
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen Blood Wars yet. I hadn't even heard it was out until I remembered to check last night. Truth be told, I was more interested in John Wick: Chapter 2, which I saw last week and it was awesome.

I liked the Underworld movies, but it seems they've been slowly but steadily decreasing in quality the longer the franchise goes on. While the first three were good to ok, Awakening (the fourth movie) was bleh. So I might wait until Blood Wars comes oout on blu-ray as it's been a month and a half since it came out and I might not find it in the theaters anymore now.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what sequel was surprisingly entertaining? As in a good popcorn flick? Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. It was much more in the vein of the original Predator movies in that there was only one, and he was a badass. I agree with the critics in that there weren't really any new ideas, but the rehash was adequate in this case (unlike with SW VII...)
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
Those are all pretty sweet. I would like to stay away from earth weapons if I can, since slugthrowers are different than guns (I just recently learned this.)

I'd be very hesitant to take Wookieepedia's word for this without knowing exactly where they got it from. There are multiple uses of slugthrowers in the various WEG books, and none of them use energy sheath tech apart from the bowcaster. I'm disinclined to change up standardized weapons terminology just because some Visual Guide contributor pulled an idea out of his @$$ without bothering to check as to whether or not it was already in use.

Remember, Wookieepedia is not an authoritative source; it's a just a place where information on the SWU is sorted and dumped in a pile for you to sort through on your own. YMMV.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Error wrote:

I'd be very hesitant to take Wookieepedia's word for this without knowing exactly where they got it from. There are multiple uses of slugthrowers in the various WEG books, and none of them use energy sheath tech apart from the bowcaster. I'm disinclined to change up standardized weapons terminology just because some Visual Guide contributor pulled an idea out of his @$$ without bothering to check as to whether or not it was already in use.

Remember, Wookieepedia is not an authoritative source; it's a just a place where information on the SWU is sorted and dumped in a pile for you to sort through on your own. YMMV.

This post from Zarn is where I was told that slugthrowers were not simply guns as I assumed.

I also really have no issue differentiating slugthrower weapons from true firearms in my games as it adds an entire list of awesome weapons (the true firearms and derived) from the ones we have IRL, and surely there is a world or more out there in the SWU which uses advanced firearms still. So they would still be available to PC's.

I am always careful when I take info from Wookieepedia. The thing is, even though it has the occasional error in it, it's the best source on most of this stuff we have (aside from reading through ALL former EU material on our own [I won't be participating in that]). We're kind of stuck with it and if a specific reference needs to be tracked down, their citation system is fairly functional.

You know what else would be sweet? Rail guns. As in character-scale rail guns. No gunpowder, no flash of blaster smoke, just a quiet FOOOMP sound and the projectile is en route, traveling at Mach 7. Plus, rail guns with full-auto capabilities would be absolutely insane. Has anyone tackled them as a concept or attempted to do a write-up on them? As it stands, I think personal-scale railguns are the wave of the future, after the technical issues are dealt with.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my point. As someone who HAS read all the WEG material, as well as a good portion of the rest of the EU, I can tell you that the concept of slugthrowers was largely that of conventional, bullet-shooting weapons like modern firearms. The exceptions, like the bowcaster, are few and far between, and are specifically noted as diferent.

I read the Wookieepedia article from Zarn's link, and while it says what it says, nowhere does it cite a specific source as to why. Even if it did, it would likely be a single apocryphal reference against the preponderance of an EU that is notoriously contradictory in the first place.

Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
That's my point. As someone who HAS read all the WEG material, as well as a good portion of the rest of the EU, I can tell you that the concept of slugthrowers was largely that of conventional, bullet-shooting weapons like modern firearms. The exceptions, like the bowcaster, are few and far between, and are specifically noted as diferent.

I read the Wookieepedia article from Zarn's link, and while it says what it says, nowhere does it cite a specific source as to why. Even if it did, it would likely be a single apocryphal reference against the preponderance of an EU that is notoriously contradictory in the first place.

So what I'm gather is that you're of the mind that slugs as anything other than bullets is hogwash. Yeah, me too.

Still wouldn't change the idea of slugs as described on Wookieepedia being appealing to a given GM though. But you and I have always agreed on GM autonomy.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's a cool idea, and Rogue One shows it isn't just limited to Wookiee bowcasters.

If you're interested, I've done stat conversions for some of the weapons from Warhammer 40,000, as cool alternatives to blasters. I've done Bolters, Auto-Guns, Needlers and Shuriken Catapults, all of which would be useful in their own ways against a Jedi.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:

So what I'm gather is that you're of the mind that slugs as anything other than bullets is hogwash. Yeah, me too.

Still wouldn't change the idea of slugs as described on Wookieepedia being appealing to a given GM though. But you and I have always agreed on GM autonomy.

From the early days of WEG, "Slug-throwers" meant firearms..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: