The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Blaze Cutless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Blaze Cutless
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Blaze Cutless Reply with quote

This weekend Im going to run a premade adventure, The treasure of.Celisas Mott. The wookiee pirate has a blaze cutlass (STR + 2D). The thing is besides the name and ststs, there is no description.

So Im looking for suggestions for the cutlass.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as sentients have had the capability of making sharp and pointy objects to forcefully insert in their fellow sentient, there's been work done to try and improve the sharp and pointy objects.

Some have tried to vibrate the sharp and pointy object, making the subclass of weaponry known as vibroblades - with the occasional axe, of course.

However, many sentients have preferred to set their fellow sentient on fire, for a variety of psychopathic reasons. And the higher tech version of fire, is plasma.

The blaze cutlass is essentially a Ferroceramic cutlass, augmented with the ability to edge its blade in a superhot plasma. On its own, it has two modes of operation - either doing STR + 2D physical damage, or doing 4D energy damage. If used without its plasma enhancement, it does damage as a sword (STR + 1D).

As it needs both a small canister of fuel for its plasma as well as a power cell, the blaze cutlass has a thin flexihose going from its hilt to a thermos-sized bottle of plasma fuel usually worn on the wielder's belt. The fuel canister contains enough fuel for 30 rounds of use. The blaze cutlass emits a hissing sound when used. As it is self contained, it works in a vacuum as well, similar in its nature to a fusion cutter.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder. If someone shot that canister, how much damage would he cause the wearer??!
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I wonder. If someone shot that canister, how much damage would he cause the wearer??!

Alot, I'm sure. It would be alot like the D-Day scene in Saving Private Ryan where Captain Miller sees that flamethrower soldier have his fuel pack explode...and it promptly engulfs not only the flamethrower soldier but the two or three guys standing right next to him too.

If any of you guys have ever played (or even heard about) Werewolf: the Apocalypse RPG from White Wolf Studios/Onyx Path Publishing, remind me to tell you about the Balefire Flamethrower from Book of the Wyrm. That thing is nasty.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the canister isn't really the trick here. Note that there's both the canister and the powercell here to power the blaze cutlass. In my suggested take on this, the fuel isn't more or less explosive than, say, water. It only needs to get turned into plasma probably through some power arc or something powered by the power cell.

Suitable stuff to turn into plasma in the real world might be something like Mercury or one of the noble gases. Mercury isn't particularly explosive, and neither are any of the noble gases.

For simplicity's sake, I'd say the power cell would have to be replaced at the same time the fuel canister is replaced.

The fusion cutter has some suggested stats here: http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fusion_Cutter

There's a diagram here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fusioncutter

And I basically suggested the combination of fuel canister and power cell for two reasons - one, as a callback to the older style lightsabers, and another as an analogue to the fusion cutter. Note that the stats of the fusion cutter doesn't say anything about the fuel being explosive when breached.

The flexicord would likely be a better target - I wouldn't give it more than 1D or 2D in Body to resist attacks, so it might be able to at least make the blaze cutlass into just a cutlass.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a sword with a plasma edge? I can see that.

edit: grammer

Last edited by Ninja-Bear on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Alot, I'm sure. It would be alot like the D-Day scene in Saving Private Ryan where Captain Miller sees that flamethrower soldier have his fuel pack explode...and it promptly engulfs not only the flamethrower soldier but the two or three guys standing right next to him too.

If any of you guys have ever played (or even heard about) Werewolf: the Apocalypse RPG from White Wolf Studios/Onyx Path Publishing, remind me to tell you about the Balefire Flamethrower from Book of the Wyrm. That thing is nasty.

EUUUGG>. I have had several pcs almost die to those damnable balefire flamers...
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Sutehp wrote:
garhkal wrote:

EUUUGG>. I have had several pcs almost die to those damnable balefire flamers...

ZOMG, garkhal, you played Werewolf: the Apocalypse?! We need to continue this conversation either in a different thread or through PM. 8) Laughing Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: