The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

BoSS Registration Interactive PDF (and other sheets)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> BoSS Registration Interactive PDF (and other sheets)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: BoSS Registration Interactive PDF (and other sheets) Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys have heard of Mr. Gone, but he's done alot of good work making PDF files of RPG sheets for years now and if you're interested, his website can be found here. He and I have been corresponding over email for several years now and he's done some great work on creating custom RPG character sheets for me. Even though he and I have never met in person, I like to consider him a good friend of mine (and I flatter myself to think the feeling is mutual).

In fact, he just got finished with a WEG Star Wars sheet request I made of him in November. Those of you who have Platt's Starport's guide will remember on pages 12 and 13 the BoSS License sheet, for registering your character's ship with the Bureau of Ships and Services. I am happy to announce that he has just given me the interactive copy of this PDF, complete not only with fillable text lines but the picture boxes are able to import image files, so you can put pics of both your character and your ship on the Boss Registration Sheet.

The link to my BoSS sheet is here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9UuUWWH6CiaFc5S1I1bWhfc1k/view?usp=sharing

Also, I've requested that Mr Gone also prepare the SWD6 REUP character sheet to have the picture square likewise be image file importable. With luck, that, as well as an image importable ship sheet, should be available within a few days. An interactive/text fillable version without the image importability of both these sheets are already in my Google Docs folder if you want them.

There are a few other assorted non-SWU goodies in the folder as well. Feel free to DL what you like.

If there are any issues with my Google Docs (and there might be, I'm still trying to learn it), feel free to PM me or post here.

Last edited by Sutehp on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm experimenting with the link, but this should be the link for my filled-in BoSS sheet for my smuggler character, just so's you all can see what it looks like after it's filled in:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By9UuUWWH6CieFQxcHBucVVZSDg/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Also, just emailed Mr. Gone. The Ship and Vehicle sheets with image files being importable should be ready on Sunday.
Treefrog
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gone is the best when it comes to Customizable WoD character sheets. I've been a connoisseur of his VtM, WtA, MtAs, and WtO character sheets since before 2000. Hell, I've created a couple of mini splatbooks that he's put up on his site.

Its good to see him branching out into other rpg genres.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Thanks to you and Mr Gone for sharing this.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treefrog wrote:
Mr. Gone is the best when it comes to Customizable WoD character sheets. I've been a connoisseur of his VtM, WtA, MtAs, and WtO character sheets since before 2000. Hell, I've created a couple of mini splatbooks that he's put up on his site.

Its good to see him branching out into other rpg genres.

The man knows his stuff, that's for sure. While we've never met in the flesh, he and I have collaborated on a few customized Classic WoD sheets over the years, namely for the non-Garou shapeshifters for Werewolf: the Apocalypse. I'm sure the guy is constantly being bombarded with requests, but he was nice enough to give priority to this BoSS sheet when I asked him to work on it. (Although in restrospect, I probably should have asked him to change the "Reason for Permit" entry to two lines instead of just the one. Even the single line of text for "Frequent travel through upatrolled sectors in Outer Rim Territories" looks ridiculously tiny for so relatively few words.)

But yeah, we worked together so closely those projects that I once promised I'd buy him and his wife a drink if I ever got to meet them in person.

I don't realistically expect I'll ever get to meet them, but if it should happen, I intend to keep that promise.

Bren wrote:
Very nice. Thanks to you and Mr Gone for sharing this.

Thank you. I just wish I had a wider way to distribute the download of it than just my Google Docs. Asking Mr Gone to host a character sheet like this on his website feels like favoritism...and truth be told, I think he's already stretched his hosting ability on his website to the limit anyway.

Ah well. We do what we can with what we've got.
Random_Axe
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp, your first link goes to a PDF of the Boss sheet, but it isn't interactive. And your second link (to your completed sheet) seems to be secured and won't open for me. Any issues with the page?

EDIT: Ah, had to download the first page to my drive before it would go interactive. The second link however is still blocked.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this Sutehp..
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random_Axe wrote:
Sutehp, your first link goes to a PDF of the Boss sheet, but it isn't interactive. And your second link (to your completed sheet) seems to be secured and won't open for me. Any issues with the page?

EDIT: Ah, had to download the first page to my drive before it would go interactive. The second link however is still blocked.

I'll check this again. It might be in one of my non-public folders, but the individual link I posted should work regardless....

EDIT: Try this link now, Random, it should work: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By9UuUWWH6CiRzhBSEFkdEpodEE

garhkal wrote:
Thanks for doing this, Sutehp.

My pleasure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: