The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Any homebrewed PC species?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Any homebrewed PC species?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: Any homebrewed PC species? Reply with quote

Have you ran or played any homebrewed species as PCs? What were they like? Please share brief descriptions or full stats, whatever you want. Thanks,
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nolisha. That funnily enough ended up on the Holocron, but without the hooks page I also wrote. It's quite OP, though - it's been about two decades since I wrote that.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarn wrote:
Nolisha. That funnily enough ended up on the Holocron, but without the hooks page I also wrote. It's quite OP, though - it's been about two decades since I wrote that.

http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Nolisha

I see. It's also funny that there is no capsule fluff but it says the Source is Wookieepedia. Smile
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
DirkCorman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Zromillian Reply with quote

A race of arid desert planet dwellers from my Outer rim campaigns back in the day.. I'll have to dig the stuff out as I'm going to be putting them in my little book.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bunch of home brewed races, all posted on this site.

So far though, i have had only 3 used as PC races. One player went with a Ghorhal (those bear guys), but the whole large amount of food required for them was a bummer for the group.. He eventually 'heroically sacrificed the character, so he could make up one more fitting to the group.

2nd went with one of the Voodni (my wolf guys), but he got killed after going claw to lightsaber with a darksider..

3rd went with a Nisstanni.. Loved them, but almost caused the ship to crash one game, after 'getting under the deck plates, and wrestling with the power cables (forgetting his EM field shuts/disrupts electricity down) trying to do some repairs for battle damage... Died 9 games in after getting his missile launcher crit hit by an enemy scout trooper who got a REAL lucky shot down its barrel (8d missile blowing up right by his head didn't do him any good)..
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race blurb:

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~leirbakk/rpg/starwars/races/starwars_races_nolisha.html

Background:

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~leirbakk/rpg/starwars/races/starwars_races_nolishabackground.html

Sample character (another scrambled letters name) using my experimental Martial Arts rules:

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~leirbakk/rpg/starwars/characters/starwars_character_lerebuce.html

Short fiction I wrote as an accompanying piece:

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~leirbakk/rpg/starwars/fiction/starwars_fiction_lerebuce.html

Also, in a somewhat Space Opera related note, I'm apparently one of the world's authorities on the Buck Rogers in the XXV Century game from TSR. I'm unsure how I feel about that.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a race of cat people 20 years ago I called the Cathori. I remembered the Cathar from the Tales of the Jedi comics, but couldn't remember at the time what they were called. The Cathori became something very different by the time I got done and once again ran across the Cathar in print. They had a survival ability similar to the Ubese, claws that gave them bonus damage and climbing bonuses, and a force linked gene. If they did anything to receive dark side points, they would get two DSP. In addition, if they had 3-4 dark side points their eyes would turn orange, and their fur would turn to charcoal with black stripes. If they had 5 or more DSP, their fur would all turn black and their eyes would turn red. They came from a world that over time became flat and windy, with most of them living beneath the endless grasslands in underground cities, in between shallow seas. They have a form of battle armor and some "predator" like weapons, but otherwise have space level tech.

One of my players had a bounty hunter that was a human, but he came from a world called Tazar. They would come of age by slaying one of the giant beetles that terrorized the hillside and would make armor out of its carpace. His character had armor that made him look like "The Tick". His armor did allow him to float, however.

Another player was a "Rubesian Space Gypsy". they were a people who were a sort of near human, who had been spaceborne for so long that they didn't remember a homeworld. One of their tribal leaders had a tricked out Z95 headhunter (hot rod flames and all) that was called "the poison arrow".

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
crazydanny1
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man... Where to start with the number of homebrew species we've made over the years. The list is long. Most of their stats are posted on our wiki.

http://bloodandhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Species

A lot of species were added for flavor, since we were all Sci-fi nerds that watched various shows. Some were inspired by other genres. And yes, there have been PCs from the homebrew aliens.

My baby that I've personally played a few times as PCs are the Antrixians. We've had a campaign that focused a lot on their backstory, even though I kind of consider them a "Mary Sue".

http://bloodandhonor.wikia.com/wiki/Antrixian

http://swbloodlines.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Bloodlines_Wiki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: