The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rogue One (original spoilers thread)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Rogue One (original spoilers thread) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Check this out: 33 times the Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide canonized WEG

Holy sh!t! They canonized the Ghorman Massacre! That's one of my favorite pieces of WEG lore.

And canonizing the SpecForce Wilderness Fighters and Pathfinders is also awesome.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Jyn Erso's mother a Jedi? Was she a padawan on Corusant and survived Order 66. She seems to be dressed like a Jedi and she has a kyber Crystal that would seem to be the right size for a lightsaber. I wonder if a small back story would explain if it where the case. Does the go visual guide give any clues to her history?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
Is Jyn Erso's mother a Jedi? Was she a padawan on Coruscant and survived Order 66. She seems to be dressed like a Jedi and she has a kyber Crystal that would seem to be the right size for a lightsaber. I wonder if a small back story would explain if it where the case. Does the go visual guide give any clues to her history?

She's not a Jedi. She doesn't show any signs of Force-sensitivity, she lived on Coruscant when Jyn was born (and while Galen was still part of Project Celestial Power working with Krennic) before they fled to Lah'mu, so if she had been a Jedi the Empire would have found her instantly since she was living in the open with her husband and newborn daughter. The style of her robes is a coincidence and the reason she had a kyber crystal is because her husband was working with them as part of Project Celestial Power before they fled Coruscant and he probably gave her one as a trinket.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Lyra Erso was originally going to be a Jedi in an early draft of the script, but that idea was abandoned and the character that made it into the film isn't one.

If you look at the background characters in a lot of the films, there are many characters that dress 'like a Jedi', but this is the wrong way round. The Jedi robe clothing is meant to look like the clothing of the every day citizen to show their humility and service to every being.

Xain
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was frikken awesome seeing so much of WEG canonized!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
Is Jyn Erso's mother a Jedi? Was she a padawan on Corusant and survived Order 66. She seems to be dressed like a Jedi

By that logic, Uncle Owen is a Jedi too...

Sutehp wrote:
The style of her robes is a coincidence and the reason she had a kyber crystal is because her husband was working with them as part of Project Celestial Power before they fled Coruscant and he probably gave her one as a trinket.

The style of her robe is not a coincidence...

Xain Arke wrote:
If you look at the background characters in a lot of the films, there are many characters that dress 'like a Jedi', but this is the wrong way round. The Jedi robe clothing is meant to look like the clothing of the every day citizen to show their humility and service to every being.

Bingo. It's not that other characters look like Jedi, it's that Jedi by and large dress like average joes.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
Check this out: 33 times the Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide canonized WEG

Holy sh!t! They canonized the Ghorman Massacre! That's one of my favorite pieces of WEG lore.

And canonizing the SpecForce Wilderness Fighters and Pathfinders is also awesome.

Whole lotta awesome in there.

garhkal wrote:
That was frikken awesome seeing so much of WEG canonized!

I know, right?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
griff wrote:
Is Jyn Erso's mother a Jedi? Was she a padawan on Corusant and survived Order 66. She seems to be dressed like a Jedi

By that logic, Uncle Owen is a Jedi too...

Sutehp wrote:
The style of her robes is a coincidence....

The style of her robe is not a coincidence...

Xain Arke wrote:

Bingo. It's not that other characters look like Jedi, it's that Jedi by and large dress like average joes.

Yeah, this is what I meant by "coincidence." In hindsight, probably not the best term. But considering that the Jedi are a monastic order that (by and large) makes an effort to be humble and consult the will of the Force before acting, it makes sense that (most) Jedi would refrain from ostentatious displays of frippery. Though, there have been exceptions....
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

Xain Arke wrote:

As others have pointed out, a lot of it follows what Ben wore on Tattooine... but that's also fairly practical clothing for a desert, as evidenced by a lot of people wearing the same sorts of things.

They Jedi had a badge... it was their lightsaber.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: RO Home Video Release Dates Reply with quote

March 24
Digital HD Download (Disney Movies Anywhere)

April 4
Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD
DVD

Of course I'll be getting the Blu-ray pack on 4/4.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: RO Home Video Release Dates Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
March 24

April 4
Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD
DVD

Damn, April 4? I thought it wasn't coming out on Blu-ray until April 17! Then again, the commercial I saw with that date was in Spanish, so that might have been the Spain release date, not a worldwide release date as I had assumed.

My dilemma is this: Do I use my Amazon Prime discount or my Barnes and Noble membership discount to preorder purchase the Rogue One Blu-ray?
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: RO Home Video Release Dates Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Whill wrote:
March 24

April 4
Blu-ray/DVD/Digital HD
DVD

d*mn, April 4? I thought it wasn't coming out on Blu-ray until April 17! Then again, the commercial I saw with that date was in Spanish, so that might have been the Spain release date, not a worldwide release date as I had assumed.

My dilemma is this: Do I use my Amazon Prime discount or my Barnes and Noble membership discount to preorder purchase the Rogue One Blu-ray?

Amazon doesn't have a price yet. That is so lame. Barnes & Noble does. For another alternative, here is Best Buy.

I have Amazon Prime and enjoy its free shipping. I am a B&N member as well. And I'm a Best Buy Rewards member (it's free). In my experience Amazon usually has the best mail order price (or tied for best) and Best Buy usually matches that or better in-store for the first 5 days of release. I won't be mail ordering this because I already have a plan that requires it to be in-hand on 4/4. So I'll be taking a little time off work that day to drive to Best Buy, wait in line with the other nerds for the store to open at 10:00am, and pick it up.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some people being outraged at Disney for certain stuff (won't go into it as it would be hitting politics), this will be my last Disney thing i buy...
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not outraged at Disney, but I am annoyed at them going to a less-convenient source for things like this.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
I am annoyed at them going to a less-convenient source for things like this.

Less convenient source? What do you mean? Is this about availability of the movie for purchase?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 17 of 30

Jump to: