The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

So, COMPForce...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> So, COMPForce... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

That's an interesting idea, but it seem logistically problematic as you need a large carbon freeze facility to freeze things. TESB also suggests that it is rarely successful to free live beings as they tend to not survive the freezing process..

True, carbonite would require a large freezing area. So better to just keep them in a medically induced coma!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
True, carbonite would require a large freezing area. So better to just keep them in a medically induced coma!

But, if successful, putting someone in carbonite only requires the one-time expenditure. Medically induced comas require constant monitoring by medical facilities.

An alternate possibility would be the stasis fields used by the Star's End prison in the Han Solo trilogy. It'd still require constant application of energy to maintain the field, but that's less intensive than constant monitoring by medical staff.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:
Equipment: Heat reflective armor (+2 Energy , +1D Physical)

Very minor question: Is there any reason you've gone with Energy then Physical, rather than the other (which is more common, IME)?

Very minor answer: Does it matter? If you want to use this template for your game please feel free to reverse the order. Sylvre Phire asked for the template and I delivered.

CRMcNeill wrote:
It's actually a direct copy of the Equipment listed on the CompForce Trooper template in Heroes and Rogues.

For clarification, the entire equipment listing is not a direct copy of the CompForce Trooper equipment. The Equipment is mostly based on the Imperial Bounty Hunter template in GG10, but in accordance with the chosen template picture, this bounty hunter was allowed to keep his CompForce armor when he left the service.

I found conflicting stats for CompForce armor so I went with the scout trooper armor stats because it looks like about the same amount of coverage (and likewise no Dex penalty). I kept the "Heat reflective" quality listed, but whatever that means in game terms is up to the GM.

And CRM, did you notice that I changed the blaster rifle to blaster carbine? The weapon he's holding in the picture looks like the Stormtrooper blaster you determined was actually a carbine and not a rifle.

CRMcNeill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

An alternate possibility would be the stasis fields used by the Star's End prison in the Han Solo trilogy. It'd still require constant application of energy to maintain the field, but that's less intensive than constant monitoring by medical staff.

Or, I don't know, crazy idea here, maybe just put them in the brig??
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
And CRM, did you notice that I changed the blaster rifle to blaster carbine? The weapon he's holding in the picture looks like the Stormtrooper blaster you determined was actually a carbine and not a rifle.

I did not; I was actually focusing just on the armor, which I had vaguely remembered from the CompForce Trooper template, but no specific details. Thanks for the nod, though.

Quote:
CRMcNeill wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Or, I don't know, crazy idea here, maybe just put them in the brig??

This conversation actually stemmed from a scenario in which a bounty hunter captured someone and encased them in carbonite for ~150 years, so putting prisoners in the brig wouldn't have quite the same effect.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
This conversation actually stemmed from a scenario in which a bounty hunter captured someone and encased them in carbonite for ~150 years, so putting prisoners in the brig wouldn't have quite the same effect.

That must have been one long-lived bounty hunter. What species was he?
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter what species he was. Point was a scenario where someone gets captured, carbon-frozen, and then suddenly it is 150 years later. Perhaps they thawed aboard a ship, cold and drifting in space, with only minimal life support.

Basically, a technological-based Dreypa's Oubliette, or a variation on Star's End.

It would be an interesting start for a quixotic Jedi or something - thawed in a galaxy which is quite different from what they were used to back in the day, and perhaps having knowledge about the Star Cabal, the GenoHaradan, or some other organization that is in the new 'now' much, much more sneaky.

Or even be a race which is now unusual or extinct, like a Tarro, or perhaps even a straight up Taung.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: So, COMPForce... Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:
Equipment: Heat reflective armor (+2 Energy , +1D Physical)

Very minor question: Is there any reason you've gone with Energy then Physical, rather than the other (which is more common, IME)?

Very minor answer: Does it matter? If you want to use this template for your game please feel free to reverse the order. Sylvre Phire asked for the template and I delivered.

Not at all... it was just curiosity.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
Doesn't matter what species he was. Point was a scenario where someone gets captured, carbon-frozen, and then suddenly it is 150 years later. Perhaps they thawed aboard a ship, cold and drifting in space, with only minimal life support.

Ooooh, fun. Good way to introduce people to skills, without combat.
Sylvre Phire
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Quite an interesting drift in discussion here. I just wanted you to know, CRMcNeill, Rehab and Reclamation are going to be featured in the upcoming story arc ("The Blackwing Crisis") of my campaign, Knights Errant.

And yes, it's that Blackwing, in case you're all wondering... Muahahahaaa!

Later!

Sylvre Phire
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only "Blackwing" I know is Varsuvius' raven familiar from Order of the Stick.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Troopers.

CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvre Phire wrote:
I just wanted you to know, CRMcNeill, Rehab and Reclamation are going to be featured in the upcoming story arc ("The Blackwing Crisis") of my campaign, Knights Errant.

Cool. Just out of curiosity, which one will you be using; I posted two different versions of Reclamation, the first being a specific project to produce mind-wiped berzerkers and kamikazes, the second being a more general method of imbedding super-soldier projects into field units.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Cool. Just out of curiosity, which one will you be using; I posted two different versions of Reclamation, the first being a specific project to produce mind-wiped berzerkers and kamikazes, the second being a more general method of imbedding super-soldier projects into field units.

Wait, two separate versions? Reclamation wasn't a joint project between the Coalition For Improvements and CompForce's Rehabilition Division? Or was it a joint project of CoImp and ISB's Interrogation branch?

I think we need a new organizational chart for your new write-up of COMPNOR, CRMcNeill. Shocked Razz
Sylvre Phire
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

The first one - mostly as an experimental, one-appearance branch. It's going to make for an interesting adventure arc, that's for sure...

Later!

Sylvre Phire
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Wait, two separate versions? Reclamation wasn't a joint project between the Coalition For Improvements and CompForce's Rehabilition Division? Or was it a joint project of CoImp and ISB's Interrogation branch?

Conceptually, it began as a joint project of Rehabilitation and ISB's Interrogation, but it was highly focused on a specific super-soldier project. As my concept for expanding CompForce grew to encompass other agencies within COMPNOR, so too did the concept of Reclamation change. With the addition of Advancement to CoImp, as an umbrella organization for supervising all of the Empire's various weapons & technology programs, the original concept of Reclamation (mindwiping suspects and modifying them as combat berzerkers and kamikazes) became more like a single project among many that Advancement would be in charge of. However, there would need to be some sort of liaison branch to facilitate field testing of Advancement's various projects. The original idea for Reclamation remains, but no longer exists as a sub-unit of COMPNOR.

Quote:
I think we need a new organizational chart for your new write-up of COMPNOR, CRMcNeill. Shocked Razz

Be my guest. The recent posts in the COMPNOR Expansion topic lay out where the new agencies fit into the organization of COMPNOR.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: