The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rules for acid or acid attacks in the RAW?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Rules for acid or acid attacks in the RAW? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
Holy crap.

Oh just in case you thought you could go to sleep the hydrochloric acid swishing around INSIDE YOUR STOMACH can reach a pH around 1-2 on a regular basis...pleasant dreams!

As long as my stomach isn't hurting or I'm not throwing up (watch out for Delhi Belly if you travel to India, folks!), then I don't mind.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe each source of acid should apply its own rules. That seems to be what is happening with much of it anyway.

This is what I came up with for the rules for an acid-spitting creature:

The creature may spit acid twice a round to a distance of 10 m. This ability cannot be parried unless with a shield, and must be Dodged instead. Most any weapon or shield hit by the creature’s acid will melt away in 1D rounds. If it gets on the floor in a starship, there is a risk of it eating through to (and past) the outer hull. A hit in the head, neck, or torso generally means that the affected character has about ten rounds to live (if he or she was hit in the torso, head, or neck) unless he or she can wash off the acid with an appropriate solvent. In the meantime, the acid will eat through all armor and clothing within 2 rounds and will begin damaging the flesh beneath it at 1D cumulatively per round (e.g. in the fifth round, the affected character takes 5D damage). On the other hand, characters hit in a limb or in some sort of glancing way may only lose their limb or hand or foot or shoulder before the acid can be washed off. A character lucky enough to wash off the acid before becoming Wounded or Incapacitated will still have permanent scars from the attack.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope a bacta tank can heal those scars. After all, they healed Luke's scars that he got from the wampa in TESB. Granted, not the same type of scars at all, but even if bacta can't regrow limbs, it has (as I understand it) amazing healing properties.

Yeah, now that I think about it, while we're discussing acid damage, I think we also need to discuss how and what can heal that acid damage. Would bacta and Force Heal be the start or the end of such a conversation?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heal the damage possibly. Heal the scar.. IMO no.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal thought is that there would be permanent scarring, and chunks of flesh that had dissolved away could not be filled back in again. Acid would be unique in this regard; it has to be nasty. So while bacta can heal the surface of whatever has been melted away, it cannot regrow it in any meaningful way. Even superficial scarring from light exposure would be permanent.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes me wonder how nasty critters like the Xenomorphs from Aliens would be!!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Makes me wonder how nasty critters like the Xenomorphs from Aliens would be!!

Before Alien 3 came out, Dark Horse Comics published quite a few Alien stories starring Hicks and Newt from Aliens after they got back to Earth (Ripley went missing in the interim and didn't show up until later). The scars on Hicks' face from the acid blood that he got during the elevator scene in Aliens covered almost half his face.

As for how something that powerful would work under D6 rules I have no idea, but I mentioned in an earlier post how my middle school science teacher was asked what the pH rating of xenomorph blood would be and he said something like -12 pH. Shocked
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The acid I described above I would call "extremely strong". Maybe acids deserve categories. But that's just complicating things. Each individual acid instance in SWD6 would be better if it just had its own stats, I think. And also forget reality with this, just like in Alien...it's not going to line up with Earth science. Meaning the "This is Fantasy Space Opera and it doesn't have to make sense" card is out and ready to play...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: