The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Galaxy Guide 13 by Eric Trautmann, writer of GG6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Galaxy Guide 13 by Eric Trautmann, writer of GG6 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustflier wrote:
Yes, once I saw what was actually here in "Tools," I realized what I had been missing.

I don't want to rock the boat, but perhaps this subforum could use an addendum to the title? Maybe "Tools & Fan Sourcebooks" or something in that vein?

I do feel rather silly, but at the same time, looked all over for this sort of content. I can't be the only one getting lost.

Don't worry about it. When Gandalf returns we'll look into making things a little easier to find and navigate. Change is very slow.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dustflier wrote:
Anyway, about the thread topic: this .pdf is seriously well done. I wonder if Trautmann is familiar with the other fan-made supplements and galaxy guides that have been made.

Dean (of the TORIS site, though I cannot recall his rancorpit username at the moment), who is also working with us on the Rogue One Galaxy Guide, has said that he had briefly collaborated with Eric Trautmann in the past, and so he has some exposure at least -- though maybe not to the SW d6 explosion of the last few years. Ebertran had also shared the link in the g+ group and Trautmann chimed in there, and so, he might also be at least somewhat aware.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baze Malbus sheet complete.
Dustflier
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:

Dean (of the TORIS site, though I cannot recall his rancorpit username at the moment), who is also working with us on the Rogue One Galaxy Guide, has said that he had briefly collaborated with Eric Trautmann in the past, and so he has some exposure at least -- though maybe not to the SW d6 explosion of the last few years. Ebertran had also shared the link in the g+ group and Trautmann chimed in there, and so, he might also be at least somewhat aware.

Oh, cool! Thanks for the info.
WillTasker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so cool! Any chance we'll get to see Orson Krennic? Or planetary updates?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillTasker wrote:
This is so cool! Any chance we'll get to see Orson Krennic? Or planetary updates?

Womp Rat Press is currently working on GG 18: Rogue One. All the planets and characters, etc, etc will be in it. In fact Orson is done =)
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so loving my image importable character sheets that Mr. Gone made for me. It's sooooo damn nice to take a picture file from the internet for any of my characters and use them in my character sheets. It's particularly useful for copying the stats of movie characters. 8)

So how much longer until Rogue One and rebels Season 2 are out, Shootingwomprats?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
So how much longer until Rogue One and rebels Season 2 are out, Shootingwomprats?

At this time SWre2 is done. We are having trouble finalizing a wrap cover for it.

GG: Rogue One has over 140+ characters to be stat'd. Other than the odd item here or there, the basic information is done, except for characters, which I think are about half done. Once that is complete we need to start putting the book together. Figuring out chapters and fluff text. Its much more than just slapping some stats together. My guess is we are still looking at possibly one month before stating is done. Maybe another few weeks for figuring out layout for the book. Once that is done, we need to find someone willing to do layout. Figure another few weeks to a month for that. All told, maybe 2-3 months or more before its released.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
GG: Rogue One has over 140+ characters to be stat'd. Other than the odd item here or there, the basic information is done, except for characters, which I think are about half done. Once that is complete we need to start putting the book together. Figuring out chapters and fluff text. Its much more than just slapping some stats together. My guess is we are still looking at possibly one month before stating is done. Maybe another few weeks for figuring out layout for the book. Once that is done, we need to find someone willing to do layout. Figure another few weeks to a month for that. All told, maybe 2-3 months or more before its released.

Really looking forward to it!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
shootingwomprats wrote:

Really looking forward to it!

+1.

It's gonna be hard to wait another 3 months for GG18:Rogue One but having Rebels Season 2 will make that wait alot easier. 8) (Not to mention that around the end of February I should finally be getting my Deluxe Edition of Exalted 3rd Edition after waiting almost four years for it.)
WillTasker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
WillTasker wrote:

Womp Rat Press is currently working on GG 18: Rogue One. All the planets and characters, etc, etc will be in it. In fact Orson is done =)

I have no idea what Womp Rat Press is but by God, I'll support them in whatever they do if they're churning out Sourcebooks. (I assume they do online PDFs and not "physical books". After all, I remember that horrible "Another Hope" novel in 2005 that Lucasfilm put their legal thumb on...)
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the SWD6 fanbooks made, the Womp Rat Press guys take their work very seriously, which is why their stuff is soooo much better than some of the crap out there. Take the (non-Womp Rat Press) fanmade books GG:14 Dark Side Sourcebook and The Dark Times fanbook. Both of those books had great potential with great ideas for a SWD6 game, but they're so riddled with grammatical errors that they're literally painful to read because you're wincing every other line of text because of all the grammar errors and run-on sentences that make these potentially great books into total drek.

Last edited by Sutehp on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am familiar with the GG14: The Dark Side Sourcebook. But The Dark Times fanbook? Where can I find that? Just curious about it, that's all.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent, Forceally. When you read it, you'll know the reason why I sent the PM. Smile
deano
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telsij wrote:
Dustflier wrote:
Anyway, about the thread topic: this .pdf is seriously well done. I wonder if Trautmann is familiar with the other fan-made supplements and galaxy guides that have been made.

It's Deano Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: