The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adaptations of the old-school X-Wing PC game Tours of Duty?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Adaptations of the old-school X-Wing PC game Tours of Duty? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you're describing a Wraith op. Which I'm fully for.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Perhaps the party could be a split team, some joining an air raid to draw defensive troops off, while the other team joins a ground raid..

However, the success or failure of one team could have serious consequences on the other..

Yeah, this reminds me of a line from Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising about warfare: "All the parts have to work or the other guy wins."

Zarn wrote:
Then you're describing a Wraith op. Which I'm fully for.

I stopped reading the X-Wing series at Wraith Squadron because I found I didn't care about the Wraith squad characters as much as the Rogues. I suppose I'll need to remedy that.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
garhkal wrote:
Perhaps the party could be a split team, some joining an air raid to draw defensive troops off, while the other team joins a ground raid..

However, the success or failure of one team could have serious consequences on the other..

Yeah, this reminds me of a line from Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising about warfare: "All the parts have to work or the other guy wins.".

Yup. Heck one of our sparks convention big sessions (interactives as we call them) had a mission where cause one table royally borked things up, had a big impact on 2 other tables... So the GMs of all 3 had to take a 5 min time out to work out HOW bad that impact would be, but not make it SO bad, that we would have had a lot of pcs lost.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Oh, I heard of a three-part adventure of three teams that ran a SAGA game like that at a convention. Each table had objectives and the success/fail of each table affected the other two tables. Kind of like the ground mission on Endor affected the space mission on Endor.

From what I heard it was pretty wild.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those sorts of missions are a blast to partake in, but it can be challenging, working out what bad things can happen to say table 2 if those in table 3 (or 1, or even both) fail.. Or even worse, have a grade of bad things, one for just the one table failing, something else for the other table failing, and a third possibility if both the other tables fail..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: