The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TIE/ew ELECTRONIC WARFARE STARFIGHTER D6 STATS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> TIE/ew ELECTRONIC WARFARE STARFIGHTER D6 STATS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: TIE/ew ELECTRONIC WARFARE STARFIGHTER D6 STATS Reply with quote

As Bradywan asked in his post about converting the Battlestar Galactica new series Raptor, the question of whether there are any Electronic Warfare ships in the SWU came up. The closest thing anyone could come up with was this ship:

TIE/ew ELECTRONIC WARFARE STARFIGHTER D6 STATS

Name: TIE Electronic Warfare
Type: Sienar Fleet Systems TIE/ew Electronic Warfare Fighter
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 7.8 Meters
Skill: Starfighter Piloting - Tie Bomber
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Starfighter Piloting 5D, Starship Gunnery 5D+2, Missile Weapons 5D+1
Consumables: 2 Days
Cargo Capacity: 5 Metric Tons
Space: 6
Atmosphere: 400; 1150 kph
Maneuverability: 0D
Hull: 4D+1
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 40/0D
Scan: 70/1D
Search: 1000/2D
Focus: 3/2D+2
Weapons:
Laser Cannons (Fire Linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Fire Control: 2D
Space: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/2.5km
Damage: 4D
Electronic Warfare Jammer
Fire Arc: All
Fire Control: N/A
Space: 5/15/35
Atmosphere Range: 5/15/35km
Damage: 5D (special)
Note: The Electronic Warfare Jammer provides interference which blocks sensors and weapon targeting systems, reducing all of these by 5D.
Capsule: As pirates, smugglers, crime lords and the Rebellion gained access to more advanced surface-to-air defense weapons, ground suppression and drop-ship missions became increasingly dangerous for the Empire. To defend against these emplacements, a number of Sector commands started replacing the weapons systems of the TIE/gt and TIE Bomber with off-the-shelf communication and sensor jammers. Sienar engineers learned of these field modifications and requested permission to examine them. From these early field prototypes, they designed a successful sensors and communications jamming craft. The TIE/ew is equipped with a communications scanner, full spectrum communications and sensor jammers, and a slightly improved sensor package. Designed to cripple a planet-based forces' ability to see incoming craft, this sensor package prevents such a force from targeting and destroying Imperial ships before they reach the planet’s surface. When coupled with TIE/fr's in Hunter elements, these TIE/ew fighters are a great danger to Rebel units. The TIE/ew has saved the lives of many Imperial soldiers.
Source: http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/ew_Electonic_Warfare_Starfighter & http://rpggamer.org/stats.php?page=d6/d6tieew.html&name=Sienar%20Fleet%20Systems%20TIE/ew%20Electronic%20Warfare%20Fighter

No one has come up with a Rebel Alliance or New Republic EW fighter that I know of. Does anyone know of such a thing?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1000 space units search?? IS that f/ing kidding?? Not even the larger cap ships have that...!?!??!!?!? At most i might see 150..

And as that wiki states its FANON, fan made..
Also what the hell is the Astragon Navy
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
1000 space units search?? IS that f/ing kidding?? Not even the larger cap ships have that...!?!??!!?!? At most i might see 150....

To be fair, the Observation Module Modular Taskforce Cruiser from the Dark Empire Sourcebook has the same function as the TIE/ew and its sensor stats are as follows:

Sensors:
Passive: 250/3D
Scan: 800/4D
Search: 1500/5D
Focus: 18/6D

That's right, a Search of 1500(!) from an original WEG book. So the TIE/ew, merely being a smaller platform of the same design function, having a Search of 1,000 in light of that doesn't seem too unreasonable to me. A real world example might be the E-3 Sentry in the US Air Force and the smaller E-2 Hawkeye which is flown by the US Navy. Both are EW planes but the former is larger and has a greater range than the latter.

(And these modular cruisers always impressed me with their support role versatility. After all, the old phrase goes: "Amateurs study tactics. Experts study logistics.")

EDIT: I went back and looked at the rest of the TIE/ew Sensor stats, and they don't seem to match up. It goes from 40 to 70 then to 1000? Garkhal might have a point that that Scan 1000 might really be a typo....

garhkal wrote:
And as that wiki states its FANON, fan made....
Also what the hell is the Astragon Navy

Smeg if I know. I was just looking for a nice EW fighter for Star Wars; I didn't bother reading any of that alternate universe crap.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second garhkal's range objection. A 1,000 SU Search range is only found on dedicated capital ships (at 1,150 meters in length, IIRC) or something like the Death Star.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: