The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Foombah Boon Imperial Bounty Hunter (total bad@ss, Boba who)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Foombah Boon Imperial Bounty Hunter (total bad@ss, Boba who)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Foombah Boon Imperial Bounty Hunter (total bad@ss, Boba who) Reply with quote

The image was originally posted to the Star Wars D6 G+ community by John Gray. This got people speculating at to the character. Using those inspirations I came up with this.

Quote:
Foombah Boon
Type: Imperial Bounty Hunter
Species/Gender: Ylessian/Male Age: 35 Height: 6'2" Weight: 220#

DEXTERITY 4D
Blaster 9D, blaster: rifle 10D+1, brawling parry 8D+1, dodge 9D, grenade 7D, melee combat 8D, melee parry 8D, missile weapons 6D+2, running 5D+2, thrown weapons 5D+2, thrown weapons: throwing knife 6D, vehicle blasters 7D.
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien species 7D+1, bureaucracy 6D, bureaucracy: Enforcement Division ISB 9D, bureaucracy: Imperial Office of Criminal Investigations 10D, business 6D, business: bounty hunters 7D, cultures 6D, intimidation 11D, languages 9D, law enforcement 6D, planetary systems 8D, planetary systems: Outer Rim Territories 10D+1, streetwise 9D, survival 8D, survival: traps 10D+1, value 6D, willpower 6D+2.
MECHANICAL 2D+1
Astrogation 9D, beast riding 5D+2, communications 5D+2, ground vehicle operation 5D+2, jet pack operation 5D+2, repulsorlift operation 8D, repulsorlift operation: speeder bike 9D+1, sensors 7D, space transports 8D, starfighter piloting 7D+2, starship gunnery 9D, starship shields 7D+1, swoop operation 8D+2.
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 8D+1, command 7D+2, con 8D+1, forgery 5D, gambling 8D+1, hide 8D+2, investigation 9D, persuasion 7D, search 8D+2, search: tracking 9D+2, sneak 7D.
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 11D, climbing/jumping 8D, lifting 7D, stamina 10D, swimming 7D.
TECHNICAL 2D
Armor repair 3D+1, blaster repair 5D+1, computer operations 9D, demolitions 6D+2, droid programming 8D, droid repair 7D+2, equipment repair, first aid 5D+1, security 8D.

Force Sensitive? No
Force Points: 5
Dark Side Points: 6
Character Points: 22

Equipment: See below

Modified BlasTech DLT-20A: 4-50/150/300, 6D. Integrated holographic/laser sight (+1D modifier to blaster skill checks). Foldable tripod (requires one round to setup, +2D modifier to blaster skill checks).

Modified BlasTech DL-18: 3-10/30/120, 5D+1, quickdraw holster (+2D modifier to blaster skill when attempting to quickdraw; REUP page 97-98, it is a free action to draw the weapon).

Modified Stormtrooper Helmet: Provides +2D physical and +1D energy protection (head). Voice activated encrypted comlink with HoloNet access and HUD integration. Broadband antenna increases range to 400 kilometers. Signal interceptor allows the wearer to eavesdrop on encrypted communications with a Very Difficult communications skill roll. Digital rangefinder (+2D versus targets 100 meters or further away), FOE system, with integrated HUD. GPS, weather tracking, wind bearing, temperature, ammo data, barrel temperature, power levels. Nightvision negates all penalties to vision checks due to lighting conditions.

Modified Armored Flight Suit: Provides +2D to Strength to resist damage and additional protection against vacuum for limited periods. It grants a +1D+1 bonus to stamina to resist adverse temperatures.

Gauntlets: Retractable blades are concealed in the right and left gauntlet. Does STR+2D (max: 6D) damage. Cortosis inserts allow lightsabers to be parried without taking damage. If a lightsaber blade touches the cortosis gauntlet, it deactivates and remains inoperative for 2 minutes.

Utility Belt: High-tension wire, grappling hooks, spare blaster power packs, ion flares, concentrated rations, spare comlink, water packs, 2 medpacs.

Climbing Gloves: +1D modifier to climbing skill checks.

Modified HSS Thruster Pack: Each operation burst permits flight up to 500 meters (Move: 35). Has fuel for 20 minutes of continuous flight. Can carry 30 kilograms of cargo besides the operator. The repulsorlift generator allows the pack to hover and has a Move of 15 (cannot be used in conjunction with the rocket blast). The respulsor unit can operate continuously for a maximum of 10 minutes.

Anti-slip Boots: Reinforced footwear designed to resist harsh and slippery surfaces (+1D modifier to running skill checks versus terrain difficulty).

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll bite: Why does this guy have the misspelled word "afirm" in Aurebesh on his chest? ("Affirm" is actually spelled with 2 "f"s, by the way.) Does it have something to do with this?

EDIT: Also, concerning the Species entry for this character: Ylesia is a planet that doesn't have any native species. So "Ylesian" (and this is spelled with one "s," not two) is not a species, it's just a name for someone whose homeworld is Ylesia (i.e. someone who was born on Ylesia). According to Wookiepedia, many species have immigrated to Ylesia, but none of them are a native species that actually arose on Ylesia.

So is this guy a human who was born on Ylesia? Or is he a different species entirely? Kinda hard to tell with all that...apparatus swaddled around him.

"It's just very hard to understand you with all that...apparatus."
-Poe Dameron, to Kylo Ren, The Force Awakens
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh ...

1. I made up a name for a near-human species and called it whatever I had in my head at the time. It wasn't taken from SWU lore.

2. I have no idea about the spelling, as I said, someone else did it, not me. So I cannot answer that question for you.

So ... uh ... other than some questions as to where he lives, his correct species and something about the image ... did you have any thoughts about the actual character?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a head for number crunching, so I can't comment as to his stats. (This is something I need to remedy, I know, especially if the remote possibility of me GM'ing a Star Wars group should ever come about.)

But yeah, he does seem like a total badass of a bounty hunter.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a DLT-19, not a BlasTech DLT-20A. Maybe slightly shortened. And that is NOT a DL-18 - the handle's all wrong. it looks much more like a DL-44, with its rounded contours.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rifle looks like an E-5 stuck between the back end and muzzle of a DLT-19. The sidearm looks more like a Merr-Sonn Power 5, evidenced by the corded wire of the laser sight.
Ninja-Bear
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great ti.me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: