The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

NR-5 vs WED 15 Treadwell Droid comparison
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> NR-5 vs WED 15 Treadwell Droid comparison Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: NR-5 vs WED 15 Treadwell Droid comparison Reply with quote

Ok, so I want to do a comparison for these two droids.

WED 15 Treadwell
Type: Cybot Galactica WED 15 Treadwell Droid
DEXTERITY 2D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
Languages: droid languages 4D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 3D
Search 3D+1
STRENGTH 1D
TECHNICAL 2D
Computer programming/repair 4D+2, machinery repair 6D, repulsorlift repair 4D, space transports repair 4D+1, starfighter repair 5D+1
Equipped With:
-Video sensor
-Dual-tread locomotion
-Fine manipulator arms (+1D to repair skills)
-Extensible video microbinoculars (+2D to search for microscale work)
-Various tools
-Cybot acoustic signaler (droid languages)
Move: 8
Size: 1.6 meters
Cost: 650 (used)
Source: Platt’s Smugglers Guide (page 62), Galaxy Guide 7 – Mos Eisley (pages 59-60), The DarkStryder Campaign - Boxed Set (page 86)
Relevant stats: space transports repair total: 5D+1 & Cost: 650 credits (used)

NR-5 Maintenance Droid
Type: Kalibac Industries NR-5 Maintenace Droid
DEXTERITY 1D
Dodge 1D+2
KNOWLEDGE 1D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 1D
STRENGTH 1D
TECHNICAL 1D
Computer programming/repair 4D, security 2D, space
transports repair 3D
Equipped With:
-Visual photoreceptor (human range, infrared, ultra-violet)
-Kalibac Mechro-II brain
-Wide-band comm receptors
-Retractable heavy grasper arm (+1D to lifting)
-Retractable fine manipulator arm
-Treads
Move: 3
Size: 0.7 meters
Cost: 2,200 (new)
Source: Cynabar’s Fantastic Technology – Droids (page 67), Galladinium’s Fantastic Technology (page 25), Platt’s Smugglers Guide (page 60), Arms and Equipment Guide (page 51)
Relevant stats: space transports repair total: 3D & Cost: 2,200 credits (used)

So my question is this: Why would any light freighter captain who had the means to buy either droid pay more to get the NR-5 when it only has 3D space transports repair while the Treadwell costs almost 1/4 the price of the NR-5 and yet has 5D+1 space transports repair, especially when the NR-5 is billed as being an improvement over the Treadwell in multiple books??

Did Gry Sarth goof here? Shocked
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can see is that the NR-5 seems severely under-statted. It's common for droids to have 25D, right? The WED15 has 27D+2 (not counting the bonus from the fine manipulator arms or the microbinoculars). The NR-5 has 12D+2... 13D+2 if you count the bonus from the lifting arm. Either it's got a lot of capacity not detailed, or it's just a piece of bantha poodoo.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR the source books he copied the stats from were the one's who goofed.
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
The only thing I can see is that the NR-5 seems severely under-statted. It's common for droids to have 25D, right? The WED15 has 27D+2 (not counting the bonus from the fine manipulator arms or the microbinoculars). The NR-5 has 12D+2... 13D+2 if you count the bonus from the lifting arm. Either it's got a lot of capacity not detailed, or it's just a piece of bantha poodoo.

Sounds to me that the NR-5 can be upgraded 12-13D in custom improvements tailored to the needs of the individual owner.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:

garhkal wrote:
OR the source books he copied the stats from were the one's who goofed.

Heh, it's probably both at once.

ForbinProject wrote:
Sounds to me that the NR-5 can be upgraded 12-13D in custom improvements tailored to the needs of the individual owner.

Now that is something I can get behind. I like the look of the NR-5 more than the WED15, so if it can be customized with another 13D skill dice, that would be a very nice addition for my smuggler character....
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

^ I'm with this motherf*cker.

EDIT: By the way, one of you guys needs to change avatars. Roll for it if you like, but I actually have to pause and read who you are which is a gargantuan timesuck, like, my dudes, moments of MY LIFE, and is in essence a microcosm which imitates our real-life plights to "save time," in the most literal sense of all: prolonging death as much as we conceivably can...

No for serious though.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error wrote:
ForbinProject wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

^ I'm with this motherf*cker.

Yeah, I'm thinking of trying to stat out my NR-5 with 13D skill points and seeing where that takes me.

Error wrote:
EDIT: By the way, one of you guys needs to change avatars. Roll for it if you like, but I actually have to pause and read who you are which is a gargantuan timesuck, like, my dudes, moments of MY LIFE, and is in essence a microcosm which imitates our real-life plights to "save time," in the most literal sense of all: prolonging death as much as we conceivably can...

No for serious though.

ROFL! Mr. Green
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're easy to tell apart. Sutehp is taller than me.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
We're easy to tell apart. Sutehp is taller than me.

More like my pic is a close-up and Forbin's isn't. In Real Life (TM), I'm only 5'7, not that tall at all. On the plus side, I'm the same height as Mark Hamill. Mr. Green
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
More like my pic is a close-up and Forbin's isn't. In Real Life (TM), I'm only 5'7, not that tall at all. On the plus side, I'm the same height as Mark Hamill. Mr. Green

I must still be intimidated by your Imperial awesomeness cuz I always thought you were taller than me. Smile
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:

Aren't you a little short for an Imperial Royal Guard?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:

ForbinProject wrote:
I must still be intimidated by your Imperial awesomeness cuz I always thought you were taller than me. Smile

Well, I have no idea if I'm taller than you because I don't know how tall you are. Laughing

Whill wrote:
Aren't you a little short for an Imperial Royal Guard?

ROFLMAO! I love this place, I think I've found me a home. 8)
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Sutehp wrote:

ForbinProject wrote:

Well, I have no idea if I'm taller than you because I don't know how tall you are. Laughing

In Real Life (TM) 6ft, but in SWU I thought all of us IRG troopers were clones.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That funny quip made me actually thing.. IS there any established height requirements FOR storm troopers??
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
That funny quip made me actually thing.. IS there any established height requirements FOR storm troopers??

You mean, in-universe? It sounds strange on the face of it, but we've never a short stormtrooper anywhere in the movies, or any of the visual media, have we?

Maybe they drive all the short guys crazy with all the hazing at the Imperial Stormtrooper Academy so they become psychotic and then all these short, psychotic stormtrooper candidates then get dumped onto CompForce?

Actually, considering what CRMcNeill has written in his COMPNOR essay, they probably already have done that.

Rules of Engagement: The Rebels SpecForce Handbook, p.96 wrote:
CompForce troopers don't shoot straight and don't care about anything but shooting and being called "shortie." Seriously, that sh!t pisses them off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: